*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,842 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Four Seasons Landscaping
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anybody know what the last scene Brian Cox filmed was?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Chuckles The Clown

I think Karl might have the funniest lines in the show, however brief or infrequent they might be. "I need a stiffener" right before pouring a drink.

I honestly thought the first two eps of this season were kinda meh by Succession standards but that last night was one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen.

Did anyone else think it was a ruse (Logan being sick) for a few minutes at first?

"Full disclosure, I'm currently having a panic attack."

Also, yes. Until we saw him lying on the floor, I thought Tom was pulling one over them and Logan was listening in.

On rewatch now…his "oh, he's heavily f*ckin delayed" was hilarious too.
20ag07
Quote:

Does anybody know what the last scene Brian Cox filmed was?

Quote:

DEADLINE: You've often, and I'm going to put this politely, scoffed at the idea of method acting. But what was it like shooting the death scene, with you on the floor in the plane?

COX: I was never there. I wasn't there at all.

DEADLINE: Was that a choice of yours, or a choice of Jesse's, or was it just timing?

COX: They decided, well, they didn't want to do that. I mean, they had this idea, you know, I think it's a phone and an ear. I think that's all you see, isn't it?

DEADLINE: Well, you see a bit of a nose and a chin, that kind of thing. You know, it's an out-of-focus body, people in the fore. So, what was the last Logan Roy scene that you shot?

COX: I think the last was the one moving towards the plane, for what's the beginning of episode three.

https://deadline.com/2023/04/succession-logan-roy-spoilers-brian-cox-interview-hbo-jesse-armstrong-1235320400/
boy09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Twenty minutes in. It's Kieran's turn for an Emmy.
"Hello, ****y-sucky brigade."
PatAg
AG
localag88 said:

PatAg said:

The plane is in this poster

By "the plane" I assume you mean the plane Logan et al were on travelling to Sweden when, well, you know.

That was a BBJ, whereas the plane in your picture has fuselage mounted engines, and the horizontal stabilizer is high on the tail instead of low...probably a Gulfstream.
No way you are a real person
Quinn
AG
Couple random thoughts:

- So many good performances, but Shiv might take the cake for me.
- Is that the last time we see Kerry in more than a passing shot? I assume she's out after that.
- Who leaked to the press? It's got to be Greg or Gerri, right? The kids didn't, the crew on the flight didn't. Seems like Greg, but Gerri was quickly getting off the phone when Roman came back in.
- Poor Roman lost his dad and Gerri in the same day. True love really is dead.
- Connor has been so, so good the last two episodes.
StringerBell
AG
i think it was mentioned that that the person greg was talking to was press in some capacity so it's likely that he let it slip
rynning
AG
Quinn said:

Couple random thoughts:

- So many good performances, but Shiv might take the cake for me.
- Is that the last time we see Kerry in more than a passing shot? I assume she's out after that.
- Who leaked to the press? It's got to be Greg or Gerri, right? The kids didn't, the crew on the flight didn't. Seems like Greg, but Gerri was quickly getting off the phone when Roman came back in.
- Poor Roman lost his dad and Gerri in the same day. True love really is dead.
- Connor has been so, so good the last two episodes.

As soon as the knowledge expanded beyond the plane and the children (esp Greg) it was only a matter of time. I don't think it matters or will be discussed.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the end of Shiv's statement to the press. She said she wouldn't be taking questions, but then she did, unprepared: "We intend to shepherd it through whatever its future may be." Did she just cause the stock to drop even more than it would have?
Joan Wilder
AG
Honestly, I had to pause quite a few times during the phone calls to Logan, particularly Shiv's. As others have noted, that was incredibly real if you've been through something similar. Just devastating writing and acting throughout that scene. At one point I found myself saying aloud "GO GET SHIV!"
Rudyjax
AG
Clarke95 said:

Honestly, I had to pause quite a few times during the phone calls to Logan, particularly Shiv's. As others have noted, that was incredibly real if you've been through something similar. Just devastating writing and acting throughout that scene. At one point I found myself saying aloud "GO GET SHIV!"
We kept saying, What about Connor?
localag88
As for the leak...

Who was on the phone to their broker first...Frank or Karl?

