*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,539 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
dc509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He is absolutely a least one inspiration for Greg.
rynning
AG
"And just how bad will the burning be?"
mikethetxaggie
AG
Best episode of the season so far
TCTTS
AG
That was both incredible and so damn funny. What a great conceit for an episode. Logan loses his mind at the absolute worst possible moment, hijinks ensue.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Only I get to be nasty to Frank.
Sports-Ag
AG
What an episode. So much back and forth in trying to settle while Logan is losing it.

Ken being weird as usual and Shiv looking for satisfaction from Logan gets pushed aside.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The thing I'm trying to figure out is where things go from here.

With the takeover seemingly taken care of and the access with the President cut off, does focus shift to the FBI investigation? And what's Greg's play now?

It's odd because the takeover and shareholder meeting has been the looming cloud since the end of season 1, so it'll be interesting to see what will be the main thing driving the plot going forward.

It would also seem Adrien Brody's character is done. But that can't be it for him right?

Of course the deal could always fall through. I haven't watched any of the midseason trailers so I'm happy to be in the dark
dc509
AG
Sibling Ranking:
1. Connor -- It feels weird to put him here, but when "the raisin" decided not to run for re-election Connor got exactly what he wanted. Whether he can capitalize on it on not, we'll see, but he is right where he wants to be.

2. Shiv -- She saved the deal with Stewy and Sandy. She misses out on the top stop because she legitimately has no idea how to capitalize on that with her dad. If she got into a closed door screaming fight with him I actually think he would respect her more, and possibly even give her that board seat.

3. Roman -- This is right where he wants to be. I've posted this before, but Roman sort of fills in the gaps. Logan isn't around to speak with the president? Screw it give it to Roman. If you listened to Kieran Culkin after the show this is right where Roman wants to be He finally gets his job, and is good with it.

4. Kendall -- Kendall has never seemed more irrelevant. For the guy who wanted to be apart of the conversation he has essentially been forgotten. His interruption of Frank was cringe worthy. Logan blocked his number, and Kendall has ceased to matter. Logan won his battle with Kendall. Now they will both have to face the DOJ. He legitimately still thinks that Stewy might support his as CEO so he can "change things." I don't know how many of you watch post episode trailer, but it looks like things are about to get worse for the Roy's faux social justice warrior.
Proposition Joe
Yeah I think the episode did some pretty heavy foreshadowing of Kendall falling back into his old ways and losing sight of what is important with the rabbit. It kind of enveloped everything from "rules don't apply to me", to "i'm smarter than everyone else" to also losing touch with the important things in his life (family) because of career aspirations. "Oh my kids rabbit is sick because I'm a bad parent? Well just deal with it."
Sex Panther
AG
That episode was incredible. Absolutely hilarious.

I never audibly laugh at something if I'm by myself, but Roman speaking to the president had me howling. ****ing hysterical.
Max Power
AG
The awkward hilarity of this show is so close to Curb, the situations are just so ridiculous I don't see how anyone can't enjoy it.

Seeing all his kids behaving the way they do, and them being oblivious to their own behavior, sometimes I feel like Logan is basically Bateman in Arrested Development just trying to keep this thing together, in whatever way possible. But then sometimes it feels like Logan just just gaslighting the entire lot, possibly pretending to be losing his mind just to see what happens.

Any time Connor gets a light in his eyes regarding the presidency I get the same light in mine, it's gold.

Roman on the phone with the president, good lord.

Shiv trying to negotiate a board seat for herself, does she really not think there's a world that this move doesn't work out for her? Seeing her and Tom together just hurts my heart. She doesn't love him, anytime those two are together is probably my least favorite pair on the show.

Tom "Do you need me to hold the scepter?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kendall walking out on stage, good lord, I was cringing and laughing simultaneously. Being surprised that the rabbit's health takes a turn after being fed a bagel, magical.

Greg talking about affectionately suing his grandfather for an inheritance. Or perhaps Greenpeace.

I heard a theory that Tom's behavior could be likened to someone that is working with the feds and possibly wearing a wire. While crazy it also seems very possible. Perhaps "his guy" that he wanted Greg to meet is an FBI agent investigating the Roys.

I'm also a big fan these days of the trio of Gerri, Frank, and Carl. They seem to be the only three that are understanding they are in a reality in which they should all be yelling WFT is going on here? I liken all of them to Silent Bob and the Roy's are collectively Jay from the Kevin Smith universe.

