*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,834 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Phrasing said:

Is Logan still technically married to Marcia? I wonder if she comes back into play.
as far as we know from on-screen content, they are still married. and further, i think one of her demands in S3 was to "finalize her role" in the family trust. so unless they changed that off-screen, it's difficult to imagine her not coming back into play.

PatAg
AG
Phrasing said:

Is Logan still technically married to Marcia? I wonder if she comes back into play.
Good call out, surely she will be making a return. I also assume the contents of Logan's will ends up being a major source of conflict, depending how often he updated it or if he would update it to reflect his relationship with his various kids.
jackie childs
PatAg said:

Phrasing said:

Good call out, surely she will be making a return. I also assume the contents of Logan's will ends up being a major source of conflict, depending how often he updated it or if he would update it to reflect his relationship with his various kids.
possibly, though based on the focus on the family trust, it seems like the bulk of logan's waystar stock is likely held in that trust and would not pass via his will.

i think it's still the same basic conflict though...just shifted to a fight over who the trustee is instead of who inherits his stock.
High Functioning Moron
What would be in the "Logistics" folder that needs to be deleted? More cruise stuff or something else?
The Milkman
AG
High Functioning Moron said:

What would be in the "Logistics" folder that needs to be deleted? More cruise stuff or something else?
I got the sense it was stuff related to the firing of Gerri and Cyd and then transition plans
Rudyjax
AG
You would think they would know that nothing gets deleted.

Counterpoint
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

JDUB08AG said:

I kept waiting for Logan to pop up and this be his ultimate sinister act. I was that shocked this episode would be the one where he died. Bravo.
Me too. At one point they showed a body on the floor and the flight attendant was giving chest compressions, and you could see a hand on an armrest in the row behind where they were. Figured it was Logan watching the whole thing. Just couldn't rationalize why he would fake dying though.

That was Logan's ghost watching the proceedings so he could give one last "f off" before moving on.
Quinn
AG
I'm surprised by how many people on the thread thought that Logan was going to make it or that it was some kind of fake out. I thought it was pretty clear from the first conversation with Tom that Logan was dead. Guess that we have a bunch of Romans on the thread.
TriAg2010
AG
jackie childs said:

It's kinda crazy that Tom would trust Greg to just delete the "Logistics" file after the whole cruise file shredding issue, right?

I think Tom panicked because - in his words - he lost his protector. I think Tom manages to find his was to prison after all.
PatAg
AG
TriAg2010 said:

jackie childs said:

It's kinda crazy that Tom would trust Greg to just delete the "Logistics" file after the whole cruise file shredding issue, right?

I think Tom panicked because - in his words - he lost his protector. I think Tom manages to find his was to prison after all.
Not a bad call out, I think there is bound to be a couple tragic endings for some characters if not all.
But also the show is somewhat based in reality, and some characters are bound to 'win' in this scenario too
Straight Talk
AG
Gerri's hurried phone calls, dumping her shares before the crash?
Quinn
AG
I'm curious about this one as well. I wonder if they'll circle back to it? Probably not, but seemed to be dropping some kind of clue.
rynning
AG
Straight Talk said:

Well that's illegal, and she should know that better than anyone, but this is TV after all…
jackie childs
Straight Talk said:

yeah, i just can't imagine the interim CEO and (current or former) GC engaging in egregious insider trading.

i wondered if she was leaking it to the press or maybe talking to Karl/Frank/Karolina
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gerri is not that dumb to commit such blatant insider trading.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Visiting Texas for the week and I'm excited I get to watch it an hour "early" tonight.
mazzag
AG
Did we figure out who leaked? Was it Jess, Ken's assistant?
Tobias Funke
AG
Ok I finally watched last week's episode.

Yesterday I was scrolling Twitter and Mike Rhyner (formally of The Ticket) posted "catching up on succession. Logan is gay??" And I was so mad bc I thought that was the spoiler and I had it ruined and I was expecting it going into this episode.

I think somehow it made the real twist even more amazing for me. What a rollercoaster.

Incredible episode
Engine10
AG
Don't know how you too last week, but gotta work on the setup for the big finish tonight. Can't wait!
mazzag
AG
Good Lowered!
Tobias Funke
AG
Another amazing episode. Everyone turning on everyone before the body even gets cold.

The will stuff was slightly hard to follow / comprehend from a legal standpoint, but I'm sure this thread will provide some clarity. I actually thought near the end of the episode that maybe it didn't matter anymore, and then Kendall was staring at the picture on his phone. Could be material, or could just be a great way to show that even in death Logan is just making Kendall doubt himself.
TCTTS
AG
We might very well be witnessing one of greatest television seasons of all time. This is some epic, backstabbing, heartbreaking, Shakespearean sh*t. So many highly charged, emotionally suppressed, series-long threads coming to a head, weaving together in brilliant fashion. Just incredible stuff all around.

