*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,888 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Do rich people do Friday weddings? Am I weird that I've never even heard of one?

That's almost exclusively the rehearsal night based on my experience

Not sure about rich people but it isn't unheard of to have Friday or even Sunday weddings.
TCTTS
AG
The one thing I'm confused about is that the first episode of the season took place no longer than just a few days ago, in-universe. It might even be just two or three days ago. Either way, in the first episode, Connor pulls an audible on the original wedding plans, in order to save money for his final election push (an election that is only "days away"). And now, just a few days later, they've already got the new wedding planned, the boat/location secured, they booked the band, new invitations went out, etc? So was it spur of the moment, and that's why it's on a Friday? But if not, wouldn't Connor have *already* paid for the extravagant version of the wedding? I'm really confused by the timeline here.

Also, I read a rumor that the entire season takes place over 10 consecutive days, with each episode essentially comprising one day. Apparently Brian Cox said as much in a recent interview. Which seems, so far, to be true, and would support the idea that the first episode was only two days ago.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something hilarious to me about Kendall's story about Connor "eating victoria sponge for a week straight".
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This doesn't really seem cancel material, for various reasons.

1. She neglects to mention what year this was. It could've easily been 10 years ago when he was 24.
2. Saying you're in high school is not the same as saying you're 16.
3. He may be a creep, but you declined, left, and that was the end of it. So where's the problem?
4. You probably shouldn't be at Coachella at 16 anyway.

As for her supposed friend, I mean who knows if that even happened. And if it did, I doubt she was forced into it if you weren't.

It does seem a bit creepy, but on the other hand....20-something guy tries to get lucky with an attractive girl at a music festival...truly shocking.

He was 26 and the girl was 16. If it happened, whether she consented or not, or whether he assumed she was 18 or not, it doesn't matter. It's illegal. All these years later, is it something he'll go to jail for? Probably not. Is it all just talk for now? Yes. Regardless, the Twitter mob is out and he's trending, which is all it takes for studios/filmmakers to never hire him again. I'm not saying he's done for sure, but it's not looking good.
Seems a bit early to just be jumping to conclusions on unsubstantiated claims
TCTTS
AG
"As always, who knows how much of this is true…"

"If it happened…"

"… accusations… "

I'm jumping to no conclusions.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

"As always, who knows how much of this is true…"

"If it happened…"

"… accusations… "

I'm jumping to no conclusions.
Sorry I more meant people in general, I just replied to you because that was where the topic was.
Definitely could have done all of this stuff and is a creep, its just weird how people literally make it their life to jump on these trending twitter topics and basically make things up.
Maybe we will start seeing screenshots of DMs, like we did with D'Lia
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Quinn
AG
I think Real World San Diego Alum Jamie Chung is just that good of a wedding planner and was able to make Connor's dream wedding come true with 2 days notice.
979ag
AG
Not sure if I was the only one to catch this or not, but Tom was not using an iPhone when he called the siblings from the plane. Everyone else in the episode was using an iPhone.

If you know anything about Apple, and what characters they do and don't let use their products, that might have been a big hint at how Wambsgans character is about to develop
Captain Winky
Why are these videos always done by someone laying in bed rolling around?
Quinn
AG
I don't think they'll stick with one day per episode unless you think they will hold the funeral in the penultimate episode or finale.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Quinn said:

I don't think they'll stick with one day per episode unless you think they will hold the funeral in the penultimate episode or finale.

Listening the HBO podcast, they say they stick with 1 day per episode.
AG
Interesting, I just googled that because it sounded like BS. Wonder how they even enforce this?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Four Seasons Landscaping
Quote:

Not sure if I was the only one to catch this or not, but Tom was not using an iPhone when he called the siblings from the plane. Everyone else in the episode was using an iPhone.
People trying to look smart by pointing that out has already become a cliche on TikTok.
ChipFTAC01
AG
979ag said:

If you know anything about Apple, and what characters they do and don't let use their products, that might have been a big hint at how Wambsgans character is about to develop

Noticed the same.
High Functioning Moron
K.
979ag
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Quote:

People trying to look smart by pointing that out has already become a cliche on TikTok.
When I saw it, I immediately thought, "these writers know that people look out for these things. I bet that they are trying to build suspense that Tom is going to backstab someone and turn into a villian. But in reality, he is going to be the hero in the end."

Some kind of twisted reverse psycology by the writers
Four Seasons Landscaping
Personally, I can't really tell the difference but did feel like they were going overboard with showing the phones in this episode, even with the large role they played in the plot.

Probably something bigger to it like you pointed out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is probably me overthinking it, but did Logan even have the authority to fire the CEO without board approval?
jackie childs
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is probably me overthinking it, but did Logan even have the authority to fire the CEO without board approval?
probably not, but then again, Logan was never the type to concern himself with traditional notions of corporate governance
Prosperdick
AG
TCTTS said:

Redstone
AG
How early were you in on the show?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Found it interesting that apparently Matt McFadyen was at his home in London while speaking on the phone to the siblings (obviously he was on a soundstage in the States for the shots of him on the plane). Wonder if some of the static/breaking up of the phone connection was actually somewhat real.
JDUB08AG
AG
I kept waiting for Logan to pop up and this be his ultimate sinister act. I was that shocked this episode would be the one where he died. Bravo.
Prosperdick
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I kept waiting for Logan to pop up and this be his ultimate sinister act. I was that shocked this episode would be the one where he died. Bravo.
I also expected when the kids initially told Connor that the plane was turning around he would exclaim "Yes, I knew Dad wouldn't miss this day for me!" Cut to cringe looks from the trio.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reagan, with tweaks.
jackie childs
It's kinda crazy that Tom would trust Greg to just delete the "Logistics" file after the whole cruise file shredding issue, right?
cone
AG
I hope the rest of this show is how quickly the kids lose control of everything and end up with next to nothing.
rynning
AG
cone said:

I hope the rest of this show is how quickly the kids lose control of everything and end up with next to nothing.
The kids own shares right? But whats in Logan's will?
Phrasing
AG
Is Logan still technically married to Marcia? I wonder if she comes back into play.
CoppellAg93
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Me too. At one point they showed a body on the floor and the flight attendant was giving chest compressions, and you could see a hand on an armrest in the row behind where they were. Figured it was Logan watching the whole thing. Just couldn't rationalize why he would fake dying though.
Teddy Perkins
AG
The only thing that pissed me off about this last episode is that Better Call Saul and Rhea Seehorn are not going to get the awards they deserve.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.