I love this show.
Proposition Joe
The Frank and Carl stuff I absolutely love. Carl going out there and instead of relieving Frank, makes him stay out there to vamp.
LawHall88
AG
So did Frank and Gerri each give the same speech to the shareholders?
MrPlow2010
AG
I thought it was hilarious when Logan was in the bathroom stall with Tom and called Tom "Son". And then Tom said back "Thanks Pop, Papa".

At first I thought Logan picked Tom to help him because he kinda respected Tom for offering himself for prison time but I guess it was just because Logan was loopy and out of it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone know what Hugo's actual role in the company is?
jackie childs
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone know what Hugo's actual role in the company is?
per HBO, he's a communications executive
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well I'm no closer to know what that is, but good to know.

I do like how he's basically become the go-to "fixer" at this point in the show. Guy moved up quick to series regular.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Sex Panther said:

That episode was incredible. Absolutely hilarious.

I never audibly laugh at something if I'm by myself, but Roman speaking to the president had me howling. ****ing hysterical.
Same. It's pretty rare for me to laugh out loud at a show and I did it probably ten times during last night's episode. My favorite moment was when Logan snapped at Greg for asking if he was going to the bathroom and Greg just awkwardly points down the hall and mutters "I think it's still down that way." Don't know why that cracked me up so much.

Connor flippantly saying that Reagan got a UTI and almost bombed Belgium was hilarious too. The writing on this show is top notch.
Sex Panther
AG
Same... and also when Kendall went up on stage and Greg said "Ugh.. he's so annoying"

Nicolas Braun is a genius on this show
DannyDuberstein
AG
Greg and Tom are so great.

Any of you ever been around an elderly person with a UTI that developed encephalitis and got all loopy? They lose their mind. I said to my wife "UTI?" once he went wacky, so we had a laugh when that's what it was. Realiatically Logan should be looking at several days in bed on IV antibiotics, but as Kendall said last week, he's a bear
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't think there's been a single episode of this show I haven't laughed out loud multiple times.
dc509
AG
Likewise.

Something else that I find darkly comical is that Logan is the only person who gets how absurd all of it is. He knows that all of his kids are spoiled entitled brats with very limited capabilities, and he knows that Gerri, Karl, Frank, and Hugo are all sycophants.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just watched the first episode of season 1. The thing that popped out to me was how they shot it, with a lot of zooming in and out in long sustained shots. Was definitely different than the norm nowadays, with tons of quick cuts. Does that continue throughout the series?
jackie childs
so yeah, lots of great moments from this one. i did not see the president not running for re-election development coming. i'm really excited to see Connor ramp up his bid for the white house.
dc509
AG
Shiv cutting a deal with the three S's is going to be a catastrophe. When Logan was incapacitated in season 1 Kendall dealt with the dropping share price and the billion dollar debt bringing in Stewy and starting them down this road, and now Shiv struck a deal with them without Logan and expanded the board. This is going to be glorious.
Max Power
AG
Sex Panther said:

Connor flippantly saying that Reagan got a UTI and almost bombed Belgium was hilarious too. The writing on this show is top notch.
That was my favorite line of the episode. That's my favorite stuff, when anyone on this show basically says the most ridiculous thing that they could in any situation.
MrPlow2010
AG

"That's an imaginary cat, now could you please **** off?"
Teddy Perkins
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I thought it was hilarious when Logan was in the bathroom stall with Tom and called Tom "Son". And then Tom said back "Thanks Pop, Papa".

At first I thought Logan picked Tom to help him because he kinda respected Tom for offering himself for prison time but I guess it was just because Logan was loopy and out of it.
TCTTS
AG
That exact moment got the biggest laugh of the episode from me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Oh so I shouldn't tell the president to blow me?" says Roman as he's handed an unmuted phone and immediately starts talking to the president.
aglaohfour
AG
I had to rewind because I was laughing so effing hard at the imaginary dead cat.

And Roman's horror at giving up 'the PJs' was amazing. And Sandy translating her father's incoherent grunts should not have made me laugh as hard as it did. This episode was packed with great moments. Going to need a rewatch.
TCTTS
AG
Do we think the actor playing Sandy had a stroke in real life? Or was the point to have each father/rival basically wounded/incapacitated?
LawHall88
AG
TCTTS said:

Do we think the actor playing Sandy had a stroke in real life? Or was the point to have each father/rival basically wounded/incapacitated?
And show the Roy kids that Logan, like Sandy, won't give up power until he is literally in the ground.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The actor was fine at the premiere. This is just the story to have two, prideful *******s fighting each other to the grave. Kind of a weird curveball that they didn't signal before, unless I missed it
TCTTS
AG
Good to know.

And yeah, I don't remember any prior signal that the character had health issues.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.