*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,847 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't think I could hate Shiv more but this episode really pushed it higher for me.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Bregxit
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Shivs turn back was too abrupt for me at the end. Honestly though, I like the ending. Had me all in on the Roy family only to have them **** it up one last time. It's appropriate.

Shiv decided being married to the CEO was better for her. Simple selfish decision.
bullard21k
AG
Guess I'm in the minority here but I thought the last episode was just meh
rynning
AG
lexofer said:

210 said:

Final shot was interesting though, his dad's driver/security over his shoulder. Guessing they were implying Kendall could never get out of the shadow of his father.

Loved the power shot from the low angle of Tom in the car with his hand out.

Also, was Roman implying Ken's kids weren't his? I couldn't really understand what he said there but didn't rewind.

I thought the security guy was following to make sure he didn't kill himself. He was going into a depressive episode after that.

Yeah Roman said Kendall's kids weren't his.
I think the security guard (Colin) seems to represent all of them as "We are nothing." Just someone else who really no control over what happens and in the end is left with "nothing." When Logan died, he was left alone with nothing. But Kendall gives him hope. But when Kendall loses, once again he is left with nothing.
JYDog90
AG
Bregxit said:

JDUB08AG said:

Shivs turn back was too abrupt for me at the end. Honestly though, I like the ending. Had me all in on the Roy family only to have them **** it up one last time. It's appropriate.

Shiv decided being married to the CEO was better for her. Simple selfish decision.

I don't know that was her calculation. I think it was as simple as she didn't want to live a life having to deal with Kendall as the head.

I think the episode did a good job of reducing Ken to a little child, "but I want it!"
bonfarr
AG
bullard21k said:

Me too, I was hoping for the family to pull it together and end up raiding Gojo. Mattsen is a ******bag and I don't care for the Greek Tragedy ending.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
JYDog90
AG
And so Greg survives because Tom just wants someone to treat like **** for the rest of his life.
rynning
AG
Tom's off to a good start by immediately getting rid of those who want to cut his throat.
JDUB08AG
AG
bonfarr said:

bullard21k said:

Me too, I was hoping for the family to pull it together and end up raiding Gojo. Mattsen is a ******bag and I don't care for the Greek Tragedy ending.

But that goes against the last 4 seasons of building up who these people are. They are all terrible and incapable of pulling it together.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What an absolutely perfect series finale.

The show was always about answering a single question, and I love that the finale was simply about answering that question. I could easily see a fifth season, but it would've felt redundant.

I loved how it felt like the quintessential Succession episode, through and through. An exotic location, a board meeting, the siblings arguing, then teaming up, then going at each other again. It's everything this show has been, wrapped up in one episode.

They did an amazing job of getting me to feel conflicted. They really got us on the siblings' side, and seeing them teaming up again was so good. In fact, the kitchen scene might have been my favorite scene in the episode. Just seeing them act like kids was both funny and endearing.

Sidenote, was anyone else terrified as soon as Kendall went in the water? Kendall and water, man. There's been so much foreshadowing that I thought they were finally gonna have him drown, right as soon as they finally decide to let him have the company.

And then of course, it all blows up. Just when they had us on their side, they remind us who these people really are. Shiv continues to be a traitorous backstabber, Ken is reduced to a whiny child who's toy is taken away, and Roman making those awful comments about Ken's kids. What a hell of a scene.

I'm simultaneously glad it's Tom, but kind of sad for Ken and Roman. It's hard to say if Shiv did that to save her marriage or she legitimately didn't want Ken. Maybe it was both. Either way, she seems as unhappy as anyone in the end.

They totally stuck the landing. It was everything the finale needed to be.
aggiedata
AG
Oh boy

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was also incredibly surprised that Tom didn't lose his **** on Mattson when he talked about wanting to **** Shiv. I thought he was about to blow up on Mattson and lose the job.
Tobias Funke
AG
Tom putting the sticker on Greg's forehead was *chef's kiss*
Tobias Funke
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I was also incredibly surprised that Tom didn't lose his **** on Mattson when he talked about wanting to **** Shiv. I thought he was about to blow up on Mattson and lose the job.

