*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,519 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Breggy Popup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I read that Alan Ruck hurt himself shoveling snow and they wrote it into the episode. Thats why he said he was hurt.

He said he wrecked his rotator cuff and needed surgery in the after show.
mazzag
AG
Ken suffers from a form of battered wife's syndrome. He should take the $2b and run. But he won't because he suffers from bws. Shiv gets on my nerves. Like "Monica" bad.
jackie childs
Seven Costanza said:

Sports-Ag said:

I thought Ken was going to get back on drugs during the rooftop scene.
Wait, has he not been on drugs at nearly every moment over the past year?
he was going to be fake-crucified while singing a billy joel song. of course he's on drugs.
rynning
AG
It seems like just about everyone is "on drugs" in this show. It's talked about or joked about, but I don't believe it's ever been shown.
DannyDuberstein
AG
rynning said:

It seems like just about everyone is "on drugs" in this show. It's talked about or joked about, but I don't believe it's ever been shown.

Greg doing Kendall's coke in season 1 to keep him from OD'ing was hilarious. Tom's reaction had me in tears

Tobias Funke
AG
rynning said:

It's been shown quite a bit, just not this season.

And yeah, my assumption this whole season is that Ken has been blasted out of his mind just about every time he's on screen. Could be wrong tho!
Sazerac
AG
So Greg just plays himself. Got it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Calling my shot.

Gerri and Roman will bang within the next 2 episodes, leading to that relationship falling apart completely.
TCTTS
AG
Could totally see that happening. They set it up in the first episode of the season, with Roman and Gerri in the same hotel room, and Roman "jokingly" saying they should hook up, and then, mid-season, when Roman seemed jealous of Gerri dating. Now they'll both be at a destination wedding, where Roman could either land or botch the Gojo deal, then Gerri could perhaps either comfort or celebrate with Roman, and things go from there…
TCTTS
AG
Another big prediction I just heard on a Ringer podcast is not Logan dying, but Kendall dying, via overdose or suicide, to really shake things up. I honestly don't know if it's still Succession without either of those characters, but the show likely does need a relatively big blow-up in these next two episodes to keep it fresh going into season four.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man I would absolutely hate that. Kendall is the heart of the show.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
He is, but his arc is kinda stale now. Hes done the stab the family in the back thing 2-3 times. It would be interesting if he died and then Logan pretends like he was the best son and was a sure thing to be the successor and watch the other kids deal with that.
TCTTS
AG
This is where I'm at. Spilner is right in that Kendall is the heart of the show, but I also don't know what else they can do with Kendall at this point. I guess he could take the money and start his own company or something, and we follow all the drama of that. But it's a catch-22 in that if he's not gunning for Logan's seat, it's not Succession, but we also kind of can't watch him gun for that seat anymore, because it's been done to death.
Max Power
AG
I listened to that podcast as well, and it's intriguing for sure. If a character is going to die that isn't Logan, it would have to be one of the siblings.

They didn't go this deep but while Kendall isn't married, he does have kids, so he has heirs for his shares. You'd assume Rava would be a trustee until they are of age. Shiv is married to Tom, but I have a feeling their pre-nup is such that her shares don't all revert to him in the event of her untimely death, plus I doubt they'd kill off the one female of the Roy family. Roman has no wife or children. Connor has no wife or children. Not going into possible curveballs regarding wills, but I'm just going to assume a death to a family member without an heir goes back to the holding company they reference. Kendall's death is the only one that could be used for an effective plot device. It still seems unlikely to me, but if they wanted to have their own Red Wedding that's how they could do it.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, good points.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Killing off Kendall would be a terrible idea. Partly it would be extremely soap opera/tv drama trite.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
That said, "very upsetting" could mean anything from death to Roman saying horrible things to Gerri, so who knows…
JDUB08AG
AG
The cast has so much strength that anyone outside of Logan could die and it wouldn't miss a beat. Now if Connor died though I may stop watching lol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel the same about Tom.
TCTTS
AG
What if Kendall's secret somehow comes out that he basically killed a guy? And that Logan & co covered it up? I don't know if that "helps" the story going forward, but do we think that plot line is done or no? There have been two references to it so far this season…
jackie childs
I listened to that ringer pod as well. It's a really good weekly listen for succession fans who aren't already checking it out.

