*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,526 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This.

Seeing the three kids *finally* Voltron together honestly almost made me tear up. I found it genuinely moving, to the point where it made every fight and sh-t talking remark to each other and every audience critique of "There's no one to root for" more worth it. It doesn't matter that they lost (this round). They have each other now, and that's what will finally defeat Logan in the end.
Sports-Ag
AG
So many great scenes this episode.

-The intervention with the 4 Roy kids
-Shiv and Rome comforting Ken as they only know how especially Rome
-All 3 of them coming together in the van deciding to take down Logan
-Tom and Greg make a deal with devil scene. Souls are boring
-Then the final 10 minutes was the icing on the cake

I loved that Ken, Shiv, and Rome came together this episode and sets something up for next season. As per usual, Logan is 5 steps ahead of them.

I had no idea how it was going to end and the writers swerve us in the end but they did it so great.

Finally, the balls on Tom. Shiv has screwed him over so many times, it's time he gets his. Everything was great and the show gets better every season. Well done.
denied
It was revealed from the beginning. The three think of Kendall as the oldest because Connor (significantly older) was not a feature of the home they grew up in.
mazzag
AG
**** those kids. They don't deserve anything. I'm laughing at them. Learn to code.
Proposition Joe
Ive known since the moment i saw him illegally eat an endangered bird underneath a napkin cover that I was Team ****ing Tom.
mazzag
AG
Con has a different mom so they don't consider him one "of them". **** them. I'm sorry. I've lived in a blended house my whole life as do my kids. We're all one family but they **** on Conner.
mazzag
AG
He said "I'm at YOUR mother's wedding " he has a different mom.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was an amazing finale, top to bottom.

Fairly sure Jeremy Strong secured his second Emmy tonight and Kieran Culkin has a damn good shot at his first.

For all the theories thrown out on this thread, not a single one was right. This show remains unpredictable and I love it for that.

Have to say I'm disappointed that Logan just keeps on winning, but luckily we've got another season or two.

Only thing I can't quite figure out is what exactly Tom is asking of Greg, specifically?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pignorant said:

Tom played Shiv like a fiddle!

What am I missing?
Sports-Ag
AG
Question. If Logan sells, the kids will be set for life right, like they would get money too? They're already set for life but I guess when you have so much money you want something you can't have. You want the company and power.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why do people seem sure Tom betrayed Shiv? Seemed ambiguous to me. Just as easily could've been Gerri, right?
TCTTS
AG
Tom told Logan what Shiv, Ken, and Roman were planning, the second he got off the call with Shiv. He f/cked all three of them. That's how Logan was able to beat them. Tom finally shived Shiv.
TCTTS
AG
There's literally a shot of Logan thanking Tom. Plus the big reveal when the doors open and it's Tom standing there.
Roland Schitt
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Pignorant said:

Tom played Shiv like a fiddle!

What am I missing?
I think the assumption is, based on Logan patting Tom on the shoulder, and Shiv's call to Tom, that Tom is the one who let Logan know about the kid's plans, allowing Logan to get ahead of it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But how could they possibly have opened up the divorce stuff that quickly? Calling her in the middle of her wedding?

I read it as stuff was already in motion for a while, and Tom was just siding with Logan while the ball was already rolling.
TCTTS
AG
The divorce talks were already on-going before the deal was even in motion. And I'm sure Logan sweetened her deal in order to expedite what he needed from her, even during her wedding. It also helped that her now-husband *wanted* to talk to Logan during the wedding. That's what that whole waiting-for-Logan-to-show scene was about.

Regardless, in hindsight, EVERYTHING that happened to Tom to this season was leading to this moment. Yes, it's technically kind of sort of ambiguous, but it's really not. This was all Tom, 100%. His wife literally told him she doesn't love him in the previous episode. That was the last straw, and he got his revenge.
GreasenUSA
AG
Was totally expecting Ken to have a triumph at the end.

By being such a shi**y wife, Shiv screwed all the kids over.

I love how this show so beautifully does what no one is expecting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's crazy how good the writing is on this show.

They spend an entire season making us hate Shiv for how badly she treats Tom, showing how ****ty Roman has become, and making us love Tom, and yet at the end of the season, they still make Tom's apparent victory feel not quite like a victory for "us" as viewers, because we hate Logan.

Essentially a pyrrhic for Tom. And we see Shiv get shiv'ed, but also Kendall who we kind of root for.

Either way we lose somewhat.

I'm rambling, but you get my point. Just amazing writing.
Sports-Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why do people seem sure Tom betrayed Shiv? Seemed ambiguous to me. Just as easily could've been Gerri, right?

The director and writer basically implied/said it was Tom. Don't know if they showed this on HBO but they showed this on HBO Max right after the episode.

20ag07
That was the best episode of television I've watched.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice, thanks. Don't usually watch these.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, I agree. Satisfying to see Tom get his revenge, finally.

I didn't see the actual ****ing them out via Catherine as Tom's doing, I guess was my point. But yeah, gotcha.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Man, Tom F***ing Wambsgans.

What a season finale. Great setting. Great writing. Great pacing. Perfect.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The writers threw out a lot of red herrings for us this season.

Greg and his grandpa's lawyer friend
Pierce acquisition mentioned again
DOJ stuff
Kendall's podcast thing
Ken in the pool

And I'm sure a ton of others. There was a million directions the finale could've gone.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I thought it was pretty funny that even in the midst of their big final argument, Logan still couldn't bring himself to say it. He's selling the company because he'd rather cash out what he's earned than hand it to one of his incompetent children. Each one of them were groomed for the role at one point or another in the show and each one of them failed spectacularly.
BowSowy
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Question. If Logan sells, the kids will be set for life right, like they would get money too? They're already set for life but I guess when you have so much money you want something you can't have. You want the company and power.
Exactly. They've all been vying for the top spot, and the sell would kill and bury those chances. They'd have to start over from square one. Yes, they'd stay enormously wealthy, but would hold zero power.
BowSowy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

DOJ stuff
Kendall's podcast thing
Ken in the pool

And I'm sure a ton of others. There was a million directions the finale could've gone.
I actually think the DOJ fine played a large part in Logan finally deciding to sell. I think that was the final straw that broke the back of Waystar acquiring GoJo.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Man that was good. Felt so cathartic to have the kids together against Roman, then so cathartic to have Tom backstab the whole thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
BowSowy said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

DOJ stuff
Kendall's podcast thing
Ken in the pool

I actually think the DOJ fine played a large part in Logan finally deciding to sell. I think that was the final straw that broke the back of Waystar acquiring GoJo.

Agreed.

Will push back on one other as well... the podcast mention is what led to Ken finally telling his siblings about the death of the waiter ("They're coming after me" or whatever he said), and him telling them about the death is the primary emotional lever that was pulled that finally allows them to have legit empathy for Kendall and come together as a team.
TCTTS
AG
What a shot...

mazzag
AG
BowSowy said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

DOJ stuff
Kendall's podcast thing
Ken in the pool

GoJo is acquiring waystar.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"I've killed a kid too, big deal. Shiv, you've killed a kid, right?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.