He was on the verge of it. But as SHE said, Tom will suck the biggest D in the room.

Just amazing storytelling
Bones08
AG
I enjoyed the episode.

I'm glad Kendall didn't "win". I don't think he should have and also don't think he would have been good at it at all.

I seriously thought it was going to be Roman who voted Yes and ruined the deal. He definitely thought about it. Not sure why Shiv made the last second flip but that's only because I can think of about ten different reasons why she would and I can't choose.

Kendall is a terrible person who has done some terrible things, but weirdly shoving Roman's forehead into his shoulder during their hug may have upset me the most. Maybe it's the little brother in me. So yea, screw Kendall!

Great show. I'll miss it terribly.
PatAg
AG
Its funny how many dudes online seem to just HATE shiv, but like Kendall. Very telling
bonfarr
AG
PatAg said:

Its funny how many dudes online seem to just HATE shiv, but like Kendall. Very telling

What exactly does that tell you?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I think Mattson was testing him to see if he had a yes man or not.
TexasAggie008
AG
I'm sure some will disagree but …. If ever it made sense for there to be a movie in 2-3 years (which have always been a mixed bag like entourage, breaking bad, etc)… this is it.

in the grand scheme of things this show ended fairly early…would be great to get another 2 hours just checking in on what everyone is up to in 2025.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Kendall/Roman hug had me confused. Was that a kind of confirmation that Kendall was the one who was always abusive to him as kids and ****ed him up? Or both him and Logan?
Tobias Funke
AG
PatAg said:

I think both of them are horrible. Please enlighten me, wise one, what does that say?

Posts like these are such garbage
Bones08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Kendall/Roman hug had me confused. Was that a kind of confirmation that Kendall was the one who was always abusive to him as kids and ****ed him up? Or both him and Logan?
No, I don't think Kendall ever abused Roman growing up. I took it as Kendall morphing into abusive Logan though. Like he sat in Logan's chair for five minutes and it was already "corrupting" him.
Quinn
AG
deer corn said:

What was the deal with Roman crying into Kendall's shoulder to open his stitches? Does he get off on pain and misery?

Yes, he does. He thinks he deserves the abuse.
The Milkman
AG
I like that we get have Shiv and Tom's kid growing up with a CEO father, and potentially setting the succession timeline again
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tom and Greg's slap fight in the bathroom.
An Ag in CO
AG
Shiv was going to get screwed by either Matsson or Kendall and as soon as she realized that I think she felt the betrayal by her brother cut much deeper than the betrayal from the Swede.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, this entire season was an Emmy reel for Kieran Culkin. I'm 90% sure he gets it this year.

And him going to town on the cheese was hilarious.
PatAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

PatAg said:

I think both of them are horrible. Please enlighten me, wise one, what does that say?

Posts like these are such garbage
No you have the right opinion. They both suck and should get the same level of hate.

I should have made it clearer that I was talking about commentary in general, and not anyone hating on Shiv in the thread. She is hate worthy...they all are
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Shiv became Tom's wife in that final scene, instead of the other way around.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bones08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

No, I don't think Kendall ever abused Roman growing up. I took it as Kendall morphing into abusive Logan though. Like he sat in Logan's chair for five minutes and it was already "corrupting" him.

Another take that I'm seeing on Reddit is that Roman was doing it to himself, or sort of what he needed at that moment and Kendall knew it. I can see that as well. Guy is a masochist.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bones08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bones08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Another take that I'm seeing on Reddit is that Roman was doing it to himself, or sort of what he needed at that moment and Kendall knew it. I can see that as well. Guy is a masochist.
Oh interesting. Didn't consider that.

On another note, a part of me is satisfied with the story and glad to see it ending. That being said if season 5 was announced tomorrow I would jump for joy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TX04Aggie
AG
Lol. That fight in the conference room. Shows you how broken and lifeless Kendall is without this company. I mean they are all broken terrible screwups. Just finished it, I thought it was a good ending. Some good one liners in there as always.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Damn. Sad to see this show over.

Really dislike Shiv. What an ass.

Really wish Roman got the bag, but oh well

Excellent finale. Again, sad to see this come to and end
-Ben There/R.C.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.