*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,976 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The only reason that they all get to continue living like kings is cause we got our fingers on the scales in their favor. I take my hand off and then the whole world gets really ****in' fair really ****in' quickly and nobody actually wants that. They say they do but they don't. They want what we have to give them but they also wanna, you know, play innocent and pretend they have no idea where it came from. Well, thats more hypocrisy than I'm willing to swallow, so **** em. **** normal people.
Max Power
AG
The Milkman said:

I've always been annoyed with Rava's level of disgust for Ken and their world. She really acts like she hates all of it. Though certainly has some nice amenities.

As Colonel Jessup would say, she "rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Rava is the worst. She's the wet blanket of Succession.
CajunAg97
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I wish we had a little more Gerri, Frank and Karl - I love that trio
Wait, Connor was running for President?
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
Proposition Joe
The Milkman said:

I've always been annoyed with Rava's level of disgust for Ken and their world. She really acts like she hates all of it. Though certainly has some nice amenities.

As Colonel Jessup would say, she "rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

We're not meant to like Rava, but at the same time it isn't just "oh I hate how much you work and all these morally bankrupt decisions you've had to make to generate the wealth we enjoy!".

He is/was an addict and an absentee father. The guy got coked up and killed a waiter and then had his daddy cover it up. As much as we've seen Kendall grow as a person, he's still very obviously got decades worth of appalling **** on his personal resume. She may not like the current climate his business decisions have put their family in, but she's got many more reasons than just that to have disdain for him.
MaroonStain
AG
Jim01 said:

To me this was maybe my least favorite episode of the entire series. It perfectly summed up the weakness of this show in that every one is so damn unlikeable. I spent most of what I watched fantasizing about Roman getting his head bashed in with a hammer. Such scum. He usually is entertaining talking trash but tonight was outright evil. I ended up fast forwarding and barely watching half the episode.

This show is in the Dark Comedy genre. The point of the show since S1, E1 is that everyone is unlikeable and self-fulfilling terribad at what they want to be good at. Roman did exactly what needed to be done for the flow of the show, the company and his intentions with Madsen.

LOL!
aglaohfour
AG
Proposition Joe said:

The Milkman said:

We're not meant to like Rava, but at the same time it isn't just "oh I hate how much you work and all these morally bankrupt decisions you've had to make to generate the wealth we enjoy!".

He is/was an addict and an absentee father. The guy got coked up and killed a waiter and then had his daddy cover it up. As much as we've seen Kendall grow as a person, he's still very obviously got decades worth of appalling **** on his personal resume. She may not like the current climate his business decisions have put their family in, but she's got many more reasons than just that to have disdain for him.

I agree with all of this. Rava isn't likable, but I think her frustration with Kendall is completely justified. Can you imagine raising kids with someone like him, particularly when he's been at his worst? No amount of wealth can offset feeling like your children are being neglected emotionally or perhaps even put in physical danger by their own dad.
Phrasing
AG
I still don't know why she isn't likeable. Sure, she's usually pissed off when we see her, but as others have said it's justified. I think it was Episode 1 where she mentions Ken was doing blow off their kids ipads. I'm sure there are a lot of bad feeling/memories since he was such a crappy husband and dad. Her being pissed off at Kendall for being an absentee, drug addicted father doesn't make her unlikeable IMO. It makes her relatable.
TCTTS
AG
This. I don't understand the Rava hate one bit. I didn't even know there were people who disliked her.
dave94
AG
I was surprised to read this too. Gotta be Skyler White syndrome
StringerBell
AG
lmao what has happened in rava's life to put her in position to be likeable?

her husband was an addict

her father in law slapped her son at a family event

the rest of her in-laws are psychotic narcissists

like money can only do so much man.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I thought Rava was just a peripheral character to help paint how complex (terrible) of a character that Kendall is. I don't look at her as anything other than an extension of Kendall. I don't care/know enough about her to hate her.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

This. I don't understand the Rava hate one bit. I didn't even know there were people who disliked her.
100% agree

i had zero idea people disliked her. this isn't a skyler white situation where the wet blanket character is always around...we hardly ever see rava.

