*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,579 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Leggo My Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

What else?
Greg-weiler
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

I like that. Off the top of my head, so far for s4 we've got...

- Feds and/or siblings attempting to break up the monopoly/merger.

- Drama/growing pains of merger (Waystar high-ups being fired, disagreements over vision, etc).

- Skarsgard/Matsson as a potential series regular/semi-regular.

- Logan overseeing/promoting Menken as his presidential candidate of choice for the upcoming election.

- Shiv and Tom fireworks.

- Logan potentially knocking up Kerry.

What else?
Connor's campaign and potential wedding.

I think Connor is likely to be a significant player next season. I know some people point to S1 as Ken's, S2 as Shiv's and S3 as Roman's, so that theory points toward Connor being a factor in S4, but they have also set it up narratively.

Menken is a fascist and Shiv can't wait to go after him. Maybe she goes back to her roots and finally agrees to help Connor with his campaign? Maybe Ken's relationship with Naomi and Connor's relationship with Maxim bring Pierce to the table to help him defeat Menken?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn he really is a giant. (6'7)

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah when we were watching last night my wife turned to me and said (regarding Roman in the final scene), "It's pretty incredible when you remember that these people are just acting."

Haha...I immediately thought of this when I read your post.

dc509
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

- Drama/growing pains of merger (Waystar high-ups being fired, disagreements over vision, etc).

- Logan overseeing/promoting Menken as his presidential candidate of choice for the upcoming election.

What else?
Connor's campaign and potential wedding.

I think Connor is likely to be a significant player next season. I know some people point to S1 as Ken's, S2 as Shiv's and S3 as Roman's, so that theory points toward Connor being a factor in S4, but they have also set it up narratively.

Menken is a fascist and Shiv can't wait to go after him. Maybe she goes back to her roots and finally agrees to help Connor with his campaign? Maybe Ken's relationship with Naomi and Connor's relationship with Maxim bring Pierce to the table to help him defeat Menken?
I seriously doubt it. He's always irrelevant. That's the point of Connor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He is the eldest son. He is. He is him.
dc509
AG
He is.
TCTTS
AG
Max Power said:

TCTTS said:

What else?
I'm curious to see what the board looks like after the merger. Does Waystar get seats? Do the kids keep theirs? Hard to believe they are completely cut out, though it could happen. Stewie/Sandie cash out or still involved? Josh had 4% of Waystar, he still kicking around?

I'm guessing Matsson is going to be a semi-regular on the show. Maybe shows in a few spots of key importance, but he's kind of enigmatic, only shows up when he wants to. He's not omnipresent like Logan is.

I'd personally like to see the siblings try to pivot into something else. When they were in the car together they all obviously have different skill sets. Perhaps this act by Logan puts them on a path to something else. They've got considerable assets, they can write their own future if they want to, collectively or individually.

I think there's a chance that not all of the assets of Waystar are going to GoJo. GoJo might take what they want, leaving out the stuff they don't. What if they don't want the parks division, or movies? They alluded to that when Logan and Matsson were talking. Perhaps there's a piece of Waystar left that Logan wants to see if the kids could do anything with, something he doesn't care about at all, something he thinks is worthless.

I am definitely hoping to have a scene in episode one that completely pulls back the curtain on Logan and Tom, exactly what went down, what Tom's getting in return, etc.

A recent podcast brought up this same basic idea and they jokingly compared it to the Michael Scott Paper Company season of The Office. That said, I really the idea. The Succession version could be a lot of fun.
TCTTS
AG
One of my main requests for season four is more Stewie. I love that character so much, and he's been so underused the past two seasons. Surely he and Sandy have opinions on the structure of the takeover, and I just want to see them more involved regardless.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

One of my main requests for season four is more Stewie. I love that character so much, and he's been so underused the past two seasons. Surely he and Sandy have opinions on the structure of the takeover, and I just want to see them more involved regardless.
i don't know if they specified, but is GoJo buying the whole company or just the family's controlling block?

if it's the whole company, then stewy becomes somewhat irrelevant from a waystar perspective.

if it's just the family share, then you have potential issues with whether logan owes duties to the other shareholders, which could be where stewy and sandy resurface.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, good points. I don't know how it's structured.
JDUB08AG
AG
Is season 4 the final?
TCTTS
AG
No. Sounds like it'll go at least five seasons.
JDUB08AG
AG
TCTTS said:

No. Sounds like it'll go at least five seasons.

Fantastic! You'd think they need to wrap it up but damn it's going so strong and that finale caught everyone by surprise.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. In the podcast interview I posted on the previous page, with showrunner Jesse Armstrong, you can tell he has a lot of story left. He says he's going to pitch his vision for season four to the writer's room next month, along with how he sees the series ending. Then he's basically going to let his team punch holes in everything, and they'll solidify it all together. But you get the impression that they're going to start planning the end game now, and however many seasons it takes to get there is what they'll do. My guess is five total, as seems to be the consensus, based on where the story is now, and past interviews in which Armstrong has talked about not wanting to wear out the show's welcome. That said, it could also obviously go longer than five, so who knows…
TCTTS
AG
dc509
AG
My wife has recently become interested in the show, and we watched episode 1 last night. I completely forgot that Roman was married at some point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He wasn't, as far as we know. But his SO did have kids.
dc509
AG
Just another example of their viewing others are irrelevant.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
pinkdog
As a hard core Seinfeld fan, I greatly appreciate that!
NukeAg10
AG
That's awesome.
mazzag
AG
That's awesome
Teddy Perkins
AG
This is pretty cool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow. That is awesome. And I'm sure as a method actor he appreciated that.
Aggie09Derek
AG
What are the chances Shiv is preggo?

https://mashable.com/article/shiv-succession-pregnant-theory
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

She does not seem like the kind of person who would leave that up to chance. But accidents happen.
dc509
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

https://mashable.com/article/shiv-succession-pregnant-theory
I hope 0%. A baby can become like an anchor to a characters story arc.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Roland Schitt
AG
I'm going through withdrawals tonight
mazzag
AG
The last ten minutes of last week's episode is somewhere on TV's top 20. Maybe 10 depending age. I can watch it over and ovah
Big Al 1992
AG
Rewatched season finale. It was so good! Even better on rewatch.

Also how has no one mentioned that Kendal's son is named Iverson - one baller names his son after one of the original "ballers" because of course Kendal did.
J.P. 03
AG
Merry Christmas from the future Roman Roy:
FL_Ag1998
AG
Ok, I just binged the entire series over the past couple of weeks and I'm now caught up. Absolutely love this show, one of the best, if not the THE best on tv right now.

That being said, I can't help but laugh at how many people are "Team Tom". The guy's an irredeemable d-bag and has been since Episode 1, Season 1. He only married Shiv in order to corporate climb, he's never been ethical (e.g. shredding the cruise papers), and the abuse he gets from the Roy family he just turns around and takes it out on his underlings. He's no worse than the Roy kids, but he's no better either. At least they "deserve" (in a sense) Logan's spoils as his offspring.

Tom's only claim to the Roy dynasty is being Shiv's ****hold, