*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,800 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had the same experience rewatching the last two episodes of season three. Without all the in-the-moment guessing games and anticipation, everything plays even better a second time around. I was able to watch with a clearer head and it's all just perfectly written/executed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Logan going piss mad at the shareholder meeting might be peak Succession.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Quinn
AG
Quinn
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
bonfarr said:

I finally started this show two weeks ago and my wife and I love it. We are halfway through season 3 and will finish just in time for the premiere of 4.

So many good moments in this series with my favorites typically involving Tom and Greg. Great characters on this show, we were squealing in laughter when perverted Roman was getting off to Jerry's humiliation talk.

Well, get ready for the cringiest perv-Roman moment imaginable. I just rewatched the season and forgot how horrible it is
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Succession characters were Friends characters...

Kendall as Ross and Roman as Chandler are perfect.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Roman doing the babble voice after anything Shiv says will never not be hilarious to me.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Poor Ken...
CFTXAG10
AG
Solid work there by The Ringer staff
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Three episodes left to go in my S3 rewatch.

I think the final 3 are so good that I might just watch them straight through tonight.
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Three episodes left to go in my S3 rewatch.

I think the final 3 are so good that I might just watch them straight through tonight.
i had so much fun with my S3 rewatch, i decided to go back to S1. that will help pass the time each week
InternetFan02
AG
Watched Too Much Birthday for probably the 4th time and this time really focused on everything going on in the background and doing many 15 second rewinds to catch stuff I missed.

It's becoming more clear that to me this show is an amazing combination of Mad Men, Game of Thrones and Veep. Those 3 shows tailed off at the end and I wonder if they would have a better legacy if they ended 2-3 seasons earlier. I really hope the abrupt ending here is more creative influenced than financial influenced because this may be taking the mantle as my favorite show of all time. I'll probably be rewatching from season 1 throughout multi-rewatches of season 4 along with all the podcasts I can find. Succession season!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean it's not news, but the final scene in "All The Bells Say" is an absolute masterpiece. The acting in that scene is unbeatable. That might be the best scene in the show.

Shiv finally realizing the complete betrayal by Tom. Roman's helpless look to Gerri for help. Logan just verbally and emotionally destroying his children to the end.
TCTTS
AG
MBAR
AG
Doing a rewatch of season 1 to kill time and at the end of the New Mexico episode Logan's back shows scars from lashes. Honestly explains a lot about him. Just felt this might be the only scene in the show that humanizes Logan at all. Didn't remember it at all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm pretty sure Roman was either molested by Mo or beaten by Logan as a kid, too. Would explain why he's so broken when it comes to sex and intimacy.
boogieman
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean it's not news, but the final scene in "All The Bells Say" is an absolute masterpiece. The acting in that scene is unbeatable. That might be the best scene in the show.

Shiv finally realizing the complete betrayal by Tom. Roman's helpless look to Gerri for help. Logan just verbally and emotionally destroying his children to the end.

Agreed.
Re-Watched the episode earlier this week in anticipation for the new season. Fantastic all around. Shiv puts on a great face when she realizes it was Tom.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Not sure why they added "hate the ending" in their tweet
TCTTS
AG
Because it sounds like at least a couple of the actors feel like the ending doesn't feel like THE ending? But maybe that's what will set this one apart and make it a great finale, who knows. Regardless, I just find it interesting that the cast is basically like, "We're not sure how we feel about this," when the press junkets for these kinds of farewell seasons usually feel very well-rehearsed and feature a bunch of cast members/filmmakers saying things like, "Of course I'll miss it but it was time," "Knowing this was it, we were able to cherish one last season together," etc.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Karl with the "butter my beanpole".
Four Seasons Landscaping
Couldn't stop noticing how it was supposed to be pitch black in New York but still mid afternoon in CA. Was I just way off on the time zone differences?
Rudyjax
AG
We counted the curse words.
99 total.
76 ****s
23 other.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was a hell of a start.

I am SO in for a season of the siblings vs Logan/Tom.

Also the "roast" scene was great. That short little back and forth with Greg and Logan made me laugh out loud.
The Milkman
AG
I assumed it was like 7 in NY and 4 in LA
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same. Plus consider NYC is in the northeast and LA in the southwest. The days are shorter up north in the winter.
CFTXAG10
AG
The birthday call/text convo had me rolling

"We said if you got our dads di** out of your mouth"

"Text is no good, we are gonna need to hear that voice"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.