*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

133,662 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by MASAXET
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The first trailer for the fourth season of the best show on TV premiered tonight with the (incredible) House of the Dragon season one finale.

HBO also finally gave us a release window...

Spring 2023.

I'd put money on the second half of March, depending on how many episodes there are of whatever HBO's big January series is, which has yet to been announced. But I'd say March is all but guaranteed, and I cannot wait...

(will update with an official YouTube embed once HBO makes one available)
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
TCTTS said:

The first trailer for the fourth season of the best show on TV premiered tonight with the (incredible) House of the Dragon season one finale.

HBO also finally gave us a release window...

Spring 2023.

I'd put money on the second half of March, depending on how many episodes there are of whatever HBO's big January series is, which has yet to been announced. But I'd say March is all but guaranteed, and I cannot wait...

(will update with an official YouTube embed once HBO makes one available)

Looking forward to S4, love this show and the intro montage.

Gonna take a guess that the January series will be The Last of Us. This has been getting a lot of love in their sizzle reels, and it's a large enough entertainment franchise to hold that spot imo
-Ben There/R.C.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I'd say the January premiere spot is between either The Last of Us or The Idol, seeing as that's the only other HBO series we have a trailer for at this point. The Idol could very well end up being a Monday night show, though, as opposed to a prime time Sunday night show, so who knows. My only hesitation in thinking it's The Last of Us is that HBO doesn't often premiere their big genre shows in January. They usually save them for summer or fall. That, and I feel like they would have already announced a date to get everyone psyched for a January premiere, and it's been crickets so far. Hopefully we find out soon...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't wait.

TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, with The Last of Us now set to premiere on January 15 (you were right, Ghost of Bisbee), and most sources saying it's 10 episodes, that would place the Succession season four premiere on March 26, with the finale airing (10 episodes later) on May 28, the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.
YNWA_AG
AG
Vince Blake
Just shoot those Tom and Greg exchanges straight into my veins!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
HYPED.
Max Power
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YouTube
91_Aggie
AG
My oldest daughter is living in New York city chasing her Book Editor/publishing dreams and works in a building near Wall Street. She is a big fan of Succession and has been stalking their filming locations.
She took a picture of one scene that is likely a huge spoiler for the show. She's so excited to have this info.
Teddy Perkins
AG
That is heartening. I'm heartened.
MooreTrucker
AG
Are there not threads for the other seasons? A search didn't bring any up. We just started watching, and we're on the fence, and I was curious about what others thought.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Seasons 1 and 2:
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2954110

Season 3:
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3206917

When doing a forum search, it defaults to "posted in the last year" so you have to edit that if you are looking further back in time -- like with a TV show or a movie that came out
MooreTrucker
AG
Oh yeah, duh. Thanks!
Tailgate88
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Are there not threads for the other seasons? A search didn't bring any up. We just started watching, and we're on the fence, and I was curious about what others thought.

Get off the fence. Frickin' awesome show.
TCTTS
AG
Personally, I find that using Google instead of TexAgs' search function is way more effective, just FYI. I basically Google "TexAgs" followed by whatever subject and it's almost always one of the first few hits.

Also, Succession is the gold standard on TV right now, and considered by critics, at least, along with a number of people here, as the best show running. Very few things come close, IMO.
Tailgate88
AG
TCTTS said:

Personally, I find that using Google instead of TexAgs' search function is way more effective, just FYI. I basically Google "TexAgs" followed by whatever subject and it's almost always one of the first few hits.

Also, Succession is basically the gold standard on TV right now, and considered by critics, at least, along with a number of people here, as the best show running. Very few things come close, IMO.
e.g. enter into Google search:

Succession Season 1 One site:TexAgs.com
MooreTrucker
AG
Tailgate88 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Well, we're intrigued and still watching it. But is there ANY character that's not an *******, a dumbass, or both?
Agristotle
AG
Love Succession for several reasons, but for one, the snappy dialogue.

What else out there has great dialogue?
bluefire579
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Tailgate88 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Well, we're intrigued and still watching it. But is there ANY character that's not an *******, a dumbass, or both?
No, but that's part of the charm
Four Seasons Landscaping
In his auto-biography, which was written during the filming of S3, Brian Cox talks about how S3 should be outstanding and that if we get a S4, well, that will be that
GreasenUSA
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

talks about how S3 should be outstanding and that if we get a S4, well, that will be that
definitely sounds like a classic Logan Roy non-answer
Tailgate88
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Four Seasons Landscaping said:

talks about how S3 should be outstanding and that if we get a S4, well, that will be that
definitely sounds like a classic Logan Roy non-answer
Can't be a Logan Roy answer, didn't start with F*** Off!!!!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Succession, just like Veep, has that great quality where damn near every character is a bad person...but you can't stop watching.
Ervin Burrell
AG

edit - nevermind, was beaten to the punch with my advice to just use Google.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Succession, just like Veep, has that great quality where damn near every character is a bad person...but you can't stop watching.
Mad Men comes to mind here as well.
YNWA_AG
AG
cbr
AG
So what makes this show so good?

My wife and I caught 4 or 5 of season 1 and fizzled.

Does it get better or is it just not for us you think?
YNWA_AG
AG
cbr said:

I think those are the worst episodes of the show
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You jumped ship right before it right takes off, imo. (Episode 6.)

That's the episode that grabbed me and I never looked back. And it's only gotten better each season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotta respect the decision to go out on top.

But, damn. This sucks.
BowSowy
AG
cbr said:

I don't think it's for you. But that's mostly to make the season 4 thread more bearable.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
veryfuller said:

Seasons 1 and 2:
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2954110

Season 3:
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3206917

When doing a forum search, it defaults to "posted in the last year" so you have to edit that if you are looking further back in time -- like with a TV show or a movie that came out

Why does your post not show up in green?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Only a select few staff members get the green posts. The rest of us just have the staff badge.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.