*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,541 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
pinkdog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The suspense is killing me. I am caught up on rewatching past episodes. If I had to pick a favorite I would say the season one finale. Really powerful to see how far Kendall can go, right back to a wedding like nothing happened.
I turn 40 this weekend so succession will feel a part of my relaxing celebrating a new age bracket.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Two pretty good podcasts from The Ringer, in preparation for Sunday. Simmons is all over the place with his character rankings, and I definitely side more with House, but definitely worth a listen regardless...

jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Two pretty good podcasts from The Ringer, in preparation for Sunday. Simmons is all over the place with his character rankings, and I definitely side more with House, but definitely worth a listen regardless...

it seems like now that he's super-rich, simmons has just gotten lazy. he's becoming one of my least favorite people to listen to on ringer podcasts.

that said, the ringer has done a great job building their podcast lineup

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So ready to hear that theme music hit. Let's gooooo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You wanna suck my dick?
RichardSplet
Good premiere. Favorite line was Hugo saying, "Have a problem in there, buddy? Can't find a vein?"
YNWA_AG
AG

rynning
AG
Great start picking up immediately after the last episode. Some shows wouldn't do that.

I keep hoping Greg will gain an ounce of competence, but that's unlikely.

Not sure why Logan fired Shiv so quickly based (supposedly) on one thing that was out of her control.
TCTTS
AG
After two years without any Succession, having rewatched both seasons during that time, it felt so surreal to have new plot/story again. Tonight was of course entertaining from beginning to end, and while I loved that they picked up immediately after the season two finale, it almost felt more like a post-script or epilogue, and I am so ready to finally see these people in a room together with Kendall again and watch the sparks fly.

Really, "the weeks ahead" trailer looks so damn good, and so incredibly tense. Feels like this season is going to be on a whole other level…

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
More Gerri and Roman sexual tension please.
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CU-mQC5hOiO
TCTTS
AG
Just rewatched the entire premier and it played so much better the second time. I think initially I wasn't quite ready for an episode that was told nearly in real-time, over basically half a day, and I kept expecting at least the Ken/sibling showdown from the trailer. But this go around, knowing that wasn't coming, and knowing the structure, it's such a great episode, and so damn funny at times. I absolutely love that this show back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haven't watched the trailer above, but Shiv is totally joining Kendall, right?

It'll be interesting to see if they'll team up with Stewy again, since they would seemingly want the same thing at this point.

Gonna be real interesting to see the division between Tom and Shiv.

Can't wait to see where this goes.
MaroonStain
AG
Loved the episode. All of it except the end because I have to wait a week.
dc509
AG
In the first or second season one of Logan's goons described Kendall as having all of the shots, but no idea when to take them. He couldn't have been more on brand than when he hires the dream team PR team, and tells them what to do.

Hot take: Cousin Greg's "evidence" is going to be incoherent papers that he copied at random, and point to absolutely nothing and/or no one.
rynning
AG
dc509 said:

In the first or second season one of Logan's goons described Kendall as having all of the shots, but no idea when to take them. He couldn't have been more on brand than when he hires the dream team PR team, and tells them what to do.

Hot take: Cousin Greg's "evidence" is going to be incoherent papers that he copied at random, and point to absolutely nothing and/or no one.
Quote:

I keep hoping Greg will gain an ounce of competence, but that's unlikely.
Yeah, why would we think Greg would be competent in that?
dc509
AG
Absolutely no reason to, and it is going to be awesome. Also, he's going to end up CEO.
TCTTS
AG
dc509
AG
That's high, but it's kind of crazy to think about how relatively low that is. Not that I'm telling you anything, but Seinfeld averaged 30 million viewers per week. People couldn't easily record, and streaming wasn't a thing.
mazzag
AG
It was "must see tv"!
MaroonStain
AG
MaroonStain said:

Loved the episode. All of it except the end because I have to wait a week.

