*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,865 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shiv to her mom's new husband

"He spoke of you often"

Prosperdick
AG
Ken: He made life happen. He made me and my three siblings.
Caroline: Ummmm, WTF?!?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Shut up, mom.
Teddy Perkins
AG
NM
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I 100% thought Roman was going to jump off the roof at the end when he rushed out of the room.

Yea, I really thought he was going to die

Didn't like that he fell apart. Really wanted him to win, but who knows what will happen
-Ben There/R.C.
Sex Panther
AG
Privacy

P*ssy

Pasta
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Obviously a lot of highlights during the actual funeral scene, but have to say the most fascinating scene was at the wake. All of these characters, whom we've been made to believe are owners of the universe over multiple seasons of television, having next to no impact in swaying Mencken. The fictional most powerful person in the world absolutely turning his nose up to every single one of our familiar characters and their obvious hang-ups was honestly satisfying and terrifying at the same time.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Except for my guy Tom who finally gets to take a nap.
Aggie09Derek
AG

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Not that I need another reason to convince me that Succession is a good show but I realized I was in too deep when it upset me that Jess is trying to quit. We need you, Jess. You're making a mistake.
TCTTS
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Obviously a lot of highlights during the actual funeral scene, but have to say the most fascinating scene was at the wake. All of these characters, whom we've been made to believe are owners of the universe over multiple seasons of television, having next to no impact in swaying Mencken. The fictional most powerful person in the world absolutely turning his nose up to every single one of our familiar characters and their obvious hang-ups was honestly satisfying and terrifying at the same time.

Right there with you. Well put.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

I had the same thought about Tom. Matson needs an "American stooge president of ATN" and if Tom doesn't check all of those boxes I don't know who does.
SamHou
Going back to my original prediction: Greg ends up as CEO.
He leverages:
his grandfather's power,
the cozy relationship he formed with Mattson,
and takes Tom's advice of "Information, Greg. It's like a bottle of fine wine. You store it, you horde it, you save it for a special occasion and then you smash someone's ****ing face in with it."

Show ends with Tom becoming Greg's "Greg"
Quinn
AG
Greg is not going to be CEO, this isn't VEEP.

I'm not too worried about making predictions, besides that the three main kids and Tom will all be miserable in the end.

I am curious how much time the finale will cover and if they'll stick with the one/two days that each episode has been.
CFTXAG10
AG
Quinn said:

I am curious how much time the finale will cover and if they'll stick with the one/two days that each episode has been.
Gotta have some shenanigans leading up to the board vote and then the actual board vote itself. That should take quite a bit of the chunk of the finale.
JYDog90
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Quinn said:

Gotta have some shenanigans leading up to the board vote and then the actual board vote itself. That should take quite a bit of the chunk of the finale.
Here's my guess:

Mattson cut a deal with Mencken for a US CEO at Shiv's suggestion and with her legwork. At the last minute, Mattson makes Connor CEO. Frank, Gerri, and Karl all really run the show, Tom and Greg are still at ATN. The Roy trio gets screwed and Mencken ends up dealing with a moronic figure head.
boy09
AG
Willy Wonka said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Quinn said:

Here's my guess:

Mattson cut a deal with Mencken for a US CEO at Shiv's suggestion and with her legwork. At the last minute, Mattson makes Connor CEO. Frank, Gerri, and Karl all really run the show, Tom and Greg are still at ATN. The Roy trio gets screwed and Mencken ends up dealing with a moronic figure head.
Connor has made it pretty clear through the entire show that he's not too interested in any of the business dealings.
PatAg
AG
I think there is a real chance all of the siblings are cut out of the family business at the end of this. I dont know if this scenario results in them having large bankrolls and the freedom to try to get their own ventures up and running (like the plan they initially tried to start), or if they are just stuck being rich but with no real liquidity or role at the company.
They technically are in an agreement to purchase that other news company, so that has to be resolved in some kind of way too right?
k20dub
AG
We also haven't really seen how all of the inheritance stuff will work out, correct? That was a key storyline in like episode 3, and haven't heard much about it since.
EclipseAg
AG
Wasn't there a quick scene in the preview where Tom is striding confidently into the board room followed by an entourage?

