*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,078 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Curious if Armstrong projects as on OLB or DE.....saw film where he played down and up at times....

seems more like NFL OLB size, etc....

jr15aggie
AG
The quote of the draft is the guy on NFL Network (Rich Eisen) after we drafted the Stanford TE said "he's gonna make a great Monday night football guy in 2033". ROFL, awesome.

But I love the pick. A really solid blocking TE that apparently projects really well in the passing game, they just utilized other guys at Stanford. They said he'll be a better pro than he was college player. About as good as you can get at this point in the draft.

Don't know much about the DE other than he was sorta out of place when they switched to the 3-4 last year. As a 4-3 DE he projects to be a solid player.
jr15aggie
AG
If you look at recent years it's not surprising... But going into this year I was sure the Cowboys would be trading picks and moving up. We had 10 picks, I didn't see us taking them all.

But so far, we've stayed still and took our guy. Interesting.
Street_Cred_Norm
Cowboys just trade a 6th for Tayvon Austin
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
. . .
jr15aggie
AG
No complaint! We need some speed and 6th round picks are a crap shoot. It's a push, we'll see what happens.
bonfarr
AG
I wonder if Beasley is on the roster after preseason. I don't know that we can keep him and Switzer.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
gigem1223
Well one things for sure the WR competition in camp is going to be fun to watch. We essentially have 3 slot WRs now. Don't see how you can keep all 3, unless they have some special packages for them.
BassCowboy33
Might be the end of Cole Beasley.
duck79
AG
Unfortunately with this staff innovation hasn't been a strong trait.
Bobcat06
AG
Austin is a replacement for Lance Dunbar
gigem1223
Getting fatukasi in the 5th would be a big get. Need more DT depth.
Galborathelion
We're really going to use our cap savings from Dez...on Tavon Austin? Not impressed, but it's only for a year so whatever.
Bobcat06
AG
Galborathelion said:

We're really going to use our cap savings from Dez...on Tavon Austin? Not impressed, but it's only for a year so whatever.

It's 1 yr for 7M

Between Dez and Witten, Cowboys have tons of cap space next season
PatAg
AG
bonfarr said:

I wonder if Beasley is on the roster after preseason. I don't know that we can keep him and Switzer.

Austin is a good return man already. Switzer might have to prove himself more than Beasley
PatAg
AG
BassCowboy33
PatAg said:

bonfarr said:

Austin is a good return man already. Switzer might have to prove himself more than Beasley

Switzer is one of if not the best return men in college football history. In his rookie year. He had a return for a touchdown and is being groomed as Cole Beasley's replacement when he leaves next season (or even this season). Years 2&3 are where you typically see receivers "get it" and make that jump. I'd be stunned if he's on the chopping block.
gigem1223
Cowboys view Austin as a running back, Dunbar role. Will not be on roster as a WR according to Rappaport.
BassCowboy33
gigem1223 said:

Cowboys view Austin as a running back, Dunbar role. Will not be on roster as a WR according to Rappaport.

Intriguing. Makes sense though. It'd require the offense to open up in order to utilize his talents.
gigem1223
Fatukasi or White I hope
. . .
Western Kentucky QB Mike White
gigem1223
Love it
Galborathelion
Guess the .0001% chance of Johnny on the Cowboys goes down to .00001% now
gigem1223
Slightly concerned about our DT depth. Really like fatukasi if we can trade up to get him. Any FA DTs still out there?
Cynical_Texan
AG
Jerruh let Spalding run the draft this year.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Galborathelion said:

It's 1 yr for 7M

Between Dez and Witten, Cowboys have tons of cap space next season

It's actually only $3 mill. $4 of the $7 was a roster bonus that he has already been paid. Dallas only on the hook for $3 mill + potentially a $1 mill incentive
jr15aggie
AG
So it sounds like he's our Tyreek Hill.

Eh, why not. We definitely needed another "RB" and we needed speed. Sure, that's fine with me.
PatAg
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

PatAg said:

bonfarr said:

Switzer is one of if not the best return men in college football history. In his rookie year. He had a return for a touchdown and is being groomed as Cole Beasley's replacement when he leaves next season (or even this season). Years 2&3 are where you typically see receivers "get it" and make that jump. I'd be stunned if he's on the chopping block.

Can you provide some stats as "one of the best return man in college history" he was pretty good, but I think you're over stating it
I am definitely interested to see him get more run at WR, he looked much better than I see him getting credit for. He's been mediocre as a return man in the NFL so far, with questionable decision making.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's tied for 4th all time in punts returned for TDs in NCAA history
. . .
WR Cedrick Wilson, Boise State
gigem1223
Zay Henderson in the 7th?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
1. Allen Hurns - 5yrs Miami
2. Terrance Williams - 6yrs BU
3. Cole Beasley - 7yrs SMU
4. Michael Gallup - rookie CSU
5. Deonte Thompson - 6yrs. Florida
6. Ryan Switzer - 1yr UNC
7. Tavon Austin - 5yrs WVU
8. Cedrick Wilson - rookie Boise St.
9. KD Cannon - 1yr. BU
10. Noah Brown - 1yr. tOSU
11. Lance Lenoir - 1 yr. W. Ill.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
gigem1223 said:

Zay Henderson in the 7th?
probably take Poona and have longhorns on both lines. ugh.

bonfarr
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

1. Allen Hurns - 5yrs Miami
2. Terrance Williams - 6yrs BU
3. Cole Beasley - 7yrs SMU
4. Michael Gallup - rookie CSU
5. Deonte Thompson - 6yrs. Florida
6. Ryan Switzer - 1yr UNC
7. Tavon Austin - 5yrs WVU
8. Cedrick Wilson - rookie Boise St.
9. KD Cannon - 1yr. BU
10. Noah Brown - 1yr. tOSU
11. Lance Lenoir - 1 yr. W. Ill.

Out of this list expect 6 on the roster and 3 on the PS.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah but Tavon would stick as a 7th if he also plays RB and returns kicks.

that's the depth chart imho now.... it can change through camp of course. maybe CW is legit?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.