*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,959 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BowSowy
AG
210 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That blood story was...odd.
Yeah I thought he was just ****ing with Shiv but then the finalized kill list proved that wrong.
I took it a different way. He identified that Shiv was the one iced out and threw that in there to try to cause derision with the siblings. I think a side benefit of that conversation was learning who on the Waystar side he could use.

I think there's going to be a payoff where Shiv discloses the blood brick information to Ken and Roman and it causes a problem for the Roys. I think everything about that Scandinavian trip was controlled by Mattson and the Waystar people were not able to see it.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Da family."

"Da ****?"

Best comedic writing and delivery tonight
-Ben There/R.C.
TAZ99
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I love that he couldn't let it go. Like yea, my dads a *****, but your not allowed to say that. And while we are on the subject here's the reasons you are the real *****
Same sentiment when Kendall steps in to save Greg. He may be the family punching bag, but he's not gonna let Matsson give him *****
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Also, Greg's subtle arm squeeze to Kendall was hilarious after he was given the job of souring the current negotiations to the press
-Ben There/R.C.
PatAg
AG
Its also hard to tell if Kendall was talking out of his butt, but what he was saying about Mattson not getting it and is going to tank their stock value...didnt sound entirely wrong.

but at the same time, wasn't Mattson's pitch for ASN very similar to what Kendall wanted to do? I forget what season that was, but I imagine someone will make a video comparing the two pitches.
aglaohfour
AG
So many funny lines and moments in this one, but my favorite has to be when Frank and Karl are putting on compression socks before the flight.
PatAg
AG
aglaohfour said:

So many funny lines and moments in this one, but my favorite has to be when Frank and Karl are putting on compression socks before the flight.
no blood clots for them!
frenchtoast
Weird episode. I never fully understand the context of any conversations involving Tom.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Did Tom overhear Kendall and Roman offering to axe him to Shiv on the plane?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Did Shiv drink or snort the cocaine when she was with Mattson while pregnant?
-Ben There/R.C.
MaroonStain
AG
frenchtoast said:

Weird episode. I never fully understand the context of any conversations involving Tom.

Because he is a banana until he bopped Shiv in the ear

I am in the camp of Shiv made the deal happen btw.
Prosperdick
AG
TAZ99 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I love that he couldn't let it go. Like yea, my dads a *****, but your not allowed to say that. And while we are on the subject here's the reasons you are the real *****
Same sentiment when Kendall steps in to save Greg. He may be the family punching bag, but he's not gonna let Matsson give him *****
Prosperdick
AG
BowSowy said:

****ing blood bricks. I don't know how they manage to create a character that's even more absurd than any of the Roys but they do
And the line "First it was funny...then it got weird, then it got funny again." No dude, it was always weird af.
MaroonStain
AG
The blood brick item is dumb and an attempt to show opulence exceeds reality. We get it. Uber rich people are odd. Similar shat was done in Billions.
TCTTS
AG
You realize you're critiquing, like, the entire point of the show, right? EVERYTHING is "an attempt to show opulence exceeds reality" and that "uber rich people are odd." Weird that you're focusing on this one, off-handed thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It did feel a bit too absurd to me. And maybe even a little deus ex machina y.

I feel like that's gonna be an important piece of leverage for Shiv.
WES2006AG
AG
Is next week the finale or do we have a few weeks left?

Going to be tough to see this show end because this season has been extraordinary.
Proposition Joe
I feel like with Mattson already established as being a really odd dude that they can get away with the blood brick story line. And I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt on it - there's been a number of throw in storylines that didn't necessarily come back to play key roles.

As a complete episode, I thought that was one was better than the Logan death episode.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly.
TCTTS
AG
WES2006AG said:

Going to be tough to see this show end because this season has been extraordinary.

