*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,956 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Definitely a bit of a stretch, but I also kind of love it…

I like it too but have a hard time believing a Brit would be that into baseball and know something that obscure. I love baseball and have been following the sport since I was 6 or 7 years old (since the mid 70's) and I've never heard of that guy.

Then again, that's a VERY unique name and maybe Jesse was googling taking 3 people out unassisted and happened to stumble upon that ballplayer and liked it and thought the name was funny, which it is.

If this turns out to be true, tip of the cap to you Armstrong, that's amazing.

ETA - Now if this guy was a cricket player who performed an unassisted triple play (don't know if that's even possible as I don't know the rules) then I would be TOTALLY on board.
jackie childs
Bravo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Would not hate this. My ideal ending is Tom winning, bringing Gerri with him, and making Shiv think she's got a secure spot, only to screw her at the last second. Maybe at the same time is actually screwing her, for good measure.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At this point I'm thinking no, but do y'all think we get any resolution to the Pierce acquisition?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Prosperdick
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Would not hate this. My ideal ending is Tom winning, bringing Gerri with him, and making Shiv think she's got a secure spot, only to screw her at the last second. Maybe at the same time is actually screwing her, for good measure.
Tom was the most loyal soldier and was absolutely willing to go to prison for years in order to prove it. I think him "winning" feels the most authentic and although he's despicable like the rest of them I kind of have a soft spot for Mr. Wambsgans.

Shiv treated him like absolute dog poop, especially their wedding night, and although he has tormented Greg since day 1 (just watch the pilot episode again, man he was brutal) Greg has proven he's just as much of a **** if not more, so hard to feel sorry for him.

I also think Mencken wants a yes man he can control and be loyal to him and Tom has already proven it with his early call of the presidency.

At this point I'll be mildly surprised if it's not Tom.

jackie childs
Possibly, but I think pierce was primarily about screwing Logan and with him gone, I don't know that it has much cache with the kids
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean true, but I was thinking Pierce could pursue legal action if the sibs decided not to follow through, same thing that happened when Elon tried to back out of his offer for Twitter.
JYDog90
AG
Ain't nobody got time for legal action in a 90 min finale
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm saying they know they have to follow through on the purchase, is all.
jh0400
AG
They may not if there is a financing contingency. Without their cut of the sale ex ATN they won't have the cash to pay for Pierce.
TyHolden
AG
just started season 3. it seems a little redundant.
tk for tu juan

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
StringerBell
AG
EVERYONE MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD MAX
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seven Costanza
AG
bonfarr said:

Are we sure Mencken is going to be the President?
Well of course. According to this show, if a news organization calls the election, it is automatically a done deal. If Tom hadn't made the call, who knows how it would have turned out.
Seven Costanza
AG
The Mattsen character has been inconsistent. In some scenes, he's in total control of the room, is two steps ahead of everyone, and can easily manipulate any situation. In other scenes, he's quite Aspergersy, which would make it difficult for him to understand the emotions of others, which would make it very difficult to manipulate people.
Seabreeze
Mattsen is screwed. Even with all the knives, Ultimately it's a family business
TriAg2010
AG
So speaking of the opening credits, isn't it oddly dated? It has a very 60s/70s vibe, but the Roy kids would have been growing up in the late 80s and early 90s.
PatAg
AG
Wow
HossAg
AG
I feel like I need to process that before making a judgement. I think it was a fitting ending. Not sure how I felt about how the conference room argument. Getting hung up on the kid dying thing felt a little stupid.
deer corn
What was the deal with Roman crying into Kendall's shoulder to open his stitches? Does he get off on pain and misery?
AG
I thought it was a great final episode. While it was predictable, I was still on the edge of my seat.

Final shot was interesting though, his dad's driver/security over his shoulder. Guessing they were implying Kendall could never get out of the shadow of his father.

Loved the power shot from the low angle of Tom in the car with his hand out.

Also, was Roman implying Ken's kids weren't his? I couldn't really understand what he said there but didn't rewind.
JDUB08AG
AG
Shivs turn back was too abrupt for me at the end. Honestly though, I like the ending. Had me all in on the Roy family only to have them **** it up one last time. It's appropriate.
Teddy Perkins
AG
"We are bull***** We are nothing." Roman's self awareness won this episode.
JYDog90
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

"We are bull***** We are nothing." Roman's self awareness won this episode.

Yeah, that quote should be the subtitle of the whole series.
GigEmJake17
AG
Ending was good. Not what I was personally rooting for, but it was done well. I like how they made us think Roman would be the one to flop.
Bigballin
AG
Great final episode and it played into the whole Bill Wambsganss theory.
lexofer
AG
deer corn said:

What was the deal with Roman crying into Kendall's shoulder to open his stitches? Does he get off on pain and misery?

I thought that was Kendall asserting dominance over him by pushing Romans head into his shoulder. Kendall was hurting him while simultaneously telling him he loved him.
lexofer
AG
210 said:

Final shot was interesting though, his dad's driver/security over his shoulder. Guessing they were implying Kendall could never get out of the shadow of his father.

Loved the power shot from the low angle of Tom in the car with his hand out.

Also, was Roman implying Ken's kids weren't his? I couldn't really understand what he said there but didn't rewind.

I thought the security guy was following to make sure he didn't kill himself. He was going into a depressive episode after that.

Yeah Roman said Kendall's kids weren't his.
AG
Good point. My immediate thought when he was walking towards the water was, "please don't end this with a suicide."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.