*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,056 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And F that 14-13 game. That was the night the Triplets were inducted into the ROH. I'm sure spoiling that was partly why that **** Snyder was so effing happy.
Grapesoda2525
expresswrittenconsent said:

I hate you for bringing up that 14-13 MNF Santana Moss game.
It happened so long ago that nobody should be offended by bringing it up.

We were talking about safeties and he actually brought up Roy Williams,

I was just pointing why Roy Williams will never be remembered as a great ( or maybe even good) Dallas Cowboys safety.
bonfarr
AG
An agent penned an article on CBS Sports about current holdouts and he says the Seahawks asked for a 1st and a 3rd Rd pick for Thomas during the draft. I am not surprised there were no takers.

He says they will have to lower the asking price now, I wonder if they would take a 2 now that he looks like he is determined to not play for them.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Rossko
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Adj - to move in a slow, heavy, awkward way
Just making a reference to an early viral video since you used the term twice in one post.

jr15aggie
AG
And here we go...

Gregory has not only started practice (working him slowly into drills) but apparently he looks good! They say he still has that burst and quickness that is his God given talent, but he's also added noticeable bulk and power.

I'll give the guy credit for showing up ready to go. Most pros have a hard time with that during 1 off-season. This guy hasn't played significantly in about 2 years. It's impressive.

It already feels like he went from long shot to I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the team.
TJJackson
I think he has a spot already, hence why they've been so slow bringing him back.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Watch Gregory get 15 sacks and go play lights out somewhere else for a big contract next year
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Watch Gregory get 15 sacks and go play lights out somewhere else for a big contract next year
Exactly. Which is partly why I'm weary with drafting these injured or otherwise high risk guys that may need some time to get their **** together. They spend that time on your dime, then as they are getting it together, hello UFA market and prices. That said, I'm not sure of all of the implications that his reefer timeout is having on his contract/service time.
bonfarr
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Did he get credit towards FA status during his suspensions?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Ag Natural
AG
This could be the year all those risky 2nd round picks finally pay off !
ramblin_ag02
AG
No idea. I thought suspensions counted as a year served on contracts in the NFL, but I can't find one way or the other with google
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Señor Chang
AG
This post made me google Gavin Escobar. Apparently he's on the Dolphins now.
bonfarr
AG
It appears only the Browns are interested in Dez and he has come to the realization that if he wants to play that is his only option. The GM told reporters that Dez wasn't returning his calls and Dez finally responded on Twitter.
Grapesoda2525
Does anyone actually watch all of the pre-season games?

I usually just watch the first half of the first game to get my fix ( no football for 9 months)

And most of the 3rd game ( only preseason game teams take somewhat seriously)

4th game is just guys trying to make the team.
98Ag99Grad
AG
same here. can't remember the last time I sat through a whole preseason game.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I usually watch for a drive or two until it starts being mostly backups.

Then I'll just leave it on in the background and check occasionally - unless I have something else to do.

Last week it was on poker night (Thurs) so paid attention for the first O and D series...then kinda tuned out and it was just on while we played.
PooDoo
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I usually just watch the first half of the first game to get my fix ( no football for 9 months)

I usually watch the first half of the first 3 games. In the 3rd game (the "dress rehearsal" where starters play the longest), I may watch the 3rd quarter.

I rarely watch the 4th preseason game at all since it's become habit for teams to not play anyone worth a damn at all. They treat it as a bye week and pretty much just play the future truck drivers.

By the 4th quarter of all of these games, it's pretty much all future truck drivers, and at best, one might make a practice squad. I never watch it.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I only watch the Cowboys during preseason, and then only if it's convenient. I didn't watch the first game this year as it started too late, and it wasn't worth missing sleep. I'll probably try to catch the first half of the next 2 games.
BMX Bandit
When you have Bears/Ravens under 35, you watch the whole thing
DannyDuberstein
AG
Norm?
jtstanley4621
AG
PooDoo said:

Didn't even realize Scandrick was gone, let alone that he was with Washington.
Ag Natural
AG
I watch every minute of the Cowboys preseason. I personally like seeing all the guys fighting for jobs.
jr15aggie
AG
Scandrick: Hey Washington, our thoughts exactly! Guy was a good pro and had/has a good career, but at this point he's a low cost veteran that can help a team lacking CB talent/depth.

Jaylon: Camp hype, camp hype everywhere!

MooreTrucker
AG
Ag Natural said:

I watch every minute of the Cowboys preseason. I personally like seeing all the guys fighting for jobs.
Plus even not-as-good football is better than no football.
Rossko
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I only watch whatever they show on Hard Knocks plus any highlights around the league. I can read a 5-10 min article about the details afterwards if I want more insight on what happened in any game including Dem Boyz.
gigem1223
Oops wrong board
jr15aggie
AG
The whole Gregory deal is really incredible. Can't believe how committed this guy was during his 18 months away from football. The things they say he's already doing in practice... it could make for a really great story one day.

Completely agree, however, with those that say it wasn't worth a 2nd round pick because so far we've gotten nothing from this guy. I'd prefer to read about the feel good story for another team and draft an immediate player. Here's hoping we at least get a situational impact pass rusher this year.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not to **** on the guy's attempt at a recovery, but I'm gonna wait until he can make it a full season without failing a piss test before getting too carried away. Rooting for the guy for sure, and I thought we'd never hear from him again. So this is certainly progress. But my optimism comes with a heavy dose of caution.
jtstanley4621
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Not to **** on the guy's attempt at a recovery, but I'm gonna wait until he can make it a full season without failing a piss test before getting too carried away. Rooting for the guy for sure, and I thought we'd never hear from him again. So this is certainly progress. But my optimism comes with a heavy dose of caution.
Yeah exactly. I'm still not placing much hope or expectations whatsoever on Gregory. Anything he adds at all at this point is a bonus.
PooDoo
AG
Anyone watching Hard Knocks... Looks like we'll be seeing Dez soon.

and wow I can't believe they gave that Baylol WR away so cheap. Wonder if Stephen didn't think he was worth a 2020 7th or if the Browns wanted to punish him by sending him to Buffalo?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dez will be perfect for that complete **** show that is going on in Cle. Feel bad that Myles is stuck there.
Macarthur
Travis Fred being evaluated for injured shoulder. Fingers crossed.
Rossko
AG
PooDoo said:

Anyone watching Hard Knocks... Looks like we'll be seeing Dez soon.

and wow I can't believe they gave that Baylol WR away so cheap. Wonder if Stephen didn't think he was worth a 2020 7th or if the Browns wanted to punish him by sending him to Buffalo?
He's not very good. We've already got too many Baylol WR as it stands now.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm watching the episode now and wouldn't want that guy anywhere near the team. Goes in to the HC office complaining about running 2nd team? Maybe try harder.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.