*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,822 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a feeling that Tom will get his comeuppance against Karl this season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Really enjoyed it when Ken got Greg's back. "Are you done? Maybe it's funnier with subtitles. It's fine, but I've just seen enough of this ****"

Always cool to see a guy that is kind of a weasel stand up like that
Engine10
AG
Working abroad I've always been tempted to use something to this effect, but never could have assembled it that well. Totally stealing it
Prosperdick
AG
Tobias Funke said:

"Hanna Barbara School of Business" was such a cold line.

Loved this episode. Feel like I'm watching a different show than about 25% of you, but I really enjoy the dialogue and speculation here
The whole exchange is nails:
Are...are you for real?
What?
The movie. And what about these ****ing press stories? Are you Scooby-Dooing me here? Is that where you went, Hanna-Barbera ****ing business school? You're telling me the theme parks are haunted and your big movie is ****ty? Are you tanking the deal?

The writing on this show is on such a different level than anything else on TV or film right now. I'm really going to miss this show when it's over. And props to Jesse Armstrong for ending the show with the audience craving for more.

This season so far has been so good I almost wish Logan died earlier in the series lol.

Bregxit
AG
Engine10 said:

Working abroad I've always been tempted to use something to this effect, but never could have assembled it that well. Totally stealing it

I had a similarly funny moment the other day. Stepped out for a smoke and there were four Indian guys with visitor badges on smoking. When they were done and started to walk off another lady with a smile on her face looked at them and said "Good luck taking over the world". They smiled and nodded and thanked her. I was dumbfounded and it was hilarious!
Four Seasons Landscaping
Quote:

This season so far has been so good I almost wish Logan died earlier in the series lol.
Almost felt guilty when I'd randomly think, "Wait, is this show better without Brian Cox?"
Prosperdick
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Quote:

Almost felt guilty when I'd randomly think, "Wait, is this show better without Brian Cox?"
Patrick Ewing theory!!
cone
AG
I guess it's inherently interesting and a spectacle to watch morons try to land a plane after the pilot dropped dead
Tobias Funke
AG
The Milkman said:

So is Shiv trying to miscarry? She didn't do the coke and fake sipped the whiskey, but definitely drank the champagne.

Also, why would they like and do a fake out about the one day per episode thing? Such a meaningless little bit to float out and then stop on episode 6

Didn't see anyone else address this; what do you mean? What gives you the impression they aren't doing that?

If it was a "next week" preview, a lot of us don't watch those and don't like any kind of spoiling what's coming up.
Rudyjax
AG
Last episode was more than 1 day.
TriAg2010
AG
Bregxit said:

Engine10 said:

I had a similarly funny moment the other day. Stepped out for a smoke and there were four Indian guys with visitor badges on smoking. When they were done and started to walk off another lady with a smile on her face looked at them and said "Good luck taking over the world". They smiled and nodded and thanked her. I was dumbfounded and it was hilarious!

I used to work with this Russian guy who hated our company for rotating Indians through our offices for training. "They're here to take our jobs and steal our women," he blurted out one day, correctly.
Diggity
AG
did you ask him what he was here for?
TCTTS
AG
Prosperdick
AG
TCTTS said:

The first reply: "The Pete Davidson of his day."

So true.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sarah Jessica Parker with the combo-breaker.
MaroonStain
AG
TOM IS A BANANA!!!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sarah Jessica Parker with the combo-breaker.

It's a clue though. His glans is probably the size of an apple. Could explain all of it
Four Seasons Landscaping
For those that haven't pulled up google yet…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbeit_macht_frei
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Halfway through the episode.

I have to admit, after an amazing first five episodes, maybe be even an all-timer run...this is the first episode I'm really not enjoying.

It seems like they made everyone a bit dumber at the drop of a hat for the sake of plot. Roman firing people willy nilly, Kendall convinced they can double their share price out of thin air.... I just don't know. I hope this is not how the rest of the season is gonna go. It feels like they're becoming caricatures whereas before they at least halfway resembled real people, albeit screw ups, tying to make smart decisions.
MBAR
AG
Roman gonna leak the original audio? This felt like him stepping into the same role kendal has been in much or this show.
MBAR
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Halfway through the episode.

I have to admit, after an amazing first five episodes, maybe be even an all-timer run...this is the first episode I'm really not enjoying.

