*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,578 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greg finally gets a taste of a success and he becomes the ******* that everyone else is.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Theory:

Kendall is playing his dad still. This will be a suicide attempt, and his dad will buy him out of his shares because of it (which is what Kendall wants).

Now, what if Kendall is going to use that money to invest in Matsson's company? The merger will end up with Kendall back in the mix at Royco. Next season will be a power struggle between those companies as the merge with the exec team "fighting for their lives".

It's either something like this or Kendall actually dies.
TCTTS
AG
Personally, I don't think Kendall is still playing his dad, but I do like the idea of him finally getting that $2B somehow and investing in Matsson's company, or even potentially f/cking over Waystar to a degree in how he does it. They've mentioned twice now that Kendall and Matsson are friends, and it's felt intentional, as if to ensure something like this isn't out of left field.

Good idea.
WES2006AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

A new meme is born.

This show has a lot of laugh out loud moments but watching Roman realize he had just sent that text to his dad might be the hardest I've ever laughed at anything on TV.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Personally as funny as the dick pic was, it felt like a cheap way to cut down Roman who was finally starting to have some business success. I wish it had been more of a real business ****-up rather than that.
mazzag
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Shiv got fat in the off-season.

I think she had a baby in real life.
WES2006AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Personally as funny as the dick pic was, it felt like a cheap way to cut down Roman who was finally starting to have some business success. I wish it had been more of a real business ****-up rather than that.
But that is who Roman is. He can't help himself and is always a few seconds away from a self-inflicted screw up. The fact that it was a dick pic that may lead to his downfall at the company seems appropriate.
mazzag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But Roman is a f up and has no business being this high up in the business. None of those kids do. They don't have what it takes.
aglaohfour
AG
mazzag said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

I didn't know she had a baby, but the last few episodes I've been distracted by how they're dressing her - nothing she's worn has been flattering for her body type at all. Which I suppose is pretty consistent with the way a lot of ultra wealthy middle-aged women dress, as if they dgaf how they look.
ChoppinDs40
AG
aglaohfour said:

mazzag said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

I didn't know she had a baby, but the last few episodes I've been distracted by how they're dressing her - nothing she's worn has been flattering for her body type at all. Which I suppose is pretty consistent with the way a lot of ultra wealthy middle-aged women dress, as if they dgaf how they look.

She has a monster ass and hips. Hard to dress her I think. But they do put her in "this is a man's world no longer" pant suits way too often.
mazzag
AG
They're dressing her the same way she dressed in the first season but her body has obviously changed. I thought then she was Marilyn Monroesqe and her wardrobe was flattering. Maybe it's like Elaine on Seinfeld. They never hid her pregnancy. Fwiw, I'm not fat shaming the actress.
aglaohfour
AG
Oh no, I didn't think you were. She's really beautiful. But the pants suits and the weird strapless dresses with no shape or structure aren't doing her any favors. I'd assume they have an unlimited wardrobe budget, so maybe it's an intentional choice?
DannyDuberstein
AG
mazzag said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

She got married but I dont think she's had a kid. She's Aussie and I think still lives there between gigs. It may be lockdown pounds
astros4545
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

mazzag said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

She got married but I dont think she's had a kid. She's Aussie and I think still lives there between gigs. It may be lockdown pounds
Maybe no kid, but at least baby popsicles?

Also, did anyone think Mattson was putting homo vibes out to Roman during their meeting
dc509
AG
I thought he was reminding him who has the bigger dick. He already made him shake hands with him after he took a piss. I think Mattson is every bit the killer that Logan is, and is letting Roman know his place.
FancyKetchup14
AG
astros4545 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

mazzag said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Maybe no kid, but at least baby popsicles?

Also, did anyone think Mattson was putting homo vibes out to Roman during their meeting

Seven Costanza
AG
I'm surprised no one on set decided to not have her wear that dress. It was very unflattering.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Ken - Is he going out? I've read messages here the past few days and like everyone has said here, where does he go from his failed take down? Are we thinking he's gone? Can't tell from the preview but can infer he is or isn't. I don't know.
I think he's dead.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I hope he's not gone because there are a million different directions to take his character still. The Roman-Shiv-Connor trio is gonna get a little stale on its own. Connor only exists for punchlines, so it's really down to just Roman being Roman and Shiv being ****ish if there is no Kendall
Max Power
AG
WES2006AG said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

A new meme is born.

This show has a lot of laugh out loud moments but watching Roman realize he had just sent that text to his dad might be the hardest I've ever laughed at anything on TV.
I woke up my wife I was laughing so hard at this. Roman trying to disappear while sitting at the table is the funniest single moment of this show. I enjoyed the follow up meeting with Logan in the side room where he looks like he's losing his mind. I felt like Cox was going go break character it was so ridiculous.

