*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,926 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I could watch Roman riffing on Kerry's audition tape for at least 20 minutes straight...hell, maybe a full hour. That was fantastic.

"Then the sudden smile. Must...act...natural to fool the humans."

I was rolling.
TriAg2010
AG
BowSowy said:

Also, what is with the Kerry audition? That has to be a trial balloon from Logan to see who at ATN are yes men and who are not, right?

If it's a trial balloon by Logan, then Kerry isn't in on it. Hence her disdain at Greg when she was told it was focus grouped. Logan hasn't been shy employing nepotism / favoritism. I think it was simply Logan trying to make Kerry happy and it didn't work out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kerry might be my most hated person in the show, and that's saying a lot.

She's all the bark of Logan with none of the bite.
InternetFan02
AG
2 episodes in and Roman is pretty much batting 1000 on one liners. And Kendall plus Roman pitching on media ideas has not missed a beat- lost it when Kendall pitches the all Africa time slots and Roman says after hours we go full Clockwork Orange
Diggity
AG
When Kendall started jabbering about "all Africa, all the time", I couldn't help but picture him getting along famously with Patrick Bateman and his buddies

Quote:

Patrick Bateman:
Come on, Bryce. There are a lot more important problems than Sri Lanka to worry about.

Timothy Bryce:
Like what?

Patrick Bateman:
Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.
TriAg2010
AG
Shiv had a pretty good one at that. "Homework - the show."
MBAR
AG
There's so much tragic **** in this show. Episode one the whole Tom/Shiv scene. This one, everything with Connor with a slice of broken Roman on the side. Kendall showing how broken he is too when he gets triggered into negotiating as well.

The Kendall move is so satisfying for me because its seems like a complete 180 after the phone call from the Swede but honestly its hard to say that the about face doesn't fit. These kids are all triggered so damn much because they've all been constantly mind ****ed by Logan and each other. This show could be called Hurt People Hurt People.
InternetFan02
AG
Will need to rewatch episode 2 later but 3 things are sticking out for comedy gold so far

-all the media pitches - info snacks vs info parcels?

-Roman vs Tellis and his Harvard degree

-Greg trying to roast Logan and getting shut down with your old man still sucking cock at the county fair? Is this the 2nd or 3rd time we've had a reference to Greg's dad maybe he shows up at the wedding?
WES2006AG
AG
I think my favorite part about this show is there is nobody to root for. They are all horrible in their own unique ways.
Prosperdick
AG
WES2006AG said:

I think my favorite part about this show is there is nobody to root for. They are all horrible in their own unique ways.
I don't know, I find myself rooting for Greg and Roman...and Tom, but not as much.
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

I think this episode is the one time that Connor hasn't been just a device for outlandish comedy. I got major Cameron vibes going back to Ferris Bueller, that speech about not needing love seemed like a Cameron line to me, but it's apt in this scene. Connor is separate from the rest of the family, he needs Willa to love him, I thought that last scene was sweet between the two of them, just getting into bed to hold her, that was good. Though Connor is the first born he gets treated like the middle child, he has to do the most insane things to get attention from anyone, it's pretty tragic.

I'm getting pretty bored with Kendall in all honesty, I get almost annoyed when he shows up, his schtick has run it's course. I'm almost there with Shiv as well. Roman is really the only one of them that is compelling at this point. Culkin is really going to the next level IMO. He looks stressed, being pulled in two different directions, could go either way.

I agree with the earlier point, I think Logan actually does need him, it's not just gaslighting. Logan is mindful of his mortality, Roman might be the only one that doesn't want to put him in the ground if given a choice.

I don't know what Logan is thinking at the moment. He acknowledged that the kids have the juice to ask for more money, but he also doesn't want them to blow up the deal? Does he want the deal to die or not? He seemed proud to hear they have the data to backup going back to the table. Madsen reached out to Roman and Kendall directly, would he truly blow it up?

The audition tape stuff was gold, so good. Tom having Greg give the feedback was so great, Greg is so awkward that it gets to Curb or early episodes of The Office level for me, which is one of my favorite kinds of comedy, the cringe factor. "The arms aren't right." Want to know a good way to have a woman lose her mind? Criticize anything about her physically, coming from Greg I just loved it.
Diggity
AG
Quote:

I'm getting pretty bored with Kendall in all honesty, I get almost annoyed when he shows up, his schtick has run it's course. I'm almost there with Shiv as well. Roman is really the only one of them that is compelling at this point. Culkin is really going to the next level IMO. He looks stressed, being pulled in two different directions, could go either way.
agreed. Almost feels to be by design.

When Logan says they're not "serious people", that was an understatement.
bonfarr
AG
MaroonStain said:

Great Ep2! Many good lines but has Shiv's ass gotten bigger since season 3?

