*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,911 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
StringerBell said:

i think she was crying because her brothers tried to **** her and go behind her back

i think the kids collectively are pretty solid. but they have no clue how to work together and end up competing with eachother becuase they think they can do a better job than eachother.

so it could never work, nor could it be one of the three of them becuase all of them have fatal flaws.
This is my take as well. Dad had them always competing to be his replacement. This competition made them all incapable of doing it. They all developed strengths and weaknesses, but when they actually work together they can be successful. If this theory is correct, an outside force is going to cause them to bond and fight it off.
MaroonStain
AG
That was an Intense Episode! Roman the Slayer, Kendall verging on redlining to meltdown, and Shiv on a roller coaster (I think she got news she lost the baby). Same great support by Jerri Karl Greg and as Tom.
Project Gemini
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Watch Karl get burned after it comes out that the projections are total bull****

As someone in finance at big corporate, that seen was pretty hilarious. Bringing sales and marketing execs that are just pulling **** out of their ass back to reality was actually a joy of mine.
As someone from the sales side, that happens to be very conservative in my forecasting, I know the type. We win as a team, and if we are unsuccessful, it is never the finance department's fault.
Why would it be the finance team's fault that you are unsuccessful at selling? On the success side, everyone puts their hand in the cookie jar as fast as possible in corporate life, that is absolutely not just limited to finance. Also, don't sales people typically get paid on performance plans that are agreed to prior to knowing that it was a successful year? You don't sound like a corporate team player
cone
AG
Quote:

They all developed strengths and weaknesses
what exactly is Kendall's strength?
Proposition Joe
cone said:

Quote:

I feel like we just saw it with that presentation.
PatAg
AG
Proposition Joe said:

cone said:

Quote:

bull****ting
Talking without saying anything
cone
AG
so a LARP

definitely strong
Proposition Joe
PatAg said:

Proposition Joe said:

cone said:

Quote:

bull****ting

Are we going to act like that isn't important in his world?
Counterpoint
AG
cone said:

Quote:

Rapping.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Shiv is such a c. "Maybe throw a stick in the spokes." After Mattson does exactly that, "Maybe you are giving this too much attention? Back off"
cone
AG
hell yes you're right
dave94
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Shiv is such a c. "Maybe throw a stick in the spokes." After Mattson does exactly that, "Maybe you are giving this too much attention? Back off"

He did go a bit far in showing his lack of support for the launch.. That tweet will take some major damage control to go away.
PatAg
AG
Proposition Joe said:

PatAg said:

Proposition Joe said:

cone said:

Quote:

bull****ting

Are we going to act like that isn't important in his world?

Right
Rudyjax
AG
Man, imagine being in a world where all you have to do is do a flashy presentation to make money and not actually deliver anything.

And then make others execute and then fire them when they fail your hair brained scheme.
cone
AG

jackie childs
bonfarr said:

No way Jerri goes down without exposing Roman's sexual harassment and peen picks right?
i don't think that's the trump card that people seem to think it is...
Bregxit
AG
jackie childs said:

bonfarr said:

No way Jerri goes down without exposing Roman's sexual harassment and peen picks right?

That's my thought. She participated with him willingly in the past. The relationship was there.
k20dub
AG
Has anyone else noticed that Kendall and Roman have each had a scene where a different version of the Succession theme song has played? Both times the song started playing while showing a prominent shot of each character. I may be reading too much into it but I bet we get one with Shiv next.
rynning
AG
k20dub said:

Has anyone else noticed that Kendall and Roman have each had a scene where a different version of the Succession theme song has played? Both times the song started playing while showing a prominent shot of each character. I may be reading too much into it but I bet we get one with Shiv next.
I've definitely noticed new variations of the theme in the last couple of episodes. Beautiful, by the way.
bonfarr
AG
Bregxit said:

jackie childs said:

bonfarr said:

That's my thought. She participated with him willingly in the past. The relationship was there.

He was her boss and had the ability to fire her.

The McDonalds CEO that was boning female execs left and right wasn't saved because they were willingly sleeping with him. Jerri is an attorney and too smart not to keep a trump card like that but maybe it's too much low hanging fruit for the writers to use.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Bregxit
AG
bonfarr said:

Bregxit said:

jackie childs said:

bonfarr said:

The McDonalds CEO that was boning female execs left and right wasn't saved because they were willingly sleeping with him. Jerri is an attorney and too smart not to keep a trump card like that but maybe it's too much low hanging fruit for the writers to use.

Not when she was belittling him knowing he got off to it and not when he sent the dick pic.
HtownAg92
AG
I could be wrong, but I did not get the impression that Roman was senior to Jerri at the time of the d pics. She was GC / CLO / Board level and he was one of the rotten kids running a division, that had to go to manager training camp to even move up.