Short week
pinkdog
Not saying Greg is going to get it all but I have a feeling something big will happen with him; so he's not just comic relief but something could hinge on his cooperation.
Kendall is on his high though I don't know why. He's in just as deep *****
BowSowy
AG
dc509 said:

I would hope that Kendall actually reviewed what they had before he pulled this move and mentioned having documents.
BowSowy
AG
pinkdog said:

Not saying Greg is going to get it all but I have a feeling something big will happen with him; so he's not just comic relief but something could hinge on his cooperation.
Kendall is on his high though I don't know why. He's in just as deep *****
I have a feeling Greg's grandfather is going to come into play, somehow. Greg had a line about his grandfather and his mom's credit card. I can't remember if he said his grandfather was cutting his mom off?
TCTTS
AG
Last season Greg's grandfather threatened to cut Greg out of will ($250M at stake) if he continued to work for Logan. Greg struggled with the decision for a bit, talked to Logan about it, and Logan essentially said who's it gonna be, Uncle Fun or Grandpa Grumps? Greg ultimately chose Uncle Fun (Logan), but it wasn't that many days later, in-show, that Greg then "defected" and went with Ken, who obviously ended up screwing over/going against Logan. So we're still in a bit of a gray area in that regard, as there was never any concrete resolution.

Then, yeah, in last night's episode, Greg mentioned that his grandfather cut his mom off, but we don't yet know if that's in relation to Greg's decision last season or not. Either way, after his mom was cut off, as a consolation of sorts, Greg got her some kind of "gold" credit card that he's apparently paying for himself. And when the Kendall/Waystar news broke, earlier that day, Greg's mom started panic buying on the credit card, since she assumed Waystar was going under, and her son would soon be without a job (and thus would no longer be able to afford the card). Which is kind of a horrible thing for a mother to do to her son, though I can't remember the relationship they had at the beginning of season one. Regardless, Greg was in the process of cancelling the card because of all his mom's panic buying.
TCTTS
AG
mazzag
AG
Greg's grandfather cut mom's money off. Greg personally secured her gold card. She went BSC shopping after Kendal shat on the company. Greg needs to cancel her gold card, which he can because he's the secured.

So many words.
TCTTS
AG
Apologies for providing additional context on a message board where people communicate by writing.
Max Power
AG
So happy this show is back in my life. Definitely setting the fun immediately in motion. It's nice to see Logan on the ropes and shades of coked-up Kendall. I love watching the people in the room with Kendall trying to keep their **** together when he's obviously out of his mind, but he has money to burn.

Now with Roman and Shiv not getting CEO I see Roman sticking with Gerri and Logan. Shiv could jump to Kendall but I see her as the most likely to play both sides. Hell I could see her selling her shares to Stewy and Sandy who are still circling. She's the wildcard in the entire battle.

I can see Kendall and Logan ultimately both vying financially for Greg's papers and ultimately whoever gets them pays out the nose for a bunch of worthless documents, but are able to use them as a bluff to win this thing. I personally hope it's Kendall just because I need that deer in the headlights look he gets when things don't work out.

Funniest moment of the episode is Willa asking Logan what about Connor when everyone is being given jobs and he tells them to stay at the airport. It was a nice reminder to everyone that regardless of the serious battle going on within the family for it's entire future there's also the first born son with his hooker girlfriend whose awful play he financed and it's so bad it sounds like it has potential to be The Room of the NY theater community.

Also, does anyone on this show get to have more fun than Nicholas Braun? Maybe Alan Ruck, but I just feel like Greg's awkwardness takes it over the top. Connor is a bit too self-assured to take the top spot for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Super random observation, but anyone else notice how Naomi did not seem the least bit apologetic about the wine?

Makes me wonder if she did that on purpose.
jackie childs
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Super random observation, but anyone else notice how Naomi did not seem the least bit apologetic about the wine?

could be, or it could just be the show further indicating that the super rich just really don't care about stuff like that. she saw a bottle of wine that she wanted, so she took it.
La Bamba
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Naomi is so hot, in like a do LSD, trip balls, and have 8th dimensional intercourse type a way.

In all seriousness though, she probably did it to spite Rava. I'm sure she knows the backstory with her and Kendall.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. (On both counts.)

I think she did it cause Rava kind of blew her off and went to take a phone call.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.