*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,853 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just don't get why Kendall would blow the deal and cost himself billions of dollars. There's got to be more than just to spite his dad
Joan Wilder
AG
Why would Logan cut out Gerri?

She and Hugo watching that video was hysterical.
Proposition Joe
Not sure I can really believe Roman falling for this again.
The Milkman
AG
Clarke95 said:

I think it's because he thinks she's already considering herself as working for GoJo based on his comments when they were in the conference room
TCTTS
AG
This is one of the greatest shows of all time.

That was season-finale-level drama. In episode two.
TCTTS
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I absolutely can. It's Roman's Achilles heel, his fatal flaw. But the thing is, for the first time, I too actually believed Logan. They spent a chunk of the episode *showing* us just how lax and poorly run ATN is, and Roman legit *would* be great at whipping that place into shape. I think that's the irony of the whole thing, is that what Logan said to Roman is actually true this time.
Engine10
AG
I'm with this. Logan's seen the fat underbelly and wants to actually re-form, but he's out of time and allies, family's all that's left. Whether or not Roman can/will jump in again, I can't wait to see.
theSCHW4B
AG
I don't know about y'all, but I feel pretty cheated that we only got one karaoke song.
TCTTS
AG

MaroonStain
AG
Great Ep2! Many good lines but has Shiv's ass gotten bigger since season 3?
k20dub
AG
"Connor's still Connor but he won dinner with us at an auction"
Proposition Joe
TCTTS said:

Proposition Joe said:

I absolutely can. It's Roman's Achilles heel, his fatal flaw. But the thing is, for the first time, I too actually believed Logan. They spent a chunk of the episode *showing* us just how lax and poorly run ATN is, and Roman legit *would* be great at whipping that place into shape. I think that's the irony of the whole thing, is that what Logan said to Roman is actually true this time.

I get that it's Roman's weakness.. But at a certain point "Kid X is fooled once again that Logan is going to really give them significant power" kinda becomes repetitive.

Hopefully it's just setting up a stage where Roman grows a backbone and tells his Dad he's out.
BowSowy
AG
Proposition Joe said:

TCTTS said:

Proposition Joe said:

I get that it's Roman's weakness.. But at a certain point "Kid X is fooled once again that Logan is going to really give them significant power" kinda becomes repetitive.

Hopefully it's just setting up a stage where Roman grows a backbone and tells his Dad he's out.
I think it has to pay off in a real way this time, otherwise it feels repetitive and meaningless. Pay off with Logan actually giving him autonomous control and pay off with Gerri being out of the picture.

I don't know how this deal is going to go, but I feel like we got a glimpse of the end game of Roman in this episode.
BowSowy
AG
Also, what is with the Kerry audition? That has to be a trial balloon from Logan to see who at ATN are yes men and who are not, right?
Four Seasons Landscaping
If the show went another season she'd be dating a black dude.
Prosperdick
AG
Clarke95 said:

I think you answered your own question. Logan believed she was laughing at his new squeeze, that's enough for Jaws to swallow her whole. Well, if Jaws was wearing sunglasses indoors and everyone reported to him.
Prosperdick
AG
MaroonStain said:

It has but I'd still love to hit it.
Prosperdick
AG
BowSowy said:

Proposition Joe said:

TCTTS said:

Proposition Joe said:

I think it has to pay off in a real way this time, otherwise it feels repetitive and meaningless. Pay off with Logan actually giving him autonomous control and pay off with Gerri being out of the picture.

I don't know how this deal is going to go, but I feel like we got a glimpse of the end game of Roman in this episode.

Some legit great acting by Culkin at the end of this episode. Damn he was entranced and wanted to believe his dad.
TCTTS
AG
As much as I wanted a fifth and final season, I do admit that the feel of finality to this season so far is really working for me, and that it would have been a challenge to stretch all of this out for two full seasons. It feels right that it's all crescendoing now, in exactly this way, with this final Logan-vs-the-kids battle. They maybe could have gotten away with pulling a Mad Men or Breaking Bad and doing a final, extended season, divided up into two, eight-episode halves or something, but probably not.

