*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,848 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Ervin Burrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found myself wondering how much Tom and Shiv'a triplex would go for last episode.
Quinn
AG
Logan's place is across the street from the Met, I believe. It would be worth an absurd amount of money.
TCTTS
AG
https://nypost.com/2023/01/18/inside-the-building-successions-shiv-roy-will-call-home/
https://www.stevenharrisarchitects.com/projects/tribeca-penthouse
Ervin Burrell
AG
TCTTS said:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/18/inside-the-building-successions-shiv-roy-will-call-home/

Dang-"only" 6 mil. Was thinking 12-15 while watching but obviously it's hard to judge just how large it is on television.
Bregxit
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

TCTTS said:

Dang-"only" 6 mil. Was thinking 12-15 while watching but obviously it's hard to judge just how large it is on television.

That's the 3600 sq ft unit below the penthouse Shiv lives in.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Bregxit said:

Ervin Burrell said:

TCTTS said:

That's the 3600 sq ft unit below the penthouse Shiv lives in.

That'd explain it.
jackie childs
Or as Mondale calls it, the House of Neglect
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quinn said:

Logan's place is across the street from the Met, I believe. It would be worth an absurd amount of money.

Based on the interior shots, if it were real I'd think $50M+ for sure.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I could of course end up being wrong, but I just don't see how things could get any more shocking than Logan's death, especially as a surprise so early in the season.
mazzag
AG
I wonder if Tom has a deadly disease. He's been "tired" from the beginning of last weeks. That would be shocking.
J.P. 03
AG
TCTTS said:

I could of course end up being wrong, but I just don't see how things could get any more shocking than Logan's death, especially as a surprise so early in the season.

I agree with you, but I guess technically it could be argued that you at least knew it was likely coming at some point in the show; the surprise was just the timing of it.

In contrast, if they kill off another main character, that would be both a shock in terms of the event itself AND it likely happening quickly/out of nowhere. The scene in Better Call Saul when Lalo shoots Howard comes to mind as a potential comparison.
TCTTS
AG
I'm halfway through and this is so damn tense and compelling that I had to stop and take a breather. Tonight feels like what the entire series has been leading to; three idiot children deciding the literal fate of the country, based on a personal business deal they do/don't want to see go through. Just absolutely incredible stuff.
mazzag
AG
That was intense but not shocking.
JDUB08AG
AG
Went a little too hard on the Mencken/facism angle for my taste - was expecting it, but not quite that much.

The way Shiv was outed was great. Her own arrogance and entitlement cost the country a chance at potus that fits with her world view.

Overall, great episode though. Really high tension and anxious to see where it goes.
PatAg
AG
Lol
It's a fictional TV show character running for president, not real life
JDUB08AG
AG
PatAg said:

Lol
It's a fictional TV show character running for president, not real life

Oh I'm fully aware of the hyperbolic nature and I even said I was ready for it. Just went a bit further than even I was anticipating. That's it.
AG
JDUB08AG said:

The way Shiv was outed was great. Her own arrogance and entitlement cost the country a chance at potus that fits with her world view.
That and the scene where she told Tom she was pregnant were my favorites, just terrific acting.

The sentiment you shared above is true for all 3 siblings though. They all supported their candidates based on arrogance and personal gain.
AG
Also Greg being the one to deliver the bombshell that will forever shape America was just perfect.
JDUB08AG
AG
210 said:

JDUB08AG said:

That and the scene where she told Tom she was pregnant were my favorites, just terrific acting.

The sentiment you shared above is true for all 3 siblings though. They all supported their candidates based on arrogance and personal gain.

Oh totally. The difference is that Roman isn't hiding anything. His cards are all out on the table. They are all terrible but Shiv was trying to sneak one past them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A little eh on the episode so far, feels like it could've been all a cold open or maybe ten minutes of an episode, but I just saw Greg pour a can straight into the dude's eyes and I can't stop laughing. It's so dumb. It's straight out of a slapstick comedy.
Tobias Funke
AG
That conference room scene where Shiv got busted was an A++++. You could see her reverting to little girl disappointing Daddy in like 2 seconds as Ken caught on.

I need to rewatch this episode because the pace was ridiculous, but it was kind of a breath of new air from the rest of the season.

Also, "Greg, don't put any more wasabi or lemon water in his eyes" was the line of the night
Captain Winky
What am I missing here? How does a news channel making a call have any bearing whatsoever on an election? It doesn't change anything?
mazzag
AG
210 said:

JDUB08AG said:

But Ken was thinking about his daughter. He was willing to sway an election for her feelings.
PatAg
AG
He's concerned that Roman is the one with the connection to Mencken, and correctly so
TCTTS
AG

Old Buffalo
AG
"ITS NOT THAT LEMON-Y!"
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
TCTTS
AG
That was absolutely brutal, in the best possible way. So far, with only two episodes left, this season continues to be up there with some of the all-time greats.
TX04Aggie
AG
Lol at connors concession speech….
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Man am I glad I missed this post. Nothing worse than getting hyped up for a shocking twist that never comes.
TCTTS
AG
Captain Winky said:

What am I missing here? How does a news channel making a call have any bearing whatsoever on an election? It doesn't change anything?

Did you not live through 2020? Granted, it's not quite the same, but Fox calling Arizona for Biden was basically the inciting incident that cracked open the door to a flood of endless stolen election rhetoric going on three years now + Jan 6. That call was almost assuredly direct inspiration for tonight's episode, except with a twist.
Engine10
AG
Holy **** what a ride. What a payoff. I'm with that quote above, gotta watch that one again.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Man am I glad I missed this post. Nothing worse than getting hyped up for a shocking twist that never comes.

Shocked was probably the wrong word. "Dreadful," Manic," "Stressfull," or "Depressing" would have been more appropriate. Either way, that was an all-timer for me.
GreasenUSA
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Yeah, I wish I wouldn't have read it. I kept waiting for something.

Another great episode though. Looks like Roman has moved to leader of the pack.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Definitely feels like that decision is gonna be the downfall of everyone. The episode itself was good, but I'm not sure I'm all that thrilled about an election this series has barely mentioned other than a couple episodes, ends up being the unraveling of the whole thing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.