*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,973 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Tobias Funke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FALSE FLAG
91_Aggie
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Really wish folks could get banned for posting/screenshotting board posting tendencies of others. So obnoxious and lazy.

It is good to know when you are dealing with an F16 loony so you can stop typing up a rational response to them and realize "you can't reason with crazy"
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

Ken keeps saying that a Right Wing kid pushed/hit his kid. This is wrong. It was a Leftist that "attacked" his kid b/c Ken works for a conservative news agency.

This might be one of the funniest arguments I've seen on this board
Rudyjax
AG
91_Aggie said:

GreasenUSA said:

Really wish folks could get banned for posting/screenshotting board posting tendencies of others. So obnoxious and lazy.

It is good to know when you are dealing with an F16 loony so you can stop typing up a rational response to them and realize "you can't reason with crazy"

Agreed. If they didn't want their posting history used against them they'd post on boards not full of lunatics.
jackie childs
Based on all the hate for Rava, I don't think F16 has an exclusive right to lunatics
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Danny duberstein doesn't hate rava lol
DannyDuberstein
AG
Heck no. I'd tap that Rava ass, teach her kid to count cards, and take em all to Vegas
PatAg
AG
Whoever thought of the whole "Disgusting Brothers" name and concept for the show is a genius
CFTXAG10
AG
"Sally-Anne was my Kerry so to speak"

SHEEEEEEEEEESH
Teddy Perkins
AG
Woof woof. Ken is feeling it!
MBAR
AG
I find it very interesting the way Jesse Armstrong presents empathetic moments of people he presents as monsters. The scars on the back of Logan, the polio story, and the front row filled of women he loved in a very broken way. It's just a really complicated look at what makes people tick as opposed to one dimensional caricatures. It really resonates with me.

A much more nuanced and subtle episode than I was expecting as the penultimate and I honestly have no idea what to expect next week. It many sound insane given how great this season is, but I'm actually less confident they stick the landing after this week's episode. Not in any way because its bad, but mainly because I can't see the path to a conclusion.
Teddy Perkins
AG
MBAR said:

I find it very interesting the way Jesse Armstrong presents empathetic moments of people he presents as monsters. The scars on the back of Logan, the polio story, and the front row filled of women he loved in a very broken way. It's just a really complicated look at what makes people tick as opposed to one dimensional caricatures. It really resonates with me.

A much more nuanced and subtle episode than I was expecting as the penultimate and I honestly have no idea what to expect next week. It many sound insane given how great this season is, but I'm actually less confident they stick the landing after this week's episode. Not in any way because its bad, but mainly because I can't see the path to a conclusion.

For me it's that expectations are so high. I do expect another twist like the end of last season. I think it's going to be good but whether it's great is going to be a large task.
SamHou
Glad Ewan Roy made his return. I think he's going to be critical in the board vote
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seeing Roman's facade come crashing down was hard to watch.
WES2006AG
AG
Not a great day for Roman
CFTXAG10
AG
This. 100%
CFTXAG10
AG
Watch Lukas get Waystar in the deal but only after naming an American CEO of Mencken's choosing ultimately ducking Shiv over. Not sure we have enough time for it but wouldn't surprise me.

Guessing next episode is all about the board vote.
BowSowy
AG
So Shiv crashed last week. Roman crashed this week. Ken crashes next week?

Also, a lot of tragic moments in this. Roman breaking down and his mother not coming up to comfort him. Shiv having to ask Frank and Karl about who her dad really was.
MaroonStain
AG
Episode was meh for me but I also am not a fan of funerals.
TCTTS
AG
What a perfect setup for the final showdown. I've said it before and I'll likely say it again after next week, but this continues to be one of the greatest seasons of television of all time. In fact, tonight was, like, the third if not fourth time this season I've thought, "Okay, no, THAT was the best episode of the series."

It was so good that I'm somehow less sad to see the show go than I was before. Only because I'm so immensely satisfied by what they're doing, in a way I don't think I've ever been this late in the run of any series.

Just… wow.
PatAg
AG
I think people just expect every single story line to end, and that just doesnt seem to be in the cards imo.
I think SOME storylines will reach their conclusion, but there are so many different ways it could go at this point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I 100% thought Roman was going to jump off the roof at the end when he rushed out of the room.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The ending felt to me like Mattson and Mencken worked out a side deal to get a CEO of Mencken's choosing. All sibs screwed to end the series.
Aggie09Derek
AG

Seabreeze
I think the new president makes Conner the boss. Gives him what he wants. A position.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Anyone else catch the other girlfriend Sally-Ann was Brian Cox's wife?

Pretty cool to use her in that spot.

The like about grinding the teeth was great.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Two Star Wars references this season that I love…

Connor to his siblings as they arrive (late) to his rehearsal dinner: "If it isn't the Rebel Alliance."

Hugo to Kendall at the gravesite: "Then I am the droid you're looking for."
BowSowy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The ending felt to me like Mattson and Mencken worked out a side deal to get a CEO of Mencken's choosing. All sibs screwed to end the series.
My final guess is that the deal goes through and Ken is named the American CEO. Mattson and Mencken seemed to be impressed with his speech. It seems like this deal is going through (although I hope they don't explain away the bogus numbers with a Friday news dump).

I think it would be the perfect wrap. Shiv helps broker the deal through but ultimately misses out on the "top" spot because she really doesn't have the experience. Roman falters because his daddy issues failed him at the worst time. Ken has isolated himself from his immediate family but finally gets the role he always wanted. But it's a neutered position because he has to answer to the guy he fought hardest against. None of the kids are happy.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
James Cromwell (Ewan) - I had forgotten about this.
LawHall88
AG
I don't care much for Cromwell's politics, but holy crap how great is he in this role.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Just listened to him on the official succession podcast and he admits that the character is him

Interesting listen - dude is a loon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.