*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,522 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
MrPlow2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really wanted to see the Tiny Wu-Tang Clan.
Leggo My Elko
AG
The episode was amazing.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Max Power said:

Next week is the wedding, guaranteed to be a monster of an episode. How can it not be?
Is this their mother's wedding? I don't watch the "next week on" clips nor have I heard them mentioning attending their mom's wedding but don't know who else it'd be.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, their mom's wedding in Tuscany. Entire family in one location.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Max Power said:

Next week is the wedding, guaranteed to be a monster of an episode. How can it not be?
Is this their mother's wedding? I don't watch the "next week on" clips nor have I heard them mentioning attending their mom's wedding but don't know who else it'd be.

I'm assuming so. It's titled "Chiantishire" and mom is supposedly getting married in Tuscany.

TC beat me to it.
dc509
AG
That was an awesome episode.

Logan -- At the moment he won. This is Succession and one of his kids is trying to cut a new deal so something will inevitably go badly wrong, but at the moment the king is on the throne. Marcia is also still looming, and I doubt she will appreciate the new assistant.

Kendall -- Done and over. His Jay Gatsby moment was everything I hoped it would be. From the entrance to the compliment tent it was perfect. Ken is cooked and has nowhere to turn. I strongly suspected that papers Greg lifted wouldn't amount to anything, and now he's in the position of having gone to war with no bullets. Now to see how far his unraveling will actually take him.

Shiv -- She got effed by her dad and Roman, but that feels to me like it freed her to make a play of her own. She has a relationship with Sandi that, at the moment, doesn't suck, and that should provide her some type of leverage in the future. We'll see. Her propensity to be too smart for her own good is still hanging over her.

Roman -- Too far down the rabbit hole for ol' Roman. He's going full Logan, and that is almost certainly going to be a disaster. He's too much of a dip**** to know how to properly be a tyrant. The deal he setup is probably going to be a disaster as well. He got out of his lane in the last two episodes, and now he is teed up to take a big L.

Connor -- Connor is still doing his thing, and is now polling at 1%. I sincerely doubt that he becomes president (this show isn't that absurd), but I do think he will be consequential in the race. He will have leverage to swing the race to a preferred candidate, and he will want something from Logan. Also, Willa seems to actually be warming up to him.

Tom -- Tom held the line for Logan in regard to being the sacrificial lamb, and that is something Logan will remember. Whatever his reward is will probably end up being soul crushing and make him realize that he won a Pyrrhic victory, but for now he is probably the only person in the main cast who has actually earned Logan's respect. I have no doubt that he will regret it.

Greg -- Good for Greg. Comfry is going on a date with him, and reasons be damned that's a win for him.
------

I wish they'd had Ken perform the Billy Joel song. That would have been the scene of the series.

Leggo My Elko
AG
Aggie, Former TexAg radio analyst and now Barstool employee Kayce Smith was the blond in the blue dress Kendall said "Whats Up" to after the Greg exchange.

dc509
AG
That's awesome. Good for her.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ken being a ******** to Greg and Roman being a ******** but to Ken both pissed me off.

You know your characters are well written when the dick being a dick to another dick gets under your skin.
jackie childs
there is WAY too much series left to say that Ken is over.
dc509
AG
Anything in this series can change on a whim, but this round of his takeover attempt is over.
jackie childs
dc509 said:

Anything in this series can change on a whim, but this round of his takeover attempt is over.
why is this round over?

the sandy/stewy takeover? ken was actively brokering the settlement and helped get it done.

the DOJ? they seemed to hit us over the head to demonstrate that the celebrating could be premature. all that scene was missing was the arrested development narrator saying "it wasn't over"

ken is a mess right now and almost certainly won't be able to do anything as long as he's alone, but i still think he's in the mix
jackie childs
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, take the $2B and go build your own empire (or more likely flame out). I think the girlfriend is about to ditch him and really send him into a spiral. Also agree that Roman's growing confidence is about to bite him.
i thought for sure that was about to happen too, but i was surprised by naomi this episode. she legitimately seems to care about ken and at least mentioned that maybe he should take the buyout. and for all the money she has, she could easily have just left him after he flipped out about the watch, yet she ends the episode holding his head in her lap? just a really interesting response from that character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They've stacked the deck TOO hard against Ken to make me think it's over. There will be some unexpected turns and alliance shifts to knock Logan off his perch before the season is over. He can't just keep winning.
dc509
AG
jackie childs said:

dc509 said:

why is this round over?