The season is only halfway over. Five episodes left. The finale airs the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.
Tailgate88
AG
Five episodes to go!
SamHou
Shiv is definitely working with Mattison. And I think she's trying to recruit Tom to that side, hence her inviting him to dinner
Proposition Joe
And I feel like we're still setting up for some big Gerri power play. She has long been characterized as the steward and fixer and the like. Roman canning her (and then her being saved by Logan's death) I think sets up for her to make an ice-in-her-veins move for once.
Tailgate88
AG
SamHou said:

Shiv is definitely working with Mattison. And I think she's trying to recruit Tom to that side, hence her inviting him to dinner

She also has to tell Tom she is pregnant, maybe?
WES2006AG
AG
TCTTS said:

WES2006AG said:

The season is only halfway over. Five episodes left. The finale airs the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.
Damn, I'm way off. Guess them killing Logan so early threw my timing off. Every episode seems so important at this point.
Rudyjax
AG
Roman and Kendall had every intention of killing the deal. And they told him that. Shiv basically told Mattson to offer enough money that they had no choice. Going to Frank instead of Roman on the offer forced them to go to the board.

Shiv kept Geri, Tom and the other ladies jobs.

The board will vote in favor of it.

Maybe I'm dense and missed it all but it seemed pretty clear to me what happened.

I know they're upset about getting cut, but they're going to get a ton and will be a very sought after executive.
rynning
AG
I think we can assume Greg leaked Logan's death now.

I thought Greg's "quad squad" conversation was over the top silly, even for him. A lot of the Roy-side awkwardness was overdone, but I guess that made Shiv's coolness and Roman's door slam stand out that much more.

This episode was not better than Logan's death episode. None is.
Prosperdick
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

Roman and Kendall had every intention of killing the deal. And they told him that. Shiv basically told Mattson to offer enough money that they had no choice. Going to Frank instead of Roman on the offer forced them to go to the board.

Maybe I'm dense and missed it all but it seemed pretty clear to me what happened.

I know they're upset about getting cut, but they're going to get a ton and will be a very sought after executive.

I just can't see it being that easy and the Roy's get a huge payday.

It's succession, not acquisitions, which it would turn into if they were able to sell and then buy PGM. I could be wrong but with the election looming and ATN's influence I can't see how it won't still be under the Roys' influence. Way too much meat left on that bone.
Proposition Joe
rynning said:

I think we can assume Greg leaked Logan's death now.

I thought Greg's "quad squad" conversation was over the top silly, even for him. A lot of the Roy-side awkwardness was overdone, but I guess that made Shiv's coolness and Roman's door slam stand out that much more.

This episode was not better than Logan's death episode. None is.

Hugo was the leak on Logan's death. Possible Greg leaked to someone as well, but they established with last episode's opening that Hugo mentioned it to his daughter before it was public.

The "quad squad" and "disgusting brothers" things both seemed forced to me. They've leaned too far into Greg being silly.

I personally thought Logan's death episode was boring. I can appreciate the incredible acting and the kids having to come to grips with "what's next", but I don't think it really established any aspects of any of the characters that we didn't already know. Kendall is always looking at angles, Roman avoids dealing with things, Shiv thinks she has her **** together but doesn't.
Rudyjax
AG
Prosperdick said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

I just can't see it being that easy and the Roy's get a huge payday.

It's succession, not acquisitions, which it would turn into if they were able to sell and then buy PGM. I could be wrong but with the election looming and ATN's influence I can't see how it won't still be under the Roys' influence. Way too much meat left on that bone.
More will happen, but that was the gist of that episode which some people seemed confused.
Straight Talk
AG
I Shiv's baby Toms or Mattisons?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Matsson clearly outplayed the Royboys. He snuffed out their attempt to tank the deal, went around them, and is going to get the whole enchilada. After Matsson's convo with Shiv, he learned a bump on his offer would get it done. Shiv scored points during the convo and will be kept on after the acquisition and the Royboys are going to be left floundering - rich, but without a company a steer. I don't see how the deal could fall apart at this point unless that issue Shiv flagged about Mencken having a direct line to ATN comes into play, but even then that doesn't seem to be big enough to kill the deal.
MW03
AG
They still have to buy Pierce, right?
cajunaggie08
AG
Straight Talk said:

I Shiv's baby Toms or Mattisons?
When did Shiv and Mattison hook up? I assumed it was either Tom's or one of her open-marriage partners

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.