and honestly, considering logan struck her autistic son and kendall brought his coke-head girlfriend to her house at one point, i think rava might be a saint for bringing the kids around as much as she does
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I just re-read the last page, and I brought Rava up just as a response to your post because I was attempting to make a dumb Godfather analogy. LOL. Had no idea we had some Rava haters out here.
jackie childs
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I just re-read the last page, and I brought Rava up just as a response to your post because I was attempting to make a dumb Godfather analogy. LOL. Had no idea we had some Rava haters out here.
well apparently you broke the seal for all the rava hate to start spewing!
DannyDuberstein
AG
I would bury the bone deep in Rava. No hate at all
Proposition Joe
It's not necessarily that Rava is unlikeable, it's that she isn't written to be likeable --- she's a tertiary character only used to move certain plot points along.
Prosperdick
AG
TCTTS said:

I hate Kendall WAY more...haven't liked him one bit from episode one.

What I think is one of the many highlights of the show was when Tom told him "My hunch is that you're going to get ****ed because I've seen you get ****ed a lot. And I've never seen Logan get ****ed once." Such a great line and delivery.

Of course Kendall takes a picture of Tom like the little d-bag he is.

What's funny is you didn't know that there were people that disliked her. I didn't know there were people that LIKED Kendall lol.
Tobias Funke
AG
Seriously might be the best line from the series. And I'm very interested to see if it ends up being the epitaph on Ken's character arc when all is said and done
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Well, their kid's a different skin color than both of them, so someone other than Ken been there
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Well, their kid's a different skin color than both of them, so someone other than Ken been there

Adopted. The son is theirs but autistic. I'd make her toes curl and help her spend some of that divorce money. Maybe send Ken some pics of my O face
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Adopted. The son is theirs but autistic. I'd make her toes curl and help her spend some of that divorce money. Maybe send Ken some pics of my O face

Well, that's enough internet for me today
Old Buffalo
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

DannyDuberstein said:

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Prosperdick
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Seriously might be the best line from the series. And I'm very interested to see if it ends up being the epitaph on Ken's character arc when all is said and done
Tom also starts it off with "And I don't mean to be insulting." Talk about a fine wine he stored, hoarded, and saved for a special occasion, and then smashed Kendall's ****ing face in with it.
cone
AG
lol she sucks

they all suck

the only Roy that didn't suck is dead
cone
AG
I take it back

Connor rules
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Rewatched and finally figured out something that was nagging me. The scene where Kendall is on the phone and figures out that Shiv was full of it was scored using a string melody I swear I've heard a million times. I thought it was from "Blessings" by Big Sean feat. Drake and Kanye, but then was like 'Nah, no way.' But then again Succession always did have a weird rap thing going on with Jeremy Strong and I found that he's actually friends with Big Sean. Random as hell but the rap fan in me was pleased with said discovery.
Phrasing
AG
cone said:

I take it back

Connor rules

Connor has been my favorite character so far.
PatAg
AG
dave94 said:

I was surprised to read this too. Gotta be Skyler White syndrome
Disliking Skyler White is what the show writers wanted. She was written that way on purpose.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Ken keeps saying that a Right Wing kid pushed/hit his kid. This is wrong. It was a Leftist that "attacked" his kid b/c Ken works for a conservative news agency.
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
HossAg
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

Ken keeps saying that a Right Wing kid pushed/hit his kid. This is wrong. It was a Leftist that "attacked" his kid b/c Ken works for a conservative news agency.

Prosperdick
AG
Phrasing said:

cone said:

I take it back

Connor rules

Connor has been my favorite character so far.
He's up there for me as well...you almost have to feel for a guy who is the first born of a powerfully rich family but is treated like the black sheep and never taken seriously. He really is Fredo.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

"This is wrong?" It's a f'ing made up tv show…imagine being so consumed by politics that you yell "fake news!" about a subplot in a fictional television show. And imagine my surprise that said poster frequents 16chan.
GreasenUSA
AG
Really wish folks could get banned for posting/screenshotting board posting tendencies of others. So obnoxious and lazy.
Old Buffalo
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Really wish folks could get banned for posting/screenshotting board posting tendencies of others. So obnoxious and lazy.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
HossAg
AG
GreasenUSA said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.