*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,099 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by MooreTrucker
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In short, a "fall" premiere for HBO has traditionally meant October, and usually the first half of October at that. So, extrapolating from the calendar for the remainder of the year, knowing the season will end just before the Christmas break (as most fall HBO series do), I'm guessing we're looking at a season three debut on either October 3rd, 10th, or 17th. Gun to my head, I'm going with 10/10, if only because I like the ring of it, but also because that puts the season ending on December 12th, which sounds about right.

Currently, they're wrapping up filming on season three in Italy, likely making for a third season in a row that ends with a big, oversees crescendo, which I love. I recently rewatched the season two finale, and man, I miss this show so damn much. Easily the best "event" series for me since Mad Men, and I'm looking forward to its return more than just about any movie this year, save for two or three. Cannot wait...

TCTTS
AG
Also, just FYI...

Mort Rainey
*touches self*
astros4545
AG
Cool bro
YNWA_AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
My wife's cousin was on location filming last weekend.
TCTTS
AG
Yesssss. Cannot wait.

Here's the YouTube embed...

Max Power
AG
I need this show back in my life. Did a season 2 rewatch, and it's still awesome. It will be really fun to see the family taking sides. Looks like Shiv is going to be on team Kendall. I'm sure that Logan is able to enlist Roman. Connor is a non-issue at Waystar, but he's definitely on team Logan because that's who keeps him afloat financially. Also, I just need some Tom and Greg screen time.
TCTTS
AG
Tom and Greg on opposite sides has so much potential. But I could also see their relationship/potential reconciliation playing a crucial role in how things eventually shake out this season.
jackie childs
this show must be really good because in the span of watching that trailer, i went from incredibly excited to have it back in our lives to pretty bummed out already thinking about how i'll feel when the season is over.
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

Tom and Greg on opposite sides has so much potential. But I could also see their relationship/potential reconciliation playing a crucial role in how things eventually shake out this season.
I want them to look into each other's eyes while they simultaneously say "I just can't stay mad at you."
Proposition Joe
That trailer is about as choreographed as a dog getting ****ed on roller skates.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've only seen every episode once. Can't wait to rewatch seasons 1-2 in preparation.
Phrasing
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've only seen every episode once. Can't wait to rewatch seasons 1-2 in preparation.
Same. Might have to start tonight. I can already hear the theme song playing.....
Harry Stone
AG
I. LOVE. THIS. SHOW.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
October premiere date.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Bet
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Just finished my rewatch of most of season two as a refresher this week, for the first time since it originally aired in 2019, and this show is somehow even better than I remember. And it was already my favorite show on TV. It's just so incredibly good, and so incredibly funny.

It looks like we have roughly six weeks or so 'til season three, and I *highly* recommend a rewatch of some sort as well. Even if just the last few episodes of season two, because there was so much I had forgotten in terms of where things were left with the company and certain characters. I remembered the gist, of course, and Kendall's big turn, but there was more left dangling than I realized.

Anyway, just wanted to post a reminder, but also say that I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new season of television. Maybe Mad Men season four, all the way back in 2010?

(Wow, looking at the schedule, season four debuted a week after Inception released, and ended two weeks after The Social Network came out. One of my all-time favorite seasons essentially bookended by two of my all-time favorite movies. What an insanely enjoyable run.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On episode 4 of S1. (Hadn't rewatched at all.)

The writing on this show was top-notch from day 1. So many amazing lines in every episode.

Also, without fail, every episode I watch flies by and feels like 20 minutes. I honestly don't know if there's any other show that is so easy and enjoyable to watch to the point where the time just flies by like that. Not easy to do.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Have you ever visited the California Pizza Kitchen?"

"No, dear lord no."

"It's pretty delicious, Tom."
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
"They make a cajun chicken linguine just how I like it."

I can't tell you hard we literally LOL'd at this line the first time we heard it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I rewinded and laughed twice at this entire exchange.
TCTTS
AG
With Scenes from a Marriage starting in about half an hour, kicking off HBO's fall slate, and season three of Succession just five weeks away, I'm really hoping we get the full season three trailer tonight...
YNWA_AG
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brilliant series of posters just released...

InternetFan02
AG
October 17!

Rewatching with my wife - her first time...she's interested now since I told her that Vampire Eric from True Blood is in the season 3 cast. We're on season 1 episode 5 tonight where it really gets going.

Also we bailed early on Scenes from a Marriage...I'll watch it because I love that depressing dramatic **** but she's out. I'm guessing this will start right as that ends
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So basically there's a 2/3 chance that Tom and Greg break up?
TCTTS
AG
I assume they're already "broken up" when the season starts. Greg chose Kendall. But there's no way Tom and Greg aren't in cahoots at some point later in the season.

Either way, I do find it interesting that Greg is the only one in those posters, besides Ken and Logan, who is on the same side in all three.
Max Power
AG
Perhaps alliances don't stand throughout the course of the season. Lots of backstabbing and back room deals. Whatever they're serving, I'm having.
TCTTS
AG
That's definitely what I'm assuming the posters are implying.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah, I was thinking it was more like "one of these is the real thing", but that makes more sense.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The calamari cock ring

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.