I don't think you have to kill Kendall, but I would think an accidental OD that scares him enough to have a different perspective would be a nice change of pace for his character and the show overall
JDUB08AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I feel the same about Tom.

True true
Max Power
AG
I also don't think they can have Kendall die and keep the tone of the show. It's a black comedy at its core, and if Kendall dies of suicide/OD/etc I think the show crosses a threshold it can't come back from...and it feels like they're flirting with that line these days. I also believe it will alienate the audience as some of other posters have already indicated.

Their mother's wedding that's coming up I am hoping brings us something new. Kendall's continuously failed conquest of WayStar I agree is getting a little tired. He is in need of a reboot of sorts. All the other characters serve as complementary or antithetical characters to him specifically. What they do with him going forward reverberates through all the others. If Kendall doesn't get a new angle in the show on his own the only other play it feels like is for Logan to cross the line with the entire family. If he goes beyond the point of no return things can get really interesting. His ex-wife's wedding is as good a place as any for that to happen.
Teddy Perkins
AG
I agree with the overall premise here and the show has evolved since we saw the dramatic death in the season 1 finale with the car crash. But a dramatic death has happened.
jackie childs
Teddy Perkins said:

I agree with the overall premise here and the show has evolved since we saw the dramatic death in the season 1 finale with the car crash. But a dramatic death has happened.
the rabbit?
Teddy Perkins
AG
jackie childs said:

Teddy Perkins said:

the rabbit?
InternetFan02
AG
Ken's death would be great drama but the show would suffer in the future...his arc has gone stale so let's have him cash out completely and start over

Reminds me of my favorite main character being killed off too early in Boardwalk Empire...great arc but the show was never the same
veryfuller
Staff
AG
It would also be interesting to see the DOJ investigation end up with charges brought against Kendall, and all that research Tom has done doesn't go to waste haha.
jackie childs
InternetFan02 said:

Ken's death would be great drama but the show would suffer in the future...his arc has gone stale so let's have him cash out completely and start over

Reminds me of my favorite main character being killed off too early in Boardwalk Empire...great arc but the show was never the same
you saw Ken's reaction to the $2billion offer...all he could think about was using those funds to buy something and get back at Logan. that's how these kids are all wired and it's going to take something dramatic for that to change. i mean, more dramatic than being involved in a guy's death and subsequent cover up.

i think the obvious shake-up is having one of the siblings go through a redemption arc and Ken is poised for something like that. i just don't know that's what this show is about.

but having Ken partner up with a tech company like GoJo and ultimately becoming the company/service that waystar winds up needing to survive would be pretty incredible.
dc509
AG
jackie childs said:

InternetFan02 said:

you saw Ken's reaction to the $2billion offer...all he could think about was using those funds to buy something and get back at Logan. that's how these kids are all wired and it's going to take something dramatic for that to change. i mean, more dramatic than being involved in a guy's death and subsequent cover up.

i think the obvious shake-up is having one of the siblings go through a redemption arc and Ken is poised for something like that. i just don't know that's what this show is about.

but having Ken partner up with a tech company like GoJo and ultimately becoming the company/service that waystar winds up needing to survive would be pretty incredible.
It's going to take something like surviving an OD to shake up Kendall enough to have something like that happen.

I also think the most likely scenario at the end is that Logan wins. One of the main themes of this show is that guys like him don't play by the same rules as the rest of the world. Unless Greg didn't give Kendall the good stuff, and has a surprise coming Logan just escaped a DOJ investigation into, among other things, his company tossing problematic employees overboard.
TCTTS
AG
Next week's funeral episode should be lit, with the whole gang back together again, after Kendall's death tonight.
CoppellAg93
AG
TCTTS said:

Next week's funeral episode should be lit, with the whole gang back together again, after Kendall's death tonight.
Um - what?
TCTTS
AG
(Dumb joke based on the thread convo this past week. I know nothing.)
LawHall88
AG
TCTTS said:

How could Roman do that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.