*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,068 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The kid has enthusiasm.
BassCowboy33

Also this:

BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

WR can wait... We could not line up with the LB we currently had. This was absolutely the biggest need and we got a guy that some say will be an all pro. We'll see. At the very least we got a starter... Hopefully he's a good starter right away.

Not to mention this year's draft has a deep repertoire of WRs.
. . .
LVE: Last I checked, Mayock isn't a doctor.
Vince Blake
Love the pick. Great story. Will be pulling like hell for the kid.
birdman
That is a terrific pick for Dallas.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Wth, take Evans. Handed to em and they blew it.
BassCowboy33
LVE is the best pass-defending linebacker in this draft. He's the guy that can cover and bully big tight ends.
jr15aggie
AG
yell_on_6th st said:

Sorry for the comparison, but LVE is every bit the athletic/physical freak at LB as Von was as a pass rushing prospect. Not saying he's gonna be this awesome player, but just know there are lots of people that think he is gonna be a crazy good NFL LB'er.
TyHolden
AG
Don't falcons already have Calvin Ridley?
jr15aggie
AG
Really glad Dallas passed in terms of what they really needed. But I really like Ridley. Atlanta offense is LOADED! Then again, only one guy can get the ball every snap.
bonfarr
AG
I think we still need another LB in the later rounds. I would love Shaquiem Griffin in the 4th.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
PooDoo
AG
Just heard LVE on the Ticket... sounds like a Garrett Guy.
PooDoo
AG
Anyone worth trading up to the bottom of the 1st for?
BassCowboy33
Eagles trade out of the 1st
bonfarr
AG
PooDoo said:

Anyone worth trading up to the bottom of the 1st for?

Harold Landry but not a position of need
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
BassCowboy33
Ravens move in. Likely to take Jackson.
BassCowboy33
They'll want to get the jump on NYG at 33, who would've taken Jackson
TyHolden
AG
Who will jump in front of gmen for Randolph Duke?
fwag04
AG
DSAg44 said:

Who will jump in front of gmen for Randolph Duke?
Patriots
bonfarr
AG
Connor Williams still available, if we got him he could nail down RT and Collins could move back to G full time.
jr15aggie
AG
Lots of options for Dallas. I don't prefer them to draft 10 guys. If there is a guy they love in the 2nd, let's start throwing one of our 4th rounders at some teams to move up. Just don't lose our 3rd. But I expect them to sit still for the first few picks.
Macarthur
Or get earl thomas?
Grapesoda2525
What do you guys think the plan is for 2nd and 3rd round?

I'd probably go with another linebacker and a safety or go ahead with the earl Thomas plan.

Billy Moose
AG
Second round looks good for us. Lots of RB and CB that can go between 33-49. Should be able to get a solid G or WR. Will Sutton fall? DJ Chark? Will Hernandez is also still available.
gigem1223
yell_on_6th st said:

LVE was rated higher on Dallas's board. They didn't blow anything. They got their man.
BMX Bandit
Would love Chark in round 2
jr15aggie
AG
Not surprised at all if they get a guard in the 2nd. Should also be plenty of WR in the mix. Safeties are so limited this year, not sure if there is one they cover in the 2nd. Way too high for a RB unless they are wiped out.
jr15aggie
AG
And give the Cowboys credit for standing still and getting their guy. And if you've listened to cowboys talk you'd know he was their guy, they loved him.

I was certainly ready to throw away our third to go get James, but I also really want that 3rd rounder. But I don't want to make 9 more picks, I'm hoping they are very aggressive and move up in the 2nd and 3rd round.
bonfarr
AG
If Dallas and Earl Thomas can agree to terms on a long term deal we may not have a second round pick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-reportedly-want-cowboys-2018-second-round-pick-as-part-of-any-trade-for-earl-thomas/amp/

WR help may need to come in the 3rd.
gigem1223
If they didn't trade up a few spots to get James, they've gotta have this thing all but done with Seattle and ET I would think,
BassCowboy33
I think it depends on how fast the WRs go. If the position continues to move slowly, don't be surprised if they go OL/DL in the 2nd and 3rd. DaeSean Hamilton would be a heckuva get at WR if he can fall to you in 3 or 4. If there's a run on the position, they may be forced to take one at #50.
BassCowboy33
gigem1223 said:

If they didn't trade up a few spots to get James, they've gotta have this thing all but done with Seattle and ET I would think,

I've heard Dallas also likes Kyzir White from WVU. He will likely be available in the 4th. WIth Seattle, it's all about how much are you willing to give up for one year of Earl Thomas. I'm not sure Dallas can afford to offer him a 3-5 year deal of any substance.
gigem1223
BassCowboy33 said:

gigem1223 said:

I've heard Dallas also likes Kyzir White from WVU. He will likely be available in the 4th. WIth Seattle, it's all about how much are you willing to give up for one year of Earl Thomas. I'm not sure Dallas can afford to offer him a 3-5 year deal of any substance.

I would think they could backload a 3-4 year deal with ET. They're gonna have a ton of cap room in the next few seasons
Ag Natural
AG
I had a feeling a potential ET trade might have been riding on Seattle getting James. I notice he got picked one spot before them and they immediately traded down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.