Frank seemed quite devastated on the plane...Karl not so much (the stiffener)
The problem with people that don't get it is they don't get that they don't get it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

Clarke95 said:

He is the eldest son.
localag88
Better people than you tell me that on a weekly basis.
The problem with people that don't get it is they don't get that they don't get it.
StringerBell
AG
For sure. It was a classic over confident moment for shiv basically proving her dad right that none of them are built to handle the moment. She could have just stuck with the statement but she had to add to it.
jackie childs
just an amazing episode of television.

i listened to a podcast a couple of weeks ago and one of the hosts suggested that Logan might die early in the season. it was complete speculation, no screeners of anything, but once i heard it, it just seemed inevitable. so that said, even though i was expecting it to happen, i was still floored by how effectively they handled it.
Rudyjax
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

Clarke95 said:

He is the eldest son.

Right. Why didn't they bother to try and get Connor?
The Milkman
AG
localag88 said:

As for the leak...

I assumed it was Tom/Greg. Didn't Tom say something to greg about "no leaks, but if there is let them know I was next to him on the plane" or something like that?
Leggo My Elko
AG
localag88 said:

As for the leak...

I thought that it was Greg.
TCTTS
AG
I don't know which is more shocking, Logan's death last night or Nicholaus Braun being cancelled not even 24 hours later…

One woman came forward below, and now there's a number of accusations from other women with first/second-hand experience saying he's a "creep," preys on underage girls, etc. He also apparently owns a bar in NY called Rey's, which is purported to be his stalking grounds. People are saying he brings women in who are under 21, gets them drunk, and then takes them home. It sounds like some of them are over 18, but still drinking illegally, which he encourages.

As always, who knows how much of this is true, but it's a pretty overwhelming response, and he's trending on Twitter now, so…

And then a whole thread of chatter...

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This doesn't really seem cancel material, for various reasons.

1. She neglects to mention what year this was. It could've easily been 10 years ago when he was 24.
2. Saying you're in high school is not the same as saying you're 16.
3. He may be a creep, but you declined, left, and that was the end of it. So where's the problem?
4. You probably shouldn't be at Coachella at 16 anyway.

As for her supposed friend, I mean who knows if that even happened. And if it did, I doubt she was forced into it if you weren't.

It does seem a bit creepy, but on the other hand....20-something guy tries to get lucky with an attractive girl at a music festival...truly shocking.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Wait, Connor's wedding was on a weekday?

I thought that was a poor people thing?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

It was a Friday - when they are toying with the idea of keeping the plane circled so as to not affect the stock price, someone (I think Shiv) mentions the next market open being Monday morning.
rynning
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

It was a Friday - when they are toying with the idea of keeping the plane circled so as to not affect the stock price, someone (I think Shiv) mentions the next market open being Monday morning.
Reporters know about Flight Aware!
Four Seasons Landscaping
Do rich people do Friday weddings? Am I weird that I've never even heard of one?

That's almost exclusively the rehearsal night based on my experience
tk for tu juan
And ATC communications
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This doesn't really seem cancel material, for various reasons.

1. She neglects to mention what year this was. It could've easily been 10 years ago when he was 24.
2. Saying you're in high school is not the same as saying you're 16.
3. He may be a creep, but you declined, left, and that was the end of it. So where's the problem?
4. You probably shouldn't be at Coachella at 16 anyway.

As for her supposed friend, I mean who knows if that even happened. And if it did, I doubt she was forced into it if you weren't.

It does seem a bit creepy, but on the other hand....20-something guy tries to get lucky with an attractive girl at a music festival...truly shocking.

He was 26 and the girl was 16. If it happened, whether she consented or not, or whether he assumed she was 18 or not, it doesn't matter. It's illegal. All these years later, is it something he'll go to jail for? Probably not. Is it all just talk for now? Yes. Regardless, the Twitter mob is out and he's trending, which is all it takes for studios/filmmakers to never hire him again. I'm not saying he's done for sure, but it's not looking good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Do rich people do Friday weddings? Am I weird that I've never even heard of one?

That's almost exclusively the rehearsal night based on my experience

Honestly I bet the entire reason for it was so Roman could pull out his phone and see the stock price crash to say that line "That's dad".

I did love that moment.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess this episode actually transcended beyond the typical Succession viewers somehow? That's a huge jump. But great to see.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This would allow for the possiblity of Kieran and Snook both winning Emmys in the lead categories, Jeremy Strong winning in supporting, and Brian Cox winning in the guest actor category.
TCTTS
AG
Long live weekly, episodic television…

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Four of the best episodes ever made. Great list.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Speaking of, for the moment, Connor's Wedding has overtaken Ozymandias to take the #1 spot of top-rated tv episodes of all time. The only two perfect 10's.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?num_votes=1000,&sort=user_rating,desc&title_type=tv_episode

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.