I think he winds up CEO. The sibs are cut out. And Tom divorces Shiv.
CoppellAg93
AG
MaroonStain said:

Episode was meh for me but I also am not a fan of funerals.
Having just gone through my father's funeral in February, I was somewhat squirming in my chair the whole episode.
BowSowy
AG
Willy Wonka said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Quinn said:

Here's my guess:

Man, if Connor or Greg (or to a lesser extent, Tom) becomes CEO it would just undermine all of the greatness the writers have built up. I find it extremely unlikely that they decide to throw a curveball at the last minute and put a "funny"/meme character as CEO.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Learned something new today.
Bones08
AG
Yea, not a chance Connor or Greg end up as the American CEO imo. Kendall, Tom, Shiv, one of the old garb all make much more sense. Even Roman, although I think this last episode officially strikes him off the list.

I think it's either going to be Kendall or Tom. Mencken is going to have plenty of influence on the decision which eliminates Shiv. This all assumes that Mattson is able to move forward which of course isn't a sure thing either.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I saw Shiv lost pretty hard last episode. Roman lost pretty hard this episode. And now Kendall is due to lose pretty hard (again) in the finale. The Colin interaction opens that up; I bet there's something there.

That leaves Tom. Or everyone gets shut out and loses. Those are my two guesses.
Quinn
AG
PatAg said:

I think there is a real chance all of the siblings are cut out of the family business at the end of this. I dont know if this scenario results in them having large bankrolls and the freedom to try to get their own ventures up and running (like the plan they initially tried to start), or if they are just stuck being rich but with no real liquidity or role at the company.
They technically are in an agreement to purchase that other news company, so that has to be resolved in some kind of way too right?
I think this is most likely. They're left rich beyond belief, but without the business, which seems to be the only thing that truly means anything to them.
StringerBell
AG
logan reminds me so much of my dad and shiv asking his colleagues "what was he really like" hit me hard becuase that's exactly something ive considered doing since my dad's death to my dad's old employees just to get a different side of him.

authentic as hell. tremendous writing.
JAggie2007
AG
When Mattson got off the phone with Shiv talking about an American CEO it looked like he was looking at someone in the car with him. After that shot we saw Kendall and Roman still at the wake. Tom wasn't still there though as Shiv told him to go back to the apartment so I think there's a good chance it could be him.
Prosperdick
AG
Tom as CEO and Greg as his Greggy food taster to ensure he's not poisoned.
Tobias Funke
AG
If Mattson decided to go the "American CEO" route, why would he call Shiv immediately after to tell her if he had somebody else in mind? Just to be a dick?

I don't see that twist happening, but I also don't think Shiv ends up on top. Gotta be something else.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Are the writers REALLY in to obscure German references or am I just an uneducated rube?
Diggity
AG
I was thinking the same.

Love the writing on this show, but they definitely get a little bit too clever for their own good sometimes
Bregxit
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Are the writers REALLY in to obscure German references or am I just an uneducated rube?

How many times has Mencken been referred to as a Nazi?
jackie childs
another amazing episode...i don't know where succession will rank in my all-time great pantheon of television shows, but i really think that top to bottom, it has the best acting performances of anything i've seen. the performances of the primary, secondary and even tertiary characters is just consistently great.

and while i don't think we're going to get a happy ending, i just can't help it...i really want a scenario where shiv learns that matsson is going with someone else as his american ceo and ken/roman learn that mencken is not going to kill the deal. the result is the three siblings finally all truly being aligned and they come together to try and convince the Board to kill the deal.
jrrhouston98
AG
Did anyone else see Mattson raging and having a meltdown in the preview for the final episode? That's what it looked like to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.