*** SUCCESSION *** (Season 4)

138,761 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MASAXET
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know this person's life, but at any point would you describe it as about as choreographed as a dog getting ****ed on roller skates?
StinkyPinky
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Yes, it's an odd bump, but I had to share.

Last week, a CEO's personal assistant contacted me about ghostwriting a book for him, giving me this description of her boss,

"He's a very young guy for having accomplished so much, lots of social media followers, and is successful in his personal life, brands and businesses he grew. Real laid back, very dry, very crass, but incredibly kind."

So that literally sounded like something that Kendall Rpy would have his assistant say about him before a meeting.

That meeting was an hour ago on Zoom. Guy is 38-40, wearing a black Mercedes Benz ballcap inside his study, with models of Ferraris and Porsches and an autographed picture of him with Jay-Z right over his shoulder. He's wearing black and he holds his hands up and says with no prior introduction:.

"I do social media. I also own quite a few different companies. People have been asking me to write a book for a while. I'm not that big of a reader, but a lot of people like to learn that way. So 2 weeks ago, I decided to write a book."

I was like biting my tongue about how ridiculous the parallel was.

After we talked details, I said, "Can I answer any other questions for you about me?" and he replied. "No, my assistant shortlisted you and said you were a good choice, so whatever, I guess you're the guy."

Haha, that is outstanding.
TriAg2010
AG

After we talked details, I said, "Can I answer any other questions for you about me?" and he replied. "No, my assistant shortlisted you and said you were a good choice, so whatever, I guess you're the guy."

You have the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever and turn him down.
The Porkchop Express
My followup interview with almost Kendall Roy is today, so stay tuned for an update. A full hour of him should be fantastic.

My wife and I have gotten to calling this guy Kendall Roy so much that when his real name came up on my phone today for a Zoom call later, I had no idea who it was.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
E
AG
One moment that had me rolling was when Tom talked about the size Greg's girlfriends bag. If you could put in "ludicrously capacious", monstrous, gargantuan, or the best line of you could slide it across the floor after a bank job.

If he is the oldest son, you have to slip something about being the eldest boy.
The Porkchop Express
Well in typical Kendall fashion, he has stood me up with no reason or communication. Probably off somewhere doing blow off Naomi Pierce's ass.

The silver lining is he paid half upfront.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Because his dad told him to.
The Porkchop Express
Almost Kendall is LIVE!

Will post some updates in a bit.

The Porkchop Express
Highlights of the call

He worked for 1-1/2 years going to bed at 12, waking up at 3:30, doing 1 hour of cardio, then 40 mg of aderall, and then staying "alive" with 3-4 energy drinks a day.

He was way into competitive bodybuilding for a while and was "pretty massive"

He realized he had "some semblance of success 'when he was making $50,000 a month.

He decided to get some perspective so instead of working nonstop he bought a Range Rover SVR.

Your body can take a lot mor than you think, but most people are too soft to realize it.

When he got to $100,000 a month he thought he'd have a moment of Zen, but he didn't.

He's got 14 companies, about to sell one for $40 million and when he gets that money it "won't mean h **** to him."

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, the only way I could get through however long it's going to take to finish this project is to find subtle and clever ways to mock him without him realizing. Because this guy sounds like an absolute tool.
MW03
AG

Highlights of the call

He worked for 1-1/2 years going to bed at 12, waking up at 3:30, doing 1 hour of cardio, then 40 mg of aderall, and then staying "alive" with 3-4 energy drinks a day.

He was way into competitive bodybuilding for a while and was "pretty massive"

He realized he had "some semblance of success 'when he was making $50,000 a month.

He decided to get some perspective so instead of working nonstop he bought a Range Rover SVR.

Your body can take a lot mor than you think, but most people are too soft to realize it.

When he got to $100,000 a month he thought he'd have a moment of Zen, but he didn't.

He's got 14 companies, about to sell one for $40 million and when he gets that money it "won't mean h **** to him."

The Porkchop Express
Yeah, when the 26 year old millionaire says he didn't give a **** about making $40 million to the guy who will be 50 in 2 weeks and will be paying college tuition for 2 people at the same time in 6 years, it's really hard not t o say, "Why don't you throw a little of that my way? Because I would definitely appreciate it."
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Ask him how much his dad gave him in his trust to get these "companies" off the ground. I've heard this story before. That's why is he wants to have a book written so he can paint the narrative instead of the truth that daddy gave him $20 million and a team to launch whatever he wanted and the kid lifted weights and chilled all day and occasionally jumped on zoom calls
The Porkchop Express
Well the guy is paying me money to write a book, so antagonizing him doesn't seem the best way forward here.
Proposition Joe

Well the guy is paying me money to write a book, so antagonizing him doesn't seem the best way forward here.

Don't be such a Greg.
The Porkchop Express
SamHou
He did pay you up front so…
The Porkchop Express
The first ***** in the armor has appeared.

Told me he had 150,000 subscribers on YouTube.
Actual total: 7,280.

VP at Pierce and Pierce

The first ***** in the armor has appeared.

Told me he had 150,000 subscribers on YouTube.
Actual total: 7,280.

You will find out this guy is completely full of bull junk. His companies, the valuations, his net worth, how he got his start, etc. The whole point of writing a book is for him to create a narrative while reassuring himself that he is actually self made when in reality he would struggle to run a Dairy Queen.
MW03
AG

I've worked a Star Wars reference, overt or indirect, into basically every book I've written in the last 12+ years - like more than 300 books at this point.

I think you buried the lead here. That's incredibly impressive. I have tried several times to write and the task is so incredibly daunting between the research and the actual writing that it's never materialized. Pretty cool.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Some people's brains just work better. You're right, that's impressive stuff.
The Porkchop Express
MW03 said:

I've worked a Star Wars reference, overt or indirect, into basically every book I've written in the last 12+ years - like more than 300 books at this point.

I think you buried the lead here. That's incredibly impressive. I have tried several times to write and the task is so incredibly daunting between the research and the actual writing that it's never materialized. Pretty cool.
Well I mean it's all ghostwriting it's not like I"m Stephen King writing 9 novels a year in the 80s.
MASAXET
AG
Bumping because I finally finished this series and then this thread (and loved both). But also because I want an update from Porkchop on the book!

------------------------------------------

(also want people to see this thread bump and think there is new Succession news for at least a half second)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.