The Kendall and Logan showdown was epic, Kendall openly admitting his defeat, exposed, but he couldn't leave well enough alone. He still has to stand on his virtue signaling nonsense, he's lied to himself so much he thinks he's telling the truth. That's the scene for the Emmy-reel both for Jeremy Strong and Brian Cox.

Shiv trying to play all the angles, I've kind of lost interest in her as a character in all honesty. You put almost any two people together on this show and you can create lightning. You put Shiv next to the same character and it's wet blanket time, especially her and Tom. Shiv is the anti-Greg.

Connor proposing at a wedding event, of course that was going to happen.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Shiv talking to Gerri at the end was so incredibly cringe. Like it couldn't have been more obvious what she was trying to do and she just looked so desperate for Logan's attention.
dc509
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Shiv talking to Gerri at the end was so incredibly cringe. Like it couldn't have been more obvious what she was trying to do and she just looked so desperate for Logan's attention.
It was cringey, but that was the first time in awhile that Shiv has any leverage. Roman could get really burned in this situation.
Proposition Joe
Shiv/Gerri was gold because of the leverage. Gerri hasn't ever been under Shiv's thumb until now.

The Shiv/Tom scenes are just setting up what is going to be an absolutely epic development of a backbone for Tom that will play out both via business strategy and then likely telling her off to her face.
aglaohfour
AG
I know it's a cliche double standard, but one of Logan's first objections to the Roman-Gerri thing being that she's "a million years old" was hysterical to me in light of his alleged sexual relationship with an assistant who looks to be about 50 years younger than him. It almost seemed as if he was more disappointed in how it would reflect on him personally if his son had questionable taste than he was concerned about the business implications.

Also, him using his grandson as his taste tester was stone cold. Even if he didn't really think the food was poisoned (and surely he didn't), letting Kendall think that he did and that he was using the kid like that was an impressive power move.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
WES2006AG said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

But that is who Roman is. He can't help himself and is always a few seconds away from a self-inflicted screw up. The fact that it was a dick pic that may lead to his downfall at the company seems appropriate.
This is the whole show, the kids. The literal minute one of them is ready to touch the sun, they fall back down to Earth because they can't get out of their own way. It's all so hilarious, tragic, shocking, and predictable. The most watchable melodrama is watching the Roy kids **** up their own money.

Didn't think it was cheap at all. Because of course Roman's downfall is a dick pic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My mind is kind of racing just trying to figure out all the possibilities of where this goes next.

I think they've set up Tom to finally send Shiv packing. Hoping he asks for a divorce, but has a business play already in motion when he does.

Really have no idea what happens with Roman. This looks like an epic ****up, but Kendall has survived worse, so we'll see. Who knows, maybe this was actually setting the stage for Shiv to overplay her hand. (Fingers crossed for this.)

Kendall, at this point I'm just hoping he's alive and he finds new purpose. He'll either reveal what happened with the waiter, or maybe has something in the works with GoJo, as mentioned earlier. Maybe both.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I'm surprised no one on set decided to not have her wear that dress. It was very unflattering.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Come to think of it, I remember someone theorizing Gerri was working with DOJ.

While I don't think that was the case before, what if she does now? She could get out in front of the Roman thing and say it was a consensual relationship, while also exposing Shiv for getting one of the cruise women to stay quiet.

I think we're about to get Gerri unleashed, and I'm here for it. And I don't think this is the end of Roman.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Being a lawyer and general counsel would make secretly cooperating a problem
dc509
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Shiv/Gerri was gold because of the leverage. Gerri hasn't ever been under Shiv's thumb until now.

The Shiv/Tom scenes are just setting up what is going to be an absolutely epic development of a backbone for Tom that will play out both via business strategy and then likely telling her off to her face.
Agreed. Tom has a moment coming. Logan said, "I'll remember." That's going to matter. Remember Logan calling Tom son? He also stood strong for him in when Kendall, his real son, wouldn't. Tom has some serious moves left to make. They might burn up on the runway, but he at least has a path. I think it's all the more plausible because Shiv is oblivious to that fact. That's usually when Roy kids eff up.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Did the wedding happen and they just didn't show it or is it the focus of the finale?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Did the wedding happen and they just didn't show it or is it the focus of the finale?

This was confusing but it seemed to happen offscreen. Once they were back in the NY office, I just assumed it happened
dc509
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Maybe, but I think that not showing it was intentional. Showing the irrelevance of it.
Proposition Joe
It seemed kind like a forced way to get the characters together. Why would Logan attend his ex-wife's wedding when things are obviously still acrimonious?
Four Seasons Landscaping
Hope I'm at least 20 years away from it being a possibility but making my kid think I'm using my grandchild as a poison checker is now on my bucket list.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.