That said, it's already driving my OCD insane that season three was only nine episodes, and that the series is going to end with 39 episodes instead of an even 40. I almost wish they would have done 11 this season to make up for it.
TCTTS
AG
Through two episodes, he's definitely my MVP so far.
Bregxit
AG
Why do I get the feeling that this all ends up with Logan having another stroke, dying and the kids ending up with everything anyway with a heavy dose of guilt?
PatAg
AG
This show is so great. It's so hard to tell what is genuine, what is a play, and what is a mix of both.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"On another man's dick."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Milkman said:

I just don't get why Kendall would blow the deal and cost himself billions of dollars. There's got to be more than just to spite his dad

I read it more as wanting to spite Mattson as well. And maybe he wants to call his bluff.
deer corn
MaroonStain said:

She was pregnant, I thought. But she is pregnant now. So who knows.

Thos outfits are not doing her any favors.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Roman might be the most interesting and emotionally complex character on the show. I absolutely believe he's ready to jump back in with his dad. He's been a victim of abuse his entire life and loves his abuser.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Btw that Roman line was tragically hilarious.

"Oh, no, everyone hits me. I'm ****ing annoying."
jackie childs
Danke schoen or twist and shout?
Proposition Joe
BowSowy said:

Also, what is with the Kerry audition? That has to be a trial balloon from Logan to see who at ATN are yes men and who are not, right?

That was my original thought, but they are certainly playing that as a misdirection as they went out of their way to show Kerry reacting to the kids telling her that Logan is going to betray her like all the others. On the walk back out to the car you could tell she was absolutely thinking about things. Could be a big misdirection though.

"I am going to take you apart like a human string cheese". God bless Greg.
rynning
AG
Can someone explain to me why Kendall doesn't want the deal to go through?
CC09LawAg
rynning said:

Can someone explain to me why Kendall doesn't want the deal to go through?
Unless there is something explicit that I've missed, I'm not sure there has been a stated reason.

I had the same question and after sleeping on it, my thinking is that Kendall is "the businessman" and has always seen himself as the big mover and shaker of the bunch.

When Mattson calls and basically tries to big dog him, Kendall doesn't want to be a pushover and sees this as a chance to make a "better" deal than his dad, at least when it comes to the numbers.

I think what Logan is trying to teach the kids in the karaoke room (presuming it's even partially genuine) is that sometimes the "best" deal isn't the one that is worth the most money - it's the one that is on the table.

For all their gripes with their dad, and you hear Shiv talk about it in hilarious fashion with him being the "human gaslight" or whatever - he is 100 times the shrewd businessman any of them will ever be but they just can't separate business from personal to listen to him.
Bregxit
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Milkman said:

I read it more as wanting to spite Mattson as well. And maybe he wants to call his bluff.

I think Kendall ultimately wants to show he is a "serious person" (hi Logan) by outmaneuvering two people (Logan and Mattson) who are currently far more powerful than he is. If he succeeds it puts him closer to being on their level and legitimizes him.
Proposition Joe
He's wanted to be the force his dad was since the start of the show - Mattson treated him like he was still "Logan's kid", and Kendall believes that Mattson never would have made a push like that to his old man (at least not in his prime).
BowSowy
AG
Proposition Joe said:

BowSowy said:

That was my original thought, but they are certainly playing that as a misdirection as they went out of their way to show Kerry reacting to the kids telling her that Logan is going to betray her like all the others. On the walk back out to the car you could tell she was absolutely thinking about things. Could be a big misdirection though.

"I am going to take you apart like a human string cheese". God bless Greg.
Could be that Kerry actually wants it to be a reality, and Logan is using it as a trial balloon.
TriAg2010
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Milkman said:

I saw it as Kendall detecting weakness in Mattson's position, which is why he immediately asked Stewie for the valuation comps.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.