*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,846 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I know is there's gotta be a lot of plane landing in one episode.
Proposition Joe
boy09 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Did anyone else feel like it was somewhat showcasing how none of the children had what it took to be "the one" when none of them stopped Ewan from speaking (and instead hoped cousin Greg would do it)?
Isn't that kinda what the whole show is about?

Yes, but I was more asking if anyone felt that scene was showcasing that -- or if interrupting Ewan was something that wouldn't have been expected of anyone?
TCTTS
AG
Willy Wonka said:

I've seen this sentiment a few times now and I just don't get where it's coming from. This isn't really the type of show to wrap up every last storyline with a nice little bow, but I honestly only see there being one storyline left, which is who comes out on top in the deal, and that seams fairly easy to resolve in a 90-minute finale. To the point where I'm almost wondering what else they're going to fill the runtime with. Am I missing something? What else is left to show or do?
Quinn
AG
TCTTS said:

Willy Wonka said:

I've seen this sentiment a few times now and I just don't get where it's coming from. This isn't really the type of show to wrap up every last storyline with a nice little bow, but I honestly only see there being one storyline left, which is who comes out on top in the deal, and that seams fairly easy to resolve in a 90-minute finale. To the point where I'm almost wondering what else they're going to fill the runtime with. Am I missing something? What else is left to show or do?
I mostly agree. I think we need to see Tom's landing spot as well, and probably some kind of hint towards his and Shiv's future with the baby (don't think they'll be together, but whether he's wanting to be involved or not). Getting some kind of completion of Greg's journey would be nice as well. I do think the vast majority of the time will be spent on the Board meeting and the deal. I don't think that there will be any time of big time jump forward, either.
Old Buffalo
AG
Tom landing on the sidewalk 20 stories below.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
TCTTS
AG
To me, all of that is simply a byproduct of what happens with the deal, thus will naturally be shown. But yeah, I agree that all of it is "necessary" in terms of wrapping everything up.
Sex Panther
AG
Tom is CEO

Kendall jumps
HtownAg92
AG
TCTTS said:

Willy Wonka said:

Should be a fairly significant battle. Hugo and Ken are going after Shiv, and she'll have to play the dead waiter card in response. Why else show the fixer?

Roman's resolution will come through Gerri. She was sympathetic for him when the boys were playing the video.

Board bros will have a last hurrah.

Tom and Shiv will have some sort of resolution.

Then there is Greg.
TCTTS
AG
Right. But none of that should have any issue whatsoever fitting into a 90-minute finale. Aka the length of an entire movie.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think we should be prepared for it to end like a typical season finale and not a series finale, because whatever happens with the deal, whoever feels screwed is going to immediately start plotting a new plan, because that is who these people are.

Each season has ended like that, and so will this one. I think the point is these people are destined to work out their power hungry existence over and over and over again. They are addicted to it, and haven't been able to change and grow past it at this point, which is honestly why they probably SHOULD be ending the show. The characters have evolved as much as they can without this becoming some type of show its not (either a veep-like full caricature of who they are OR a redemption story, make things right, kind of thing).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Willy Wonka said:

Greg suing Greenpeace.
dallasiteinsa02
After watching for the second time, I am throwing out a theory that I really hope isn't true. Logan isn't dead. He faked his death and Tom is the only one that knows. It was a final test to see how everyone handles it. He steps back in for his review and lays down the hammer on all his children.

Texags melts down.
HtownAg92
AG
TCTTS said:

Right. But none of that should have any issue whatsoever fitting into a 90-minute finale. Aka the length of an entire movie.
These are the things that do not need to be rushed.
TCTTS
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

After watching for the second time, I am throwing out a theory that I really hope isn't true. Logan isn't dead. He faked his death and Tom is the only one that knows. It was a final test to see how everyone handles it. He steps back in for his review and lays down the hammer on all his children.

Texags melts down.

Honestly? I wouldn't hate it.
CFTXAG10
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Texags melts down.
I jokingly told my wife this during the funeral. He is gonna bust out of nowhere and take back control.
Rudyjax
AG
TCTTS said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

Texags melts down.

Honestly? I wouldn't hate it.
And Connor is in on it and took a pic of Logan pretending to be dead and sent it to Roman?
WES2006AG
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Texags melts down.
And the Supreme Court names Connor President
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Willy Wonka said:

i have no doubt they can wrap up the "who comes out on top in the deal" story in a 90-minute run time.

to me, the more limiting factor is if that 90-minute finale is also just one day like the rest of the episodes this season. considering we don't even know if the Board is going to recommend or reject the GoJo deal, seems like there's too much left for one day.
jackie childs
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Texags melts down.
or....they go the Dallas route and Logan never came out of his coma from episode 1 and this has all been in his head
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

Willy Wonka said:

i have no doubt they can wrap up the "who comes out on top in the deal" story in a 90-minute run time.

to me, the more limiting factor is if that 90-minute finale is also just one day like the rest of the episodes this season. considering we don't even know if the Board is going to recommend or reject the GoJo deal, seems like there's too much left for one day.

