*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,984 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Greg's commentary to Marcia during the whole thing had me cracking up tooโ€ฆ

TCTTS
AG
Also, one of the most underrated arcs of the series has been Roman going from (and remaining) the biggest sh*t-talker on the show, to *also* somehow becoming the most empathetic of the bunch. He'll cut anyone and everyone down to size, but then every so often show these glimpses of heartbreak and empathy, which makes him that much more rich and complex as a character. It really is incredible.
mazzag
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I loved the Kerry takedown. I couldn't STAND her.

Awe I felt sad for Kerry. Roman did as well. Marcia was not a part of her husband's last year like Kerry was. Kerry was more of a "wife" to him!
rynning
AG
"We were talking about getting married. Can you check?!"

So was Logan having intimate talks with Marcia every night or was Logan talking to Kerry about getting married? Or neither? Or both?
TCTTS
AG
Marcia was lying. Kerry might have been too, but I tend to believe her in that instance. Basically, in the fallout, everyone last night was groveling and attempting to position themselves as best they possibly could, Marcia included.
Tobias Funke
AG
Yeah last night I commented "at this point Roman is the only one in the cast with any semblance of heart". You can tell he's sort of halfway trying to the right thing.

He also has the most amazing messed up intimacy issues imaginable. I laughed so hard at his attempt to hug Conner right after they told him dad was dead. He basically folded in half and hugged Conner's forearm
PatAg
AG
Makes you wonder if any more might come out of the Kerry storyline
TCTTS
AG
I just listened to this week's The Prestige TV Podcast and Joanna, one of the hosts, has a great theory...

- In episode one of this season Connor says that the election is "ten days out."

- We've now had confirmation from two different cast members that this season is ten episodes told across ten consecutive days, which would mean that the finale will coincide with/cover election night.

- Shiv hitting rock bottom in this episode, so early in the season, potentially means a "rise" of some sort over the next six episodes.

- Before fully committing to The Hundred, the seed was briefly planted in episode one this season that Shiv was having talks with Jimenez, the Democratic candidate, and his team, to consult.

- With Kendall and Roman obviously backing Mencken, the Republican candidate, Shiv will almost assuredly return to her roots (of backing/working for Gil Eavis, the Bernie Sanders-esque candidate from few years go), and go to work for Jimenez, thus squaring off against her brothers for literal world domination.

- Caught in the middle? Connor, whose 1% as a candidate could very will rise, based on a sympathy vote in the wake of Logan's death, just enough to potentially sway the election to one side or the other.

Honestly, at this point, I don't see how any of this doesn't come to fruition, and I couldn't imagine a better, juicier, more stakes-heavy finale.
Ervin Burrell
AG
I'd like to toot my own horn and say that I predicted Shiv would be preggo in season 4 right after the season 3 finale. If memory serves, in that last shot of Tom approaching Shiv from behind, she grabs her stomach the way pregnant women will and it really stood out to me.
Engine10
AG
Marcia just casually slangin $60 mil of real estate before the body is even cold. That's some gangster ****
aglaohfour
AG
mazzag said:

JDUB08AG said:

Awe I felt sad for Kerry. Roman did as well. Marcia was not a part of her husband's last year like Kerry was. Kerry was more of a "wife" to him!

Lmao. What? Sorry, you don't get to **** a married man (and if memory serves, their affair started before and was the implied cause of Marcia's absence/separation) and then expect to be treated as his wife when he dies. That's not how it works. The fact that she would even have the balls to set foot in the house is astonishing to me.
bonfarr
AG
aglaohfour said:

mazzag said:

JDUB08AG said:

Lmao. What? Sorry, you don't get to **** a married man (and if memory serves, their affair started before and was the implied cause of Marcia's absence/separation) and then expect to be treated as his wife when he dies. That's not how it works. The fact that she would even have the balls to set foot in the house is astonishing to me.

No kidding, why feel sympathy for a Gold Digger? The only thing she was upset about was missing out on the Pot of Gold she had been banking on.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LawHall88 said:

MaroonStain said:

Yep. Another good episode.

Tom struggling and getting rebuked 14 times
Karl mushroom stamp on Tom
Greg flopping but good play by play during Kari meltdown
Shiv's rant after stair fall..."STOP SMILING" at the invalid
Underlined or crossed out?
Marcia out of the blue
Stephen Root
Setup for next episode at Europe retreat
On and on

I am going to watch again.

