*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,923 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Man he's so much Roman in real life it's funny. When he says **** you for making me say da bomb you ******* I could easily hear Roman saying it.

He pounded those wings like a champ.
Rudyjax
AG
Trying to watch on HBO Max right now. . It keeps buffering and crashing. Too many people watching?
MaroonStain
AG
Oof
Four Seasons Landscaping
Im no acting expert but the 1-2 second shot of Shiv after Tom said "it's okay, it's a difficult day" was the loudest I've ever heard somebody act without saying a word
TX04Aggie
AG
Wow. Was not expecting that.
MBAR
AG
Holy ****ing *****
GreasenUSA
AG
What a shocking episode.
aTmLoKi
AG
Lots of emotions on this one. I will have to see how this pans out in future episodes to really put it in context, but wow.
TX04Aggie
AG
This episode broke the internet for sure. Wow, I mean wtf just happened. Emmy's give them all those stupid awards. Haha. The rest of this season is going to be incredible.
Bones08
AG
Spoiler tags just in case:

It's an experience that unfortunately too many people go through, but they sure nailed the pure chaos and range of emotions that come from losing a loved one to something sudden.

Not sure I've ever seen a death depicted like that in a TV show or movie.

Brilliant episode.
mazzag
AG
Bones08 said:

It's an experience that unfortunately too many people go through, but they sure nailed the pure chaos and range of emotions that come from losing a loved one to something sudden. Especially with the money everyone in this episode could lose. That's an experience none of us will know.

Brilliant episode.

FIFY
TX04Aggie
AG
LA Times just did a fake article obituary for it. This was literally 2023 "red wedding" episode Succession style.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Emmys are already all reserved for an early bottle episode from another HBO series.
PatAg
AG
Holy ****
Just give everyone associated with this episdoe every award
PatAg
AG

The plane is in this poster
Prosperdick
AG
My quick thoughts: loved Tom razzing Greg with the mini Gregs from the pigpen, the Greglets. Fantastic.

Is it just me or did Gerri just get a little old woman hot early on in this episode? Grading on a scale of course but I digress.

Man what a gut punch episode. I had a feeling they would off Logan to accelerate the "succession" but never dreamed it would be the 3rd episode. Nice job Mark!

I can't wait to see how the backstabbing and inner turmoil plays out the rest of the way. Buckle up!
BowSowy
AG
Wow. I have never seen any part of media depict the impact of sudden death like that. Unfortunately, I have been on the receiving end of that, albeit with far far far fewer business impacts. Those moments of the other end of the phone trying to dance around saying the person is dead hits home. Trying to figure out what happened, what's next, and also coming to the realization that someone you love is dead, all while trying to figure out how to get home was so well done. What an incredibly tragic episode. Wow.

I need a hard palate cleanser after that one
Bregxit
AG
Bregxit said:

Why do I get the feeling that this all ends up with Logan having another stroke, dying and the kids ending up with everything anyway with a heavy dose of guilt?
Well I got the Logan part right so far.
Quinn
AG
Connor's Wedding is up there with The Suitcase, The Rains of Castamere, and Ozymandias for all time great TV episodes. That was incredible.
rynning
AG
Bones08 said:

It's an experience that unfortunately too many people go through, but they sure nailed the pure chaos and range of emotions that come from losing a loved one to something sudden.

Brilliant episode.
My wife doesn't watch Succession. After the episode I literally told her the same thing. Every other show is with a major character when they die. With this show, like real life, it starts with the phone call.

You wouldn't realize how realistic this episode was unless you've personally experienced it.
TCTTS
AG
Quinn said:

Connor's Wedding is up there with The Suitcase, The Rains of Castamere, and Ozymandias for all time great TV episodes. That was incredible.

This.

Made even more memorable by the fact that no one was even remotely expecting it. At least not yet. I assumed Logan would die, but not until later in the season, with one or two episodes left. As always, though, Armstrong & co know how to squeeze the drama for everything it's worth, in ways no one saw coming. Logan dying the day before the close of the deal was a stroke of genius, in terms of what's about go to down in the wake.

Just… holy sh*t.

Every few years we get to witness an episode like this, one you instantly know is going down in the pop culture history books. Succession was already headed toward a seat at the table with the greats, but tonight solidified its all-timer status.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just starting the episode, but just wanted to say how funny it is to me for some reason that this episode is called "Connor's Wedding". The episode titles have never been this matter of fact.
Rodney Ruxin
I liked how they made his death very anticlimactic and completely inconvenient in terms of timing. No build up, no bells and whistles, no last stirring monologue. He's there and then he's not. It's brilliant writing because that's exactly how death is the vast majority of the time, unfortunately.

They wanted the audience to mainline straight, no BS reality. I think they pulled it off really well.
k20dub
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just starting the episode, but just wanted to say how funny it is to me for some reason that this episode is called "Connor's Wedding". The episode titles have never been this matter of fact.
TCTTS
AG
Two things had me raising an eyebrow before the episode… Last Week Tonight tweeted that they'd be starting ten minutes late, which meant that tonight's Succession was a super-sized episode, and then The Ringer mentioned that they didn't get screeners ahead of time for this episode, so their reaction podcasts would be coming a little late, as opposed to right when the episode ended, per usual. So I knew something was up, but I never could guessed it would be this.
TCTTS
AG
Rodney Ruxin said:

I liked how they made his death very anticlimactic and completely inconvenient in terms of timing. No build up, no bells and whistles, no last stirring monologue. He's there and then he's not. It's brilliant writing because that's exactly how death is the vast majority of the time, unfortunately.

They wanted the audience to mainline straight, no BS reality. I think they pulled it off really well.

Such a great point. Any other show would have foreshadowed the hell out of this. Instead, it hit us like a ton of bricks, with zero warning, just like it did for the characters.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
All. The. Awards!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Twenty minutes in. It's Kieran's turn for an Emmy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.