I assume you haven't watched the trailer for the finale, but it definitely seems to take place over more than one day. Shiv, for one, is seen relaxing on the coast somewhere, as the sun is beginning to set, but is then shown in New York at some point (later?) in broad daylight. It basically looks as if the cast is somewhat scattered in various locations to begin the episode, then, perhaps the next day, everyone meets in New York for the big showdown.

Also, personally, I don't need to *see* everyone living their eventual fate, I just want to know what their fates will be, which can all be settled throughout, and at the end of, the haggling of the deal. In other words, if the finale ends the same day the deal is done, as long as we know where everyone is going to land, that's all I need. I don't need any kind of Mad Men / Six Feet Under-esque final wrap-up montage actually showing everyone in their final landing spots.

jackie childs
ah, gotcha...no, i don't watch the previews for the next episode.

that said, i'm very relieved that it's not all in one day
bonfarr
AG
Are we sure Mencken is going to be the President?

I can see the finale having the lawsuits and recounts and absentee ballots changing the outcome of the election and Mencken brokering an agreement falls through.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
TCTTS
AG
That's a good point.
StringerBell
AG
I suppose it's plausible that they all lose. Mencken loses gojo deal goes through the Swede dicks over shiv the boys have nothing left Tom gets fired in disgrace for trying to swing the election and Greg goes back to wearing an animal suit at the parks
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Lol really? It doesn't take long for everyone to crash and burn in the finale. Not that much plane landing needed for what has been one of the greatest TV shows of all time
-Ben There/R.C.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Willy Wonka said:

I haven't read the rest of the replies to you, but my thought is there's going to be the first probably third of the episode being a sort of continuation of misleading Shiv into thinking she has power, and also misleading Kendall into thinking he's going to win.
Then at that point we will find out who's actually going to be the American CEO or who "wins"
Then maybe some immediate fall out of that for the main characters.

JYDog90
AG
TCTTS said:

Willy Wonka said:

The reason I say there's a lot that has to happen is because I don't see the series ending without some tragic gotchas and humiliation. I just think that should take some time.
cone
AG
I'm rooting for a happy ending where Logan comes back from the dead.
Prosperdick
AG
Kendall or Roman...but one of them:
deer corn
Proposition Joe said:

Did anyone else feel like it was somewhat showcasing how none of the children had what it took to be "the one" when none of them stopped Ewan from speaking (and instead hoped cousin Greg would do it)?

I'm not sure it wouldn't have made an even bigger scene had they tried to stop him, but at the same time that felt like a situation where someone was openly disparaging their father at his own funeral and not one of them had the backbone to stand up and put a stop to it.

This has been needled into our sides for the show's duration. They all treat Greg like trash, have no sincere caring for family, and no loyalty.

Yet they expect Greg to do so and just spit in his face over and over.
tk for tu juan
This kid will comeback to be CEO and nut kick Roman

BowSowy
AG
bonfarr said:

Are we sure Mencken is going to be the President?

I can see the finale having the lawsuits and recounts and absentee ballots changing the outcome of the election and Mencken brokering an agreement falls through.
That would definitely be an interesting way for the finale to go. But at this point we know that Mencken won't kill the deal and Jimenez won't either, so I don't see why they'd spend more time on the election with much bigger plot lines to wrap up. Besides, if Mencken ends up losing, that ultimately looks bad for Ken and Roman and would lean even harder into the board voting against them.

I'm curious if the dubious GoJo numbers are going to truly play into this, or if they effectively wrote that one away with the Friday news dump. It feels like the sale is ultimately going to go through and the biggest question remaining is who will be the American CEO.
Rudyjax
AG
TCTTS said:

jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

Willy Wonka said:

I assume you haven't watched the trailer for the finale, but it definitely seems to take place over more than one day. Shiv, for one, is seen relaxing on the coast somewhere, as the sun is beginning to set, but is then shown in New York at some point (later?) in broad daylight. It basically looks as if the cast is somewhat scattered in various locations to begin the episode, then, perhaps the next day, everyone meets in New York for the big showdown.

Also, personally, I don't need to *see* everyone living their eventual fate, I just want to know what their fates will be, which can all be settled throughout, and at the end of, the haggling of the deal. In other words, if the finale ends the same day the deal is done, as long as we know where everyone is going to land, that's all I need. I don't need any kind of Mad Men / Six Feet Under-esque final wrap-up montage actually showing everyone in their final landing spots.

They've already had an episode take place more than 1 day.
TCTTS
AG
Speaking of the GoJo numbers, what other potential "secrets" are out there haunting the proceedings/looming in the background, that could pop up and screw over any number of characters? Off the top of my head, some of these more damaging than others…

- The GoJo numbers
- Kendall killing the waiter
- Roman dick pics
- Shiv pregnancy (though that's basically known now)
- Kerry pregnant with Logan's baby?
- Marcia board seat?

What else?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.