I may be in the minority here, but I think Tom played Roman like a fiddle. Tom planted a seed, Roman rebuked him, but that seed blossomed later and created discord between the siblings.

How so?
PatAg
AG
bonfarr said:

aglaohfour said:

mazzag said:

JDUB08AG said:

No kidding, why feel sympathy for a Gold Digger? The only thing she was upset about was missing out on the Pot of Gold she had been banking on.
Isn't Marcia also a gold digger?
FancyKetchup14
AG
Hugo has gotta be the most pencil-necked person on tv right now outside of Mr. Mackey from South Park.
JYDog90
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Hugo has gotta be the most pencil-necked person on tv right now outside of Mr. Mackey from South Park.

It's funny that you should mention that. As I was watching every scene of Hugo, I couldn't get past the fact that he's got the tiniest neck that over ever seen.
JDUB08AG
AG
Willy Wonka said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

It's funny that you should mention that. As I was watching every scene of Hugo, I couldn't get past the fact that he's got the tiniest neck that over ever seen.

He legit looks like ET
StringerBell
AG
Aren't they all kinda gold diggers?
bonfarr
AG
PatAg said:

bonfarr said:

aglaohfour said:

mazzag said:

JDUB08AG said:

Isn't Marcia also a gold digger?

Yes so I don't pity her when Logan pushed her away for the younger woman either
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bonfarr
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

But he dated Michelle Pfeiffer for several years when she was in her prime though.
Proposition Joe
You guys better watch yourselves talking about The Plague like that.
Seabreeze
So what is was the deal with Hugo? He get busted with some D**k pics or something?
Proposition Joe
Seabreeze said:

So what is was the deal with Hugo? He get busted with some D**k pics or something?

In the beginning of the episode Kendall overhears him talking to someone on the phone about being ****ed with a strap-on (not in a literal sense).

We find out later when he talks to Kendall privately that his (daughter?) got wind of Logan's death (through Hugo, apparently by accident) and sold a bunch of Waystar stock. Hugo was trying to get out in front of it with Kendall and now Kendall using it as leverage.

IMO a bit of weak writing to introduce something like that at episode beginning and then immediately use it as a leverage point at episode end.
LawHall88
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Seabreeze said:

In the beginning of the episode Kendall overhears him talking to someone on the phone about being ****ed with a strap-on (not in a literal sense).

We find out later when he talks to Kendall privately that his (daughter?) got wind of Logan's death (through Hugo, apparently by accident) and sold a bunch of Waystar stock. Hugo was trying to get out in front of it with Kendall and now Kendall using it as leverage.

IMO a bit of weak writing to introduce something like that at episode beginning and then immediately use it as a leverage point at episode end.

Yep, it's a Martha Stewart situation.
jackie childs
another great episode...damn i'm going to miss this show.

also, shout out to the poster (Ervin Burrell) who clocked Shiv being pregnant last season: https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3206917/replies/61456818

i remember reading that post last year and just thinking how devastating that would be after her conversation with her mom
rynning
AG
So when the gang went into the side room (to look at the China?), Karolina got a text message and the camera followed her out the door. What was that about? Did I miss something?
Seabreeze
Ahh somehow i missed all that in my rushed attempt to watch last night.
BowSowy
AG
She grabbed Frank, and next time we saw Frank was when he had the document with Ken's name. I assume that's what Karolina was texted about? Although I'm not exactly sure why she'd be the person first contacted for that.
Prosperdick
AG
bonfarr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

But he dated Michelle Pfeiffer for several years when she was in her prime though.

That's the look of a dude who outkicked his coverage like Ray ****ing Guy.
cone
AG
don't talk be talking **** on Fisher Stevens
The Milkman
AG
Apparently his thin neck is a result of hodgins lymphoma earlier in life. Though his look isn't nearly as distracting as this mug:

Bregxit
AG
Prosperdick said:

bonfarr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

PatAg
AG
Prosperdick said:

bonfarr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

That's "The Plague" you are talking about in that picture
Robert C. Christian
AG
PatAg said:

Prosperdick said:

bonfarr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

That's "The Plague" you are talking about in that picture

There is no right or wrong, only fun and boring.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.