I think she was pregnant during the filming since she was about to pop last month
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Quinn
AG
Logan wants the deal to happen, but he can't help but be happy when the kids make a savvy business move. Same as his smirk when Kendall took the docs to the press conference at the end of S2. Yeah, it hurts him, but he loves to see them do something shrewd.
Max Power
AG
Quinn said:

Logan wants the deal to happen, but he can't help but be happy when the kids make a savvy business move. Same as his smirk when Kendall took the docs to the press conference at the end of S2. Yeah, it hurts him, but he loves to see them do something shrewd.
The irony is that asking for more money isn't their idea either. I think he wants them to try to go back to the table to see what Madsen does. If he goes for it, he gets more money. Felt like a classic reverse psychology thing, saying don't do this to a room full of children who can't control themselves. If Madsen doesn't and it threatens the sale it gives Logan the opportunity to come in, and clean it up, he has the chance to win either way. If the sale is put into limbo the kids' deal for Pierce gets shelved. Logan would have the opportunity to sweep in, get Pierce to take the sure thing from him who has the ability to get it done regardless of the other deal.
Diggity
AG
I was under the impression that both Logan and the kids needed the proceeds from the GoJo sale to purchase Pierce.
Proposition Joe
WES2006AG said:

Team Disgusting Brothers
MaroonStain
AG
Logan has provided a life for the four buffoons that very very small few in history have experienced. He wants them to stand up on their own two feet and makes their own moves to prosper. Yet, they are so spoiled, entitled and damaged that they are FING disappointments.

As said above, he was proud when Kendall made his play and was trying to make a statement in the karaoke room but they only saw their own misery and obstacles. It is hilarious and enjoyable to see these four disintegrate on the inside over four seasons.
Max Power
AG
Diggity said:

I was under the impression that both Logan and the kids needed the proceeds from the GoJo sale to purchase Pierce.

I'd have to rewatch season 2 but he didn't need to sell to acquire them back then, or were they discussing a merger? My memory is fuzzy on that aspect.
MBAR
AG
Diggity said:

I don't think Logan needs the sale to purchase Pierce. The kids definitely do, however.
Diggity
AG
you guys could be right.

If that were the case though, it seems like Logan could have figured out a million reasons to stall the sale to GoJo to prevent the kids from buying Pierce.
PatAg
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Milkman said:

I just don't get why Kendall would blow the deal and cost himself billions of dollars. There's got to be more than just to spite his dad

I read it more as wanting to spite Mattson as well. And maybe he wants to call his bluff.

I saw it as Kendall detecting weakness in Mattson's position, which is why he immediately asked Stewie for the valuation comps.
This is part of what I love about the show. Because I believe this could be possible, but also it could just be Kendall getting his pride back and is tired of people treating him like a peon.
Or a little of both
PatAg
AG
MaroonStain said:

Logan has provided a life for the four buffoons that very very small few in history have experienced. He wants them to stand up on their own two feet and makes their own moves to prosper. Yet, they are so spoiled, entitled and damaged that they are FING disappointments.

As said above, he was proud when Kendall made his play and was trying to make a statement in the karaoke room but they only saw their own misery and obstacles. It is hilarious and enjoyable to see these four disintegrate on the inside over four seasons.
Before we celebrate Logan too much, the kids are also all so completely ****ed up because of who Logan was as a father.
TCTTS
AG
Hahaha wow...

Tailgate88
AG
Prosperdick said:

WES2006AG said:

I don't know, I find myself rooting for Greg and Roman...and Tom, but not as much.

Roman is my favorite character in a TV series maybe all time. Dude is freaking hilarious and tragic and lovable and unpredictable all wrapped up into one.
Max Power
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Prosperdick said:

WES2006AG said:

Roman is my favorite character in a TV series maybe all time. Dude is freaking hilarious and tragic and lovable and unpredictable all wrapped up into one.
Roman watching the rocket explode on his phone is to this day the one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

Hahaha wow...

lmao WOW
Tailgate88
AG
MBAR said:

TCTTS said:

Hahaha wow...

lmao WOW
To save everyone else from Googling, that is Rupert Murdcoch.
Rudyjax
AG
Last episode they threw around BS and not hesitating over thousands.
TriAg2010
AG
PatAg said:

TriAg2010 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Milkman said:

I just don't get why Kendall would blow the deal and cost himself billions of dollars. There's got to be more than just to spite his dad

I read it more as wanting to spite Mattson as well. And maybe he wants to call his bluff.

I saw it as Kendall detecting weakness in Mattson's position, which is why he immediately asked Stewie for the valuation comps.
This is part of what I love about the show. Because I believe this could be possible, but also it could just be Kendall getting his pride back and is tired of people treating him like a peon.
Or a little of both

Exactly. It's all a sordid mix of business interest and personal vendetta. Kendall may see it as a legitimate opportunity to get a higher sale price, but it's a conversation they're only having because Shiv got pissed at Logan for helping Tom lock-up all the top divorce attorneys. She called Sandie right after learning her choices were unavailable.
Phrasing
AG
TriAg2010 said:

PatAg said:

TriAg2010 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Milkman said:

Or a little of both

Exactly. It's all a sordid mix of business interest and personal vendetta. Kendall may see it as a legitimate opportunity to get a higher sale price, but it's a conversation they're only having because Shiv got pissed at Logan for helping Tom lock-up all the top divorce attorneys. She called Sandie right after learning her choices were unavailable.

This is what makes this show so great. After a rewatch I see it as Kendall wanting to get back at Logan. I was convinced of that. But listening to all your theories, I can see it both ways. Great cliff hanger.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Episode 2 was phenomenal.
Love this show.

Roman is by far my favorite so far this season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jackie childs
So my son was watching Sky High tonight and one of the characters named Zach (the sidekick that glows) looked really familiar. Looked it up and it's none other than Cousin Greg!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.