*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,858 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03
AG
Best acting: Rome freaking out looking at his stitches and asking why I'd wasn't him all at the same time. He was the perfect blend of freaking out about one thing because he was actually freaking about something different all together.

Weirdest moment: Shiv throwing in the murder in the way she did. It was ike she was just trying to come up with a reason to deny her brother even though she herself didn't really care about it. I liked how it devolved into 3 children fighting with a lot of "nu uh" and "yeah huh" but it was still pretty damned weird.

The physical fight that broke out was the most most anxious I've been watching the show maybe ever. When Ken was gouging Rome's eyes, I thought for sure he was about to hurt Shiv and the baby.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
Listening to the podcast, and Jeremy Strong says he did actually drink that blended concoction, retched after each take, and then after getting it dumped on his head went outside and jumped in the ocean.

Because of course he did.

He also said in one of the takes for the last scene, he climbed over the guard rails and Colin rushed up to stop him
Teddy Perkins
AG
Topher17
AG
MW03 said:

Best acting: Rome freaking out looking at his stitches and asking why I'd wasn't him all at the same time. He was the perfect blend of freaking out about one thing because he was actually freaking about something different all together.

Weirdest moment: Shiv throwing in the murder in the way she did. It was ike she was just trying to come up with a reason to deny her brother even though she herself didn't really care about it. I liked how it devolved into 3 children fighting with a lot of "nu uh" and "yeah huh" but it was still pretty damned weird.

The physical fight that broke out was the most most anxious I've been watching the show maybe ever. When Ken was gouging Rome's eyes, I thought for sure he was about to hurt Shiv and the baby.

I thought the whole scene was pretty brilliant. It shows we shouldn't be "rooting" for any of them. They're petulant children with outsized views of themselves because of who their father was. As Logan said, "you're not serious people." Roman realizes his dad was right, fully summing it up at the end when he says "we're all bull*****"
Topher17
AG
I definitely think she was always on the fence and just tried to convince herself going with Ken would be okay. Then she saw how he handled himself in Logan's office and to start the board meeting and realized she couldn't give it over to him. Kendall was turning into a man-child version of Logan with less business acumen and she's probably right he wouldn't be good at it. We've never seen the three of them be able to stick together without screwing one another over and she knows that. For herself it is the lesser of two evils.

bullard21k
AG
Maybe already covered and I missed it but is the pierce deal just completely gone? That was the focal point for multiple episodes this season and it just evaporates and hasn't been discussed in over 5 episodes. I think they dropped the ball on that personally

I mean none of those pierce guys are calling to make sure their 10 billion dollar deal is funding?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was my question before the episode.

I'm certain that would've been the focal point of S5.
Topher17
AG
I think the kids wanted that deal to stick it to Logan. Once Logan was gone, they didn't actually want it anymore. But you're right, they never really showed that to us.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
deer corn
Seven Costanza said:

One positive of this show ending is that I no longer have to see Shiv make that face she does 150 times an episode.

I couldn't stand the number of "yeah?"s in what seemed like the last two seasons. It became the "like" for elites.
The Milkman
AG
bullard21k said:

Maybe already covered and I missed it but is the pierce deal just completely gone? That was the focal point for multiple episodes this season and it just evaporates and hasn't been discussed in over 5 episodes. I think they dropped the ball on that personally

I mean none of those pierce guys are calling to make sure their 10 billion dollar deal is funding?

Yeah, but the Pierce deal really isn't material to the completion of the story. Whether that happens or they back out or whatever it doesn't really change anything.
Quinn
AG
The Pierce deal won't go through bc they needed to pool the money from the 3 of them. That's ain't happening. Roman is done with all the games and will go be a rich, unemployed, weirdo playboy. Shiv will lick her wounds and start scheming with Tom. Kendall will kill himself or go start a start up media company and burn a lot of his and other investors' cash.
mike_ags_fan12

bullard21k
AG
I'm not arguing the deal should or should not happen.

I'm saying it was a focal point for a large portion of the season and then no one from pierce was involved in any capacity at any point for the rest of the series just find odd. Might have been fun to add another layer of chaos the last 2 episodes getting that whole pierce bunch back in the fray wanting to know what's happening with gojo deal and how that would impact them
Sports-Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

FancyKetchup14
AG
Roman and his "yeah, well, pics or it didn't happen" when Kendall was pleading to them about Logan telling him it was his job when he was eight years old was perfectly timed.
JDUB08AG
AG
Wish we got better closure with Gerri. Karl and Frank had their last exchange. We saw Hugo try and weasel his way in. Carolina is obviously set for the next go round. Did I miss or forget something with Gerri?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well we know Tom was hiring her back. Imo that's all we really needed.
CFTXAG10
AG
I do think it's great how you get glimpses of how good all three could be together as a 3/headed Logan Roy Spawn Monster but they are all just dealing with their own **** and self-interests.

The impressions this episode were great as always. Connor doing Logan as a teapot. Shiv and Rome doing Ken as if they just tried to whack him.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG

TX04Aggie
AG
I was thinking about this too. Because Shiv uses "yeah" every scene. I think, two fold: 1) it is a subtle poke at "banker bro/tech bro/wheeler and dealer" culture in some respect. But 2) that it just highlights the complete insecurity they have on every decision they make, they literally are winging it and the "yeah?" Is such an insecure way for validation.
TCTTS
AG
BudFox7 said:

TCTTS said:

Great show but it's not in this discussion no matter how bad you want it.

Finale was…OK. Kitchen scene showed they're still just kids and foretold that they would **** it up as kids so (as did the entire series). Shiv made the most sense to flip, preggo and husband as CEO. The flip was executed pretty badly though

IMO, there is zero question that Succession is now up there with Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Sopranos, and The Wire. We absolutely just added a fifth "face" to Mount Rushmore, and this seems to be the consensus among most people/pundits out there I'm seeing on social media, hearing on podcasts, etc. Sorry, Bud, but you're in the minority on this one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
TriAg2010
AG
TX04Aggie said:

I was thinking about this too. Because Shiv uses "yeah" every scene. I think, two fold: 1) it is a subtle poke at "banker bro/tech bro/wheeler and dealer" culture in some respect. But 2) that it just highlights the complete insecurity they have on every decision they make, they literally are winging it and the "yeah?" Is such an insecure way for validation.

I negotiated a contract with a guy who would always do the "yeah" thing. I think there's some psychos out there who do it deliberately as a way to influence people. It makes you be the one to initiate disagreement, which when repeated endlessly becomes quite fatiguing. It makes you prone to yield something as a matter of polite conversation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.