*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,104 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What do you guys think of the backup RB situation?

I think Bo Scarborough could end up being better then smith. Either way, I'll be disappointed if they don't keep Scarborough.
jr15aggie
AG
Looks like Frederick just had a couple stingers. No major issues, just needs a bit of downtime.

Keep hearing Gallop's name. You know who I'm not hearing much about, Hurns. Starting to think the rookie might be our starter with TWill and Beasley at the other two spots.

Also hearing a lot from another rookie Armstrong. All indications are he's gonna be a good one. For whatever reason the talk reminds me of a young Tony Tolbert. I'll take that all day.

After some early worries from certain people, Bailey has been solid. Multiple days with no misses.

Randy Randy Randy. The guy is tearing it up. Beating Tyron Smith and whoever else lines up. He's doing it from the left side and the right side. My patience is up... Put him in this week so we can all see and judge for ourselves.
gigem1223
Nick Foles strained his throwing arm tonight. Eagles may have some qb trouble early.

Skins catch another bad break at RB. Perine came out with an ankle sprain.
TyHolden
AG
gigem1223 said:

Perine came out with an ankle sprain.
damn - I know his dad. Awesome guy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Note to Bill Jones -> "Picking his hole" is a dicey way to describe a RB looking for a space to run.
TMACsDaMan
Crap!!! Zack Martin limped off the field and is in the medical tent
DannyDuberstein
AG
What a snag by Awuzie
Grapesoda2525
TMACsDaMan said:

He's never missed a game college or pro.

I'm not too worried about him.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

TMACsDaMan said:

He's never missed a game college or pro.

I'm not too worried about him.

At the game and Martin did not look good walking off. X Woods was struggling to walk as well. May be time for Earl Thomas?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Woods' injury was hard to figure out. I thought it was a contact injury, but with how he walked off, it almost looked like a hammy.
Mozart Paintings
AG
They said hammy on the broadcast.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Thanks. Looked like the bad hammy walk. Hadn't seen any of the game since right after that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Back to watching. For the love of all that is holy, why is Chaz Green on this team? He makes DE's that will be driving a truck in September look like All Pros.
gigem1223
Chaz Green should be cut immediately. Dude couldn't block my mom.
Mozart Paintings
AG
That did not look good for Showers.
Rossko
AG
I drove bus said:

That did not look good for Showers.
Looked like an LCL
gigem1223
DannyDuberstein said:

Back to watching. For the love of all that is holy, why is Chaz Green on this team? He makes DE's that will be driving a truck in September look like All Pros.

At the game and been watching him every play. He's literally the reason our offense has gone to ***** Absolutely blows my mind he's still on this team, preseason or not.
gigem1223
And Joe Looney hasn't been much better. Been blown up and pushed into the pocket several times.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Nate Newton cites Chaz Green having a confidence problem. No Nate, he has a "he sucks at this" problem. It's like saying Jerry Jones has a "confidence problem" at doing brain surgery.
TMACsDaMan
I'm getting a bad feeling about Martin's knee
jr15aggie
AG
Lots to like about the guys we'll be seeing active on Sundays. These other guys... Yikes.

Looks like Jamiel Showers career is over. He wasn't gonna make the team either way. This might be a benefit getting cut while injured. I think they get a settlement this way.

Really hope Martin is OK. For Woods... I almost wonder if a hamstring pull isn't for the best to get ET here. I think this defense could be special this year if we add that safety we've needed.
gigem1223
jr15aggie said:

Lots to like about the guys we'll be seeing active on Sundays. These other guys... Yikes.

Looks like Jamiel Showers career is over. He wasn't gonna make the team either way. This might be a benefit getting cut while injured. I think they get a settlement this way.

Really hope Martin is OK. For Woods... I almost wonder if a hamstring pull isn't for the best to get ET here. I think this defense could be special this year if we add that safety we've needed.

Agreed. 1st team D still hasn't given up points.
PooDoo
AG
Dak looks sooo much more agile and quick with the weight he cut.

Chaz Green better be gone.

Taco looked good. Jaylon looked good. 1st team D looked great.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jaylon is looking solid. I've been a critic, but it looks like he's coming around. Still hate the strategy, but maybe they finally have a player there. At least thru next year.
Grapesoda2525
PooDoo said:

Dak looks sooo much more agile and quick with the weight he cut.

Chaz Green better be gone.

Taco looked good. Jaylon looked good. 1st team D looked great.
How the hell is he still on the team? Does he have incriminating photos of jerruh?

Chaz green is going to get someone killed and needs to be cut immediately.
PooDoo
AG
He damn near could've got Rush and Conner Williams hurt the same play!
He whiffed on the DE that caused Rush to fumble then the dumb ass threw himself onto the back of Williams legs "trying" to recover the fumble.

I'll tell you what though, if the Bengals cut #12 Erickson, I'd hope the Cowboys sign him in a heartbeat. The kid is slippery.
gomerschlep
AG
I only caught a bit of the game on shift in between calls, but it was damn cool to see Ced and Tra Carson. Ags all over the place.
Ag12thman
AG
gomerschlep said:

I only caught a bit of the game on shift in between calls, but it was damn cool to see Ced and Tra Carson. Ags all over the place.
Trey Williams, too. Dude nearly broke one that he would have taken to the house.
BassCowboy33
DannyDuberstein said:

Nate Newton cites Chaz Green having a confidence problem. No Nate, he has a "he sucks at this" problem. It's like saying Jerry Jones has a "confidence problem" at doing brain surgery.
Nate Newton is really, really bad at his job.
BassCowboy33
I've been unimpressed with Connor Williams to this point. He's been getting manhandled on the inside in pass protection, and struggled on pulls in last night's game -- more of the same from San Francisco. He did have a nice kick-out block on a Smith run late in the first, though. Right now, he looks more like 2017 Connor Williams than 2016 Connor Williams.
Grapesoda2525
BassCowboy33 said:

I've been unimpressed with Connor Williams to this point. He's been getting manhandled on the inside in pass protection, and struggled on pulls in last night's game -- more of the same from San Francisco. He did have a nice kick-out block on a Smith run late in the first, though. Right now, he looks more like 2017 Connor Williams than 2016 Connor Williams.
I think in one of those games he went up against a pro bowler tho. It's way too early to say he sucks.
BassCowboy33
Grapesoda2525 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

I think in one of those games he went up against a pro bowler tho. It's way too early to say he sucks.
He also looked poor against San Francisco. It's early, but the results haven't been good thus far. It's the same problems that plagued him last season in college. As the season goes on, we will hopefully see a progression.
jr15aggie
AG
He's gotten a lot of praise in camp. They all say the same thing... He's good at all the important areas. His biggest drawback is he needs an NFL off-season to bulk up and get stronger.

In short, he'll give us quality starts, but we'll have to live with some rookie stuff too.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He looks small and light to me (obviously for an NFL OL). He was only 296 at the combine, which is a good 15-20lbs lighter than Martin. Needs to ger bigger and stronger, because he's getting tossed around.
expresswrittenconsent
jr15aggie said:

He's gotten a lot of praise in camp. They all say the same thing... He's good at all the important areas. His biggest drawback is he needs an NFL off-season to bulk up and get stronger.

In short, he'll give us quality starts, but we'll have to live with some rookie stuff too.

Is he expected to start?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.