*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,932 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Bones08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also Shiv may be a bumbling idiot at times but look around the room. In my opinion they are all bumbling idiots with just varying degrees of experience at being bumbling idiots.
Bregxit
AG
PatAg said:

Bregxit said:

TCTTS said:

And just to be clear, in case of shenanigans, I'm saying Shiv does not have a miscarriage due to her falling down the steps in *this* episode. I'm not ruling out her potentially having a miscarriage later in the season, due to a different accident, or due to natural causes, after Tom learns that she's pregnant, or news of the pregnancy has been able to have more of an impact on the plot, her arc, etc.
Ehhh, I'm saying she has a miscarriage. Yea or nay. No qualifiers.
That's not what you were saying at all

Oh?

Quote:

Grrrr alright dammit. $100 bet to charity of choice to any one taker. Shiv has a miscarriage.

It is literally what I said. I doubt she would miscarry and then someone says "oh it is because you fell down the steps".
cone
AG
Quote:

It gets kind of annoying her feeling slighted when she would be horrible at the job.
to be fair, all of the kids are completely incompetent

that's why the winddown is both anti-climactic and interesting to me. the only capable Roy is dead. now the idiots get to crash land the plane.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Also I feel for Shiv in that she's been the only one who was ever actually told by Logan that she'd be the CEO.

Logan told Kendall he was going to be CEO. In season 1 they were literally about to announce it publicly and then Logan backtracked at the last minute.
Rudyjax
AG
None of the "executives" impress me very much.
StringerBell
AG
it's amazing to me that this show started off by portraying logan as out of touch and (at least to me) that his kids would be better positioned to run the company but over time they've slowly unleashed every flaw that the kids have rendering them to basically be morons who were born on third but think they hit a triple...only for us to realize that only logan roy could be logan roy.

great ****ing episode

count me in as someone who thinks shiv's not gonna have a miscarriage.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Also I feel for Shiv in that she's been the only one who was ever actually told by Logan that she'd be the CEO.

Logan told Kendall he was going to be CEO. In season 1 they were literally about to announce it publicly and then Logan backtracked at the last minute.

Ah. Been a while since I've seen S1.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait, are you sure about that? From what I can remember, we start the show with Kendall basically believing he's the de facto heir, but was never explicitly made so by Logan.

And then before Kendall can declare himself the CEO officially, Logan recovers and announces he's not stepping down.
StringerBell
AG
i dont believe logan explicitly ever states that it's going to go to kendall. i think logan is planning on stepping down and the #2 is kendall, so everyone assumes that kendall will take over.
tk for tu juan
Was the original letter in the vault naming Kendall as CEO from season 1 and then it was updated throughout the following years as Logan ruled people out?
PatAg
AG
Bregxit said:

PatAg said:

Bregxit said:

TCTTS said:

And just to be clear, in case of shenanigans, I'm saying Shiv does not have a miscarriage due to her falling down the steps in *this* episode. I'm not ruling out her potentially having a miscarriage later in the season, due to a different accident, or due to natural causes, after Tom learns that she's pregnant, or news of the pregnancy has been able to have more of an impact on the plot, her arc, etc.
Ehhh, I'm saying she has a miscarriage. Yea or nay. No qualifiers.
That's not what you were saying at all

Oh?

Quote:

Grrrr alright dammit. $100 bet to charity of choice to any one taker. Shiv has a miscarriage.

It is literally what I said. I doubt she would miscarry and then someone says "oh it is because you fell down the steps".
Oh?
Quote:

She will 100% miscarry. Pregnant woman falling down stairs is one of the biggest TV tropes of all time. The conversation with her doc when she asked if she had any spotting or bleeding just screams something is going to happen. Shiv is about to lose it all. Her part of running things. Her baby. Her husband. Or maybe it all brings her and Tom back together since he is getting frozen out as well.
This is the context to what you 'literally said".
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wait, are you sure about that? From what I can remember, we start the show with Kendall basically believing he's the de facto heir, but was never explicitly made so by Logan.

And then before Kendall can declare himself the CEO officially, Logan recovers and announces he's not stepping down.
I think you have it right, he more led Kendall to believe he was going to be next up. Which he has kind of done with all 3 of the siblings (not Connor of course)
CFTXAG10
AG
I loved the short convo about "Greg?" being in the will and what the ? meant
The Milkman
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

PatAg said:

WES2006AG said:

That takedown of Tom was epic. Love seeing Tom and Greg squirming now the they see how tenuous their position has always been.
So many different things were happening within this episode, and different characters having some of their best moments (Karl anyone?), glad you brought this up. Hard to imagine the position they find themselves in after essentially hitching their wagon to Logan. That moment where Karl and team just tell Tom how it really is, in an incredibly blunt way...brutal
This man just wants to get paid and live on a private island. Most relatable character on the show.
And to get a sandwich.

Max Power
AG
I loved the scene with Frank, Gerri, and Karl after Frank found the note. Having a conversation about what might happen with the letter and ultimately none of them wanting the anyone else in their group to take control. I think the consensus had to have been that the letter makes everything more fun. No one knows when it was written or what Logan's wishes actually are. Watching the kids implode is more entertaining, plus it's probably difficult for both the chief legal officer and executor to get out clean with that letter in existence.

Part of me wonders if the kids will rethink the deal with Madsen, not on price, but on whether they want it to happen. Pierce was Logan's white whale, Waystar is the kids' white whale, they wanted their dad's company the entire time, if he's gone why sell the company to acquire Pierce?