the sandy/stewy takeover? ken was actively brokering the settlement and helped get it done.

the DOJ? they seemed to hit us over the head to demonstrate that the celebrating could be premature. all that scene was missing was the arrested development narrator saying "it wasn't over"

ken is a mess right now and almost certainly won't be able to do anything as long as he's alone, but i still think he's in the mix
The Sandy/Stewy takeover has long forgotten him. He was cheerleading the deal, but ultimately had nothing to do with getting it done. After he burned them the first time they were never making him CEO anyway.

That's probably the case, but I don't think the DOJ and Kendall will be related. Unless he finds a smoking gun he doesn't factor in here anymore. His big move has moved on without him.

He will make some type of comeback at some point though you're right about that. I bet that it's related to the deals that Shiv and Roman put together. They will both probably be calamitous, and will somehow present him with an opportunity to save the day.
DannyDuberstein
AG
There seemed to be some frustration/eye-roll with that lap scene. Maybe it's just sympathy and concern, but I was sensing a little "jeezus, this guy is getting to be more mess than I bargained for and I'm not sure how long I can stick with it"
pinkdog
Only a character like Kendall. Can do a lot of lying but can't pretend to be grateful for a gift even if it may be one he doesn't like.

Side note. Very telling that Shiv lacked much celebration at Toms not going to prison which I think could still happen
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hey Ken - It feels like an aholes birthday party because it IS an ahole's birthday party
rynning
AG
jackie childs said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, take the $2B and go build your own empire (or more likely flame out). I think the girlfriend is about to ditch him and really send him into a spiral. Also agree that Roman's growing confidence is about to bite him.
i thought for sure that was about to happen too, but i was surprised by naomi this episode. she legitimately seems to care about ken and at least mentioned that maybe he should take the buyout. and for all the money she has, she could easily have just left him after he flipped out about the watch, yet she ends the episode holding his head in her lap? just a really interesting response from that character.
She may be struggling with leaving a flawed man worth $2 billion, or she may not be struggling at all.
Seven Costanza
AG
Greg trying to ask out Comfry the first time with the "m'lady" bit was Michael Scott-level cringe.

Shiv has a nice ass.
DannyDuberstein
AG
She's a Pierce. She's loaded too
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When Nan Pierce was mentioned:

astros4545
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Greg trying to ask out Comfry the first time with the "m'lady" bit was Michael Scott-level cringe.

Shiv has a nice ass.

Greg is the best
Rudyjax
AG
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8nJg3GM/
Tobias Funke
AG
Aye Davanita said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8nJg3GM/

That was pretty solid
aglaohfour
AG
Something about Kendall's girlfriend is just incredibly off-putting to me. But his reaction to the watch genuinely made me feel sorry for her. What an *******.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sports-Ag
AG
Just finished the episodes and hot damn. They have been knocking it out of the ballpark every time. Next week episode looks good and looks like Roman got played by Gojo.

I thought Ken was going to get back on drugs during the rooftop scene.

Finally, Tom's celebration in Greg's office was everything.
Sports-Ag
AG
Also, someone tell Connor to take off his coat!
rynning
AG
I'm sure it was deliberate irony that Kendall was wearing a jacket the entire time…
WES2006AG
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Also, someone tell Connor to take off his coat!
This playing out over the whole episode was awesome. I figured Ken would eventually force it off him physically.
MrPlow2010
AG
It would be wild if Gerri cut a deal with the DOJ and screwed all the Roys over. That would be great TV.
MrPlow2010
AG
I read that Alan Ruck hurt himself shoveling snow and they wrote it into the episode. Thats why he said he was hurt.
k20dub
AG
Why have we not gotten anymore awkward Roman and Geri masturbatory scenes?
Seven Costanza
AG
Sports-Ag said:

I thought Ken was going to get back on drugs during the rooftop scene.
Wait, has he not been on drugs at nearly every moment over the past year?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.