From a legal standpoint, her issues would be "welcomeness" -- she willingly participated in the activity -- and failure to report.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bonfarr
AG
Bregxit said:

bonfarr said:

Bregxit said:

jackie childs said:

bonfarr said:

Not when she was belittling him knowing he got off to it and not when he sent the dick pic.

How would anyone know any of that? It's her word against his, all she has to say is he sent me unsolicited dick pics and forced his way into my hotel room and beat his meat.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bonfarr
AG
Roman was the boss's son and the family was the majority owner of the company, I'm no lawyer but I would expect regardless of what a hierarchy chart said it could be argued she felt she had no choice but to play along to keep her job.
Diggity
AG
I just don't see Succession going with sexual harassment to finish things out.
Malibu
TCTTS said:

mazzag said:

This was "The Fly" episode.

Seriously?

I agree that it was weakest episode of the season, but it was still damn good and better than 99% of everything else on TV. It was like one of those old crash test dummy videos, in super slow motion, stretched across 60 minutes… the anticipation, the slamming into the wall, the whiplash, limbs flailing, shards of glass flying through the air… and we're just in awe at the horror of it all, at how bad these three idiots are at playing this game. It was sobering, and absolutely excruciating, but in the best way.

Come season's end, I didn't think anyone was getting a happy ending, but now I'm wondering if it's going to be worse than we ever imagined.

I didn't see the same show that you saw. I saw a Roman having the balls to fire a studio head that was burning his companies money with a bad movie, and getting rid of an old mentor and someone he knows 100% is in it to advance themselves and undermine his position rather than a steady hand to help him guide the ship. I thought this episode showed that Roman has what it takes to be cutthroat at the highest level and while not Logan Roy, he can stand on his own two feet, and has the gravitas to run the show.

Kendall is a visionary and has a lot of terrible ideas but is an excellent hype man and showed discipline in not getting too far over his skis during the investor day presentation.

Shiv is a wheeler dealer and the quintessential board chair that can wrangle the big egos and move the chess pieces in the direction that serves her family's interests.

So, I didn't see a slow motion train wreck, I saw the Roy kids running a company and showing competence at the job, and starting to become 'serious people.' None of them can do it alone, and the question that the season will reveal is whether or not they can unite or whether or not their own individual egos will sabotage their collective strengths.
JYDog90
AG
ok, you convinced me.

I like this outcome.
BowSowy
AG
Admiral Adama said:

I saw a Roman having the balls to fire a studio head that was burning his companies money with a bad movie, and getting rid of an old mentor and someone he knows 100% is in it to advance themselves and undermine his position rather than a steady hand to help him guide the ship.
Those are the reasons he'll likely use. But I thought they showed both of those firings as emotional decisions from Roman, not business-savvy ones. He fired Joy because she brought up ATN's political leaning and mentioned trying to separate from it (which I suspect is a sticking point for him since his dad loved ATN first and foremost). And then fired Gerri because she all but said she doesn't think he can do what his dad did. Purely emotion driven, IMO.

I do think Roman has good business instincts, but his flaw is that he's too emotional and seems to care too much about honoring what his dad wanted.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
BowSowy said:

Admiral Adama said:

I saw a Roman having the balls to fire a studio head that was burning his companies money with a bad movie, and getting rid of an old mentor and someone he knows 100% is in it to advance themselves and undermine his position rather than a steady hand to help him guide the ship.
Those are the reasons he'll likely use. But I thought they showed both of those firings as emotional decisions from Roman, not business-savvy ones. He fired Joy because she brought up ATN's political leaning and mentioned trying to separate from it (which I suspect is a sticking point for him since his dad loved ATN first and foremost). And then fired Gerri because she all but said she doesn't think he can do what his dad did. Purely emotion driven, IMO.

I do think Roman has good business instincts, but his flaw is that he's too emotional and seems to care too much about honoring what his dad wanted.
This is exactly how I read it. They made professional...progress...in spite of their flaws. Everything we saw from the three kids the last two episodes were examples "a broken watch is right twice a day" to me.

Kendall - Big picture, visionary, future state idea guy - terrible, terrible in execution
Roman - Great instincts, light on his feet and in a room, details guy - has crippling daddy issues, even more so than his siblings somehow
Shiv - Elite strategy person, can read in between all lines, not afraid to pitbull someone - completely ****ed up inside (dad/brothers/secrets) and on the surface (Tom, conceding to her brothers organizationally knowing it's the wrong move, etc.)

I still see everything going down in flames. It would just be too off-theme for this season to have a "happy" ending where the kids collectively and successfully succeed their dad. I would be shocked.
TCTTS
AG
90-minute season finale…

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Roman fired both of those people because they didn't respect him enough.
MW03
AG
I want a version where they all flame out for one reason or another and the line of succession leads the board to putting Logan's eldest son in charge.

Old Buffalo
AG
Umm... he's a politician, not a businessman, man.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
agmag90
Connor as CEO
Greg as COO

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.