Also, that's four consecutive days across four consecutive episodes now. I think the ten consecutive days, ten consecutive episodes thing is looking more and more like a reality now.
AG
Great episode. I find myself pulling for Tom, especially after Karl's remarks.

Did we know Shiv was pregnant before this episode? I'm not sure where they are going with that storyline, but I imagine it will be Tom's lifeboat. I also wonder if it impacted her quickly accepting her brothers as Co-CEOs and her being left out. Although she certainly wasn't happy at the end of the episode.
TCTTS
AG
We did not know that Shiv was pregnant. Big surprise. Considering the doctor said she's 20 months, and the end of season three took place roughly three months ago, yeah, one would assume that it's Tom's, having done the deed before he shivved Shiv.
BowSowy
AG
I appreciated that the end of Karl's dressing down of Tom didn't end with a "well that's what they may say" like it did in the teaser last week.

Also, I was confused this episode. They kept saying the board will decide. I guess the discussion with Gerri, Karl, Frank, Stewie, and the kids constituted the majority of the board? I can't remember if all of them are on the board or not.
Bregxit
AG
TCTTS said:

We did not know that Shiv was pregnant. Big surprise. Considering the doctor said she's 20 months, and the end of season three took place roughly three months ago, yeah, one would assume that it's Tom's, having done the deed before he shivved Shiv.
She also fell down the stairs this episode. I guarantee she loses the baby now.
BowSowy
AG
Shiv falling down stood out to me. I wonder if that'll lead to a miscarriage?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
The "is it an underline or a scratch through" was brutal. Ken will never know and it will eat at him for the rest of his life
-Ben There/R.C.
TCTTS
AG
BowSowy said:

I would be shocked if they introduced a thread that big only to then kill it basically 50 minutes later. Rather, I think the fall was to simply add insult to injury at the end of a long day. That said, who knows…
BowSowy
AG
TCTTS said:

BowSowy said:

I would be shocked if they introduced a thread that big only to then kill it basically 50 minutes later. Rather, I think the fall was to simply add insult to injury at the end of a long day. That said, who knows…
Man, I don't know. Maybe it's an insult to injury situation. But they did also set up that phone call before the intro. And then we saw Tom try to have a heartfelt moment with Shiv. And then Shiv got iced out by the siblings. Falling down after she learned she was 20 weeks pregnant was clearly a deliberate decision, imo.
k20dub
AG
TCTTS said:

We might very well be witnessing one of greatest television seasons of all time. This is some epic, backstabbing, heartbreaking, Shakespearean sh*t. So many highly charged, emotionally suppressed, series-long threads coming to a head, weaving together in brilliant fashion. Just incredible stuff all around.

Also, that's four consecutive days across four consecutive episodes now. I think the ten consecutive days, ten consecutive episodes thing is looking more and more like a reality now.

Especially since Mattson's people asked if they come come in the next 24 hours and the preview has them in Sweden next episode. So definitely tracks.
Tobias Funke
AG
TCTTS said:

BowSowy said:

I think this too
TCTTS
AG
If she miscarried there at the end, she would have had next to no emotional journey, re: the pregnancy, no other character would have known, and it would affect the plot in basically no way. Why introduce a pregnancy only to then drop a plotline that significant in the very same episode, without it affecting literally anything? I'm not saying it won't happen, but that would make absolutely no sense to me.
BowSowy
AG
"Grey beard" Gerri, Karl, and Frank still have a play here. I wonder of the Mattson deal falls through and then it's a scramble to the bottom.
BowSowy
AG
TCTTS said:

If she miscarried there at the end, she would have had next to no emotional journey, re: the pregnancy, no other character would have known, and it would affect the plot in basically no way. Why introduce a pregnancy only to then drop a plot line that significant in the very same episode, without it affecting literally anything? I'm not saying it won't happen, but that would make absolutely no sense to me.
If this thing goes to a place where the Gojo sale does not go through, and it's a fight for more than just an interim CEO - Shiv just got iced out with Ken and Roman with lots of foreshadowing to them screwing her over.

If the sale does not go through, you suddenly have sideline players like Connor, Marcia, their mother, Ewan (Greg) coming to the forefront. They have all been content getting their millions/billions from the sale. You even saw it with Karl talking about wanting his money and getting out. I just feel like this sale is going to tank and it's going to get messy. Shiv getting screwed by Kendal and Roman and also suffering a miscarriage may play into that quite a bit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.