*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,050 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Fish said awhile back that Tyron says his back is 110% and will not be an issue moving forward....we'll see. But GD that man is a freak athlete.
Feel like big guys don't suddenly stop having chronic back problems
agreed.

also, I love Fish but for years he's almost been a mouthpiece for the Jones family. just a step below Spagnola.
gigem1223
Well it's good thing we have some insurance at tackle now with Williams, Collins and Fleming.
txjortsagent
AG
Reading about Irving's offseason pissed me off and then fired me up when I read what Sean Lee said to him.

Can't put a price on leaders like Lee.
PooDoo
AG
Do you have a link? I've been out of the loop.
gigem1223
6 years $84M, $40M guaranteed for Martin. Crazy an OG is making that kind of money.
PooDoo
AG
Is he really the 2nd highest paid OL in the league?

Great player but I don't think any guard is worth that much.
jr15aggie
AG
The NFL is paying guards now.

Thing about Martin, for me, is he's never missed a game (knock on wood).
Ag Natural
AG
There's only one gaurd in the league worth that.
jtstanley4621
AG
I actually don't have an issue with paying Martin his money. Usually the cowboys make dumb mistakes with this kinda stuff. Martin has basically been nothing short of EXCELLENT since day one of stepping into the NFL. Martin is worth whatever he feels he's worth. The offense would be much worse without him.
Daveintx
And just like that, Irving is suspended 4 games.....
DannyDuberstein
AG
All the talent in the world, yet he/'s gonna be an unemployable broke-ass addict before he's 35.

Martin is the talent you resign. Irving isnt.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Daveintx said:

And just like that, Irving is suspended 4 games.....

Wow. Dude is a knucklehead.
Daveintx
mike fisher

Verified account

@fishsports
1m1 minute ago
More
Irving showed up to #Cowboys minicamp so he wouldn't be fined $84K after having NOT shown up to be drug-tested, which now costs him $685K. Good God, son, use The Big Calculator.
jr15aggie
AG
Let him sit... Hope he balls out once he gets back... And then wave goodbye at the end of the season (contract expires).

I guess it's possible we get him back on a one year deal... Can't see any team offering a guy like this a multi year deal. What a dumb ass, sad really.
Southlake
No, cut Irving immediately.

This crap has to stop. Every year it seems the Cowboys have a defensive player suspended. Why do we carrying these guys? Ultimately they cause distractions that lead to loss of focus as a team. With the league being ultra competItive, the Cowboys can't afford this.

And what message do they send to the fans, the league and the teammates? "Oh, it's ok, happens all the time, don't worry about it, we'll keep you on the team and any body else, feel free to take drugs or abuse women, it's all good here..."
ac04
they're not cutting irvin, that's ridiculous
PooDoo
AG
What the hell does Grant Hill's dad doing? Cashing a check and playing golf?
expresswrittenconsent
PooDoo said:

What would you have him doing to prevent this crap? The culture is set by jerrah, not Calvin Hill, and that culture is about having fun, not winning.
bonfarr
AG
Dude missed half the games last year and.finished with 7 sacks, he isn't being released.
PooDoo
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

PooDoo said:

What would you have him doing to prevent this crap? The culture is set by jerrah, not Calvin Hill, and that culture is about having fun, not winning.
I'd expect him to know when his piss is dirty and fill up his bladder with clean urine before the test.
Ag Natural
AG
I'm pretty sure Irving missed a test. Not saying he isn't smoking but he didn't technically test positive either.
jr15aggie
AG
Southlake said:

No, cut Irving immediately.

This crap has to stop. Every year it seems the Cowboys have a defensive player suspended. Why do we carrying these guys?

Um, because D-Law was one of those guys 2 years ago and last year he had 14 1/2 sacks! That's why.
PooDoo
AG
Gil Brandt is saying the next Cowboys to have a Probowl debut will be Chedo.
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

Gil Brandt is saying the next Cowboys to have a Probowl debut will be Chedo.

Very well could be right. I haven't posted specifics because we've all heard about the practice heroes before... But I've read nothing but good things about this guy. He was really good in mini camp.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ac04 said:

they're not cutting irvin, that's ridiculous
couldn't agree more. cutting Irvin would be ridiculous since its been like 2 decades since he's even been on the team.
PooDoo
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
Hmmm.... No knee brace on Jaylon it would appear.

He would obviously be a steal if he somehow returned to his pre-injury form. No idea if that will ever happen though.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hopefully he can improve. He was basically the worst linebacker in football last year. And I don't mean that to be insulting. I say it based on a segment Bob Sturm did awhile back based on an expert that had broken down LB play in the league in detail, including Jaylon's. He was objectively absolutely horrible.
bonfarr
AG
His dropfoot condition is supposedly gone as well, of he sucks again this year it will be from dumbassery and not the knee injury. His problems last season were as much about rust and inexperience as it was the injury IMO.
Ag Natural
AG
Supposedly he graded out pretty well on his first 30 or so snaps a game. Then as he had to play more the performance dropped significantly.
expresswrittenconsent
bonfarr said:

His dropfoot condition is supposedly gone as well, of he sucks again this year it will be from dumbassery and not the knee injury. His problems last season were as much about rust and inexperience as it was the injury IMO.

I thought his problems last year were a complete lack of lateral speed and lacking the ability to quickly change directions. If it was actually rust that caused terrible pursuit angles and not the injury, that would be great
jr15aggie
AG
What I've heard is he had to just guess and go last year. He couldn't change directions fast enough so reading & reacting wasn't always an option. Probably had a lot to do with him, as the poster said above, getting worse as the season went along (teams figured & exposed his limitations).

I'm still very pessimistic about him as a player, I'll believe it when I see it. Love the guy though, really rooting for him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Needs to deliver soon because there are only 2 seasons left on his rookie deal and he becomes a UFA. So even if he improves greatly over the next season or two, the question of "what was the point?" will still remain.
ramblin_ag02
AG
That's why Jerry taking risks on injured or mentally disturbed players in the draft drives me crazy. Value is hard to find in the NFL, and there are only 2 proven sources of value, elite quarterbacks and rooke contracts. Picking someone like Jaylon means you're already wasting a year on his contract, not to mention time the next year to get up to speed. And that's the best case scenario. After that you're paying market value and hoping he can play to his cap number. No matter how good they are it's hard to come out ahead after the rookie deal, and it's really easy to sign a bad contract.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
couldn't agree more

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.