Karl's put down of Tom was straight up incredible:
"The negative case would go: You're a clumsy interloper and no one trusts you. The only guy pulling for you is dead, and now you're just married to the ex-boss' daughter, and she doesn't even like you. And you are fair and squarely f----d."
bonfarr
AG
Bregxit said:

TCTTS said:

We did not know that Shiv was pregnant. Big surprise. Considering the doctor said she's 20 months, and the end of season three took place roughly three months ago, yeah, one would assume that it's Tom's, having done the deed before he shivved Shiv.
She also fell down the stairs this episode. I guarantee she loses the baby now.

The actress is pregnant IRL so I'm sure they had to write it into the storyline so I would be shocked if she lost the baby.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bonfarr
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Another amazing episode. Everyone turning on everyone before the body even gets cold.

The will stuff was slightly hard to follow / comprehend from a legal standpoint, but I'm sure this thread will provide some clarity. I actually thought near the end of the episode that maybe it didn't matter anymore, and then Kendall was staring at the picture on his phone. Could be material, or could just be a great way to show that even in death Logan is just making Kendall doubt himself.

I took the staring at the phone was him looking at his name written down by his father and trying to decide if it was underlined or crossed out and the meaning. His father was larger than life and Kendall's life was spent trying to measure up to what his father wanted him to be. The underlined or crossed out question on his name was symbolic of that lifelong struggle, did his father approve of him or consider him a disappointment?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm doing a rewatch now (am almost done with season 1). I could still be wrong but in the first couple episodes it's pretty obvious that Kendall was going to be taking over when Logan stepped down. Even the conversations between Logan and Kendall made it seem like that was the plan that everyone had agreed to (before Logan backtracked).

I don't think we ever see Logan tell Kendall on screen, but the context clues all seemed to point to the fact that Logan told Kendall he would be taking over. And even the kids and others in the company knew about it I think. For example, once Logan went ill, I remember Roman saying something along the lines of "the only thing we know for sure is that dad did not want you running the company." He said that because Kendall was in line to run it and then Logan backtracked and decided to remain on.

Kendall's ex wife also talked about it with him and told him she was sorry, etc.

Now I want to go back and watch that episode again lol. But doubt I will.
Captain Winky
Logan and Kendall have an entire conversation where Logan says now is not the time for him to step down and says it won't be for another 5-10 years if not longer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In any case, Shiv was for sure told on screen, so I always sympathized when Logan dangled that in front of her only to walk it back almost immediately as soon as they go visit the Pierces.

Probably would've happened if she hadn't opened her mouth when they kept pushing to get a CEO named, but then again maybe Logan was toying with her like he did with all his kids.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And it definitely felt like Roman was the closest to the spot in the past 2 seasons, so it really felt like all three had somewhat of a "claim". Even if Kendall's was just an undated piece of paper.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Captain Winky said:

Logan and Kendall have an entire conversation where Logan says now is not the time for him to step down and says it won't be for another 5-10 years if not longer.

Correct. I'm just saying that when he was initially planning to step down (before deciding to stay on for another 5-10 years), the plan was for Kendall to take over when he stepped down. So he had at some point told Kendall he would be the next CEO. but he lost confidence in kendall (maybe bc of how he looked weak with vaulter?) and decided to stay on. And then he got ill.

At least that's how I remember it.
Tobias Funke
AG
I think this is the clip you all are looking for

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was thinking of this when I posted about screwing Shiv over.
Tobias Funke
AG
I may have gotten my girlfriend a "Daddy's #1 Candy Baby" hat for Christmas last year.

bonfarr
AG
I thought for sure we were headed for another Roy scandal when Jerry was getting fired and she was going to bring up sexual harassment with the Roman deek picks and demands for phone sec, etc.
Joan Wilder
AG
Marcia's line: "we're calling Kerry a taxi to the subway so that she can go home to her little apartment" was just an epic power play. Wow.

Also it looked to me that Marcia clocked Shiv's pregnancy. She glanced ever so quickly at her belly as Shiv came down the stairs, buttoning her blazer.
Prosperdick
AG
Clarke95 said:

Marcia's line: "we're calling Kerry a taxi to the subway so that she can go home to her little apartment" was just an epic power play. Wow.

Also it looked to me that Marcia clocked Shiv's pregnancy. She glanced ever so quickly at her belly as Shiv came down the stairs, buttoning her blazer.
You could almost say she took Kerry apart like a human string cheese.
JDUB08AG
AG
I loved the Kerry takedown. I couldn't STAND her.
MaroonStain
AG
Yep. Another good episode.

Tom struggling and getting rebuked 14 times
Karl mushroom stamp on Tom
Greg flopping but good play by play during Kari meltdown
Shiv's rant after stair fall..."STOP SMILING" at the invalid
Underlined or crossed out?
Marcia out of the blue
Stephen Root
Setup for next episode at Europe retreat
On and on

I am going to watch again.
rynning
AG
Definitely underlined.
MaroonStain
AG
Sure as ****ing **** doesn't say Shiv
LawHall88
AG
MaroonStain said:

Yep. Another good episode.

Tom struggling and getting rebuked 14 times
Karl mushroom stamp on Tom
Greg flopping but good play by play during Kari meltdown
Shiv's rant after stair fall..."STOP SMILING" at the invalid
Underlined or crossed out?
Marcia out of the blue
Stephen Root
Setup for next episode at Europe retreat
On and on

I am going to watch again.

I may be in the minority here, but I think Tom played Roman like a fiddle. Tom planted a seed, Roman rebuked him, but that seed blossomed later and created discord between the siblings.
MaroonStain
AG
I think Tom is a banana.
aglaohfour
AG
Clarke95 said:

That whole scene was the best in the episode for me, can't believe you were the first to mention it. Just savage. Nice to see at least one of these vile people get a little bit of justice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.