It seems like they made everyone a bit dumber at the drop of a hat for the sake of plot. Roman firing people willy nilly, Kendall convinced they can double their share price out of thin air.... I just don't know. I hope this is not how the rest of the season is gonna go. It feels like they're becoming caricatures whereas before they at least halfway resembled real people, albeit screw ups, tying to make smart decisions.

Not sure why you think either of those actions are out of character?
mazzag
AG
This was "The Fly" episode.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Their actions seem a lot more understandable when you frame them as a bunch of teenagers left at home for the first time, which they kind of are.
GreasenUSA
AG
This seems to keep getting better and better. Didn't think they could top Connor's Wedding, but there is an argument for any of these last 3 as better episodes. The buildup to the presentation had me on the edge of my seat.
Rudyjax
AG
mazzag said:

People like you annoy me. You're like a fly.
Prosperdick
AG
My thoughts…not as good as the previous episodes but still damn solid.

Loved Roman on the firing spree and the two worst "pep talks" in history from Roman and Karl to Kendall before he surprisingly hit it out of the park.

Interesting stuff with Shiv and Tom and Matsson.

No Connor at all…is the first time he's been completely missing from an episode?
Engine10
AG
I gotta say it - it's satisfying to see Kendall get his moment. This is the moment that was pulled from him episode one. It would have fit perfectly in his tragic arc to just have it break down once again (and still might) - but for one brief moment, he gets that praise, recognition and respect for being "special" that he's always craved, and Logan would never give.

Also, taking Big Shoes as next sock so back off
TCTTS
AG
mazzag said:

Seriously?

I agree that it was weakest episode of the season, but it was still damn good and better than 99% of everything else on TV. It was like one of those old crash test dummy videos, in super slow motion, stretched across 60 minutes… the anticipation, the slamming into the wall, the whiplash, limbs flailing, shards of glass flying through the air… and we're just in awe at the horror of it all, at how bad these three idiots are at playing this game. It was sobering, and absolutely excruciating, but in the best way.

Come season's end, I didn't think anyone was getting a happy ending, but now I'm wondering if it's going to be worse than we ever imagined.
BowSowy
AG
Love that they had been seemingly showing Roman as the most savvy of the three and then gave us his slip up this week. Very interested to see how this jockeying keeps going.

Where is this election stuff going? They keep alluding to it, and alluding to Menken being a problem. So surely that has to play into the end game, right?
TCTTS
AG
mazzag
AG
Yes. Seriously. It was a place card holder episode. Had some juice …but it was ridiculous. Roman firing people…I'm like hello you can't do that, where's the sec? Shiv and Tom were the best part of the episode. Not even Greg was good. And I know you adore this series. But if this wasn't the last season I'd be out. Big Love is tons better than this
TCTTS
AG
mazzag said:

Yes. Seriously. It was a place card holder episode. Had some juice …but it was ridiculous. Roman firing people…I'm like hello you can't do that, where's the sec? Shiv and Tom were the best part of the episode. Not even Greg was good. And I know you adore this series. But if this wasn't the last season I'd be out. Big Love is tons better than this

You'd be out??? We just witnessed an all-time five-episode run and now, after episode six, you'd be out? As hyperbolical as people accuse me of being at times, I have absolutely nothing on this.

Also, Roman not being able to fire people all willy nilly, but doing it anyways, is the entire point. In other words, the pressure is getting to him and Kendall, and we're *supposed* to be witnessing a nose dive of epic proportions. I mean, Gerri even called Roman out on exactly why he couldn't do what he just did. The show is clearly aware of this.
Agmaniacmike12
The Shiv and Tom bedroom scene was fantastic. Completely unhinged but honest at the same time. Shiv's facial expression as she played along with the "trailer park" notion was gold.
BowSowy
AG
mazzag said:

Not even Greg was good.
Disagree, Greg was in there trying to jockey for his position. Pitch bot with the bros, freaking out on the editor because he didn't want to look bad, being around Ken after the speech and mentioning that he was there. Totally fits his character. But everyone is scrambling now and Greg is definitely on the outside.
TCTTS
AG
His "It's really well edited" line killed me.

Him giving Kendall sh*t with, "Oh, so all you need is unbelievable growth" was pretty good too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.