*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,113 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grapesoda2525
The game Thursday could be uglier than the last two.

Will be glad when this preseason is behind us.
Mozart Paintings
AG

I wonder what, if anything, this means.
TheCougarHunter
AG
I drove bus said:

Clickbait with no basis in fact
jr15aggie
AG
We've all talked about the why and why not regarding Gathers... But man that guy is a good looking player when the pads come on and he's out there moving. Passes the eye test, A+
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I drove bus said:

ughhh...hopefully just clickbait and nothing real.
jr15aggie
AG
Sounds like NY and OBJ are close to a deal to make him the highest paid WR. Good... the G-men will have a ton of money tied up in a WR while currently not having any long term QB prospects.
Grapesoda2525
Any earl Thomas news?

We're literally running out of safeties.
BassCowboy33
Grapesoda2525 said:

Any earl Thomas news?

We're literally running out of safeties.

I heard an interesting posit on The Ticket today. Considering the Cowboys two biggest needs right now are backup quarterback and safety, which is more important?

Basically, would you rather give a 2nd/3rd for Thomas or a 2nd/3rd for Bridgewater?

Let's be honest, the defense can skirt by with poor safety play. But if Dak gets injured, it doesn't matter if Jesus is playing safety, the team is screwed.

I agree with them. I think Bridgewater is a better investment than Thomas.
jr15aggie
AG
At this point I think you roll with Dak. Guy is a tank at QB... not indestructible, but pretty reliable at his age. I'm not giving away draft picks now for a back-up. No way. We don't even know who this team is. Would feel pretty dumb to give away those picks for a QB and then we find out this team sucks balls even with our starters healthy.

In short, you play the season out with our current QBs. If Dak gets hurt mid way you evaluate the team as a whole and make your play then.
jr15aggie
AG
Zack Martin was practicing yesterday. Didn't have a brace on or anything. He'll be ready to go baring any set backs.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Zack Martin was practicing yesterday. Didn't have a brace on or anything. He'll be ready to go baring any set backs.
Needed some good news.

This off-season has sucked for the cowboys.
PooDoo
AG
Bridgewater isn't trading a 3rd for a backup. Its just diversification.
Not only would he push Dak to improve, he'd be insurance for this season, and a possible asset to trade for picks.
ac04
bridgewater was traded to NO yesterday
TMACsDaMan
Vander Esch is a total question mark. That isn't a good sign for a first round pick going into the season. The bust train is gaining steam.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, I've already pretty much written this season off. When a rookie has a nagging camp injury that keeps them off the field for much of preseason, rarely do they end up contributing much of anything that season. At this point, I'm just worried about his long-term prospects.
PooDoo
AG
ac04 said:

bridgewater was traded to NO yesterday

Yep, went to a HC that knows what he's doing.

Also, JJT says Gregory is meeting with a league Dr for evals.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Unlikely Frederick plays this year. The top pick has missed a ton of time and isn't likely to be a major contributor this season. Gregory may or may not be back in trouble with the league. Lost your only semblance of a decent Tight End (albeit he had slowed down quite a bit).

Looks like Jason Garrett has plenty of excuses built into 2018 already.
jr15aggie
AG
My gosh... you guys are depressing as hell!!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
What I'm reading is that this doctor's visit very well could have been set up for a long time. No doubt blood work to prove he's still clean.

The deal is that all of this is 100% NFL business and the cowboys have no say and are not informed ahead of time.

In short, none of this means the league has reason to suspect anything. For now I'm hopeful the guy has his stuff together.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Cowboys acquire Parker Ehinger (G) from KC for Chauvarious Ward.
jr15aggie
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Ward wasn't going to make the team. Let's hope this Parker guy can sorta play.
98Ag99Grad
AG
4th round pick in 2016 who started, hurt knee and was backup in 2017. We'll see I guess.
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

What I'm reading is that this doctor's visit very well could have been set up for a long time. No doubt blood work to prove he's still clean.

The deal is that all of this is 100% NFL business and the cowboys have no say and are not informed ahead of time.

In short, none of this means the league has reason to suspect anything. For now I'm hopeful the guy has his stuff together.

JJT said Randy disappeared and his baby sitter couldn't reach him so the league is bringing him in for further evaluation.
jr15aggie
AG
I hadn't heard that... Sheesh, but I guess it's not surprising if true.
jr15aggie
AG
jr15aggie said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Ward wasn't going to make the team. Let's hope this Parker guy can sorta play.

I'll take back what I said... I was thinking about Jihad Ward (who I don't think makes the team). But we gave up the CB Ward. That's interesting cause I do think Ward would have made the team. Talking Cowboys did spend time talking about how we most definitely had to get another guy here that could play on the O-line because of our injuries. They talked specifically about using CB as leverage.

Not surprising I guess, but CBs are like gold too. We've got a pretty solid top 4, but Ward was clearly the best 5th guy. After Ward there was a pretty decent drop off in talent... we'll probably look to pick somebody up after cuts.
bonfarr
AG
PooDoo said:

jr15aggie said:

JJT said Randy disappeared and his baby sitter couldn't reach him so the league is bringing him in for further evaluation.

Does his babysitter have a hotline to the league office or what? Randy needs to hire someone with a tad more discretion to babysit.
PooDoo
AG
Think it's the accountability coach the league assigned him.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Gathers arrested last night?

Bye
Old Tom Morris
We like to joke that these guys are gong to end up at Home Depot. But I think that is overestimating them.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Bo Scarborough cut.
Baby Billy
AG
DAN BAILEY CUT.

Whaaaaaaaat
Pignorant
AG
Making too much money?
Baby Billy
AG
Mentioned it a few weeks ago on here that we would have kicker problems. Once a guy gets the yips, they don't get it back. He had them at the end of last year
PatAg
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Mentioned it a few weeks ago on here that we would have kicker problems. Once a guy gets the yips, they don't get it back. He had them at the end of last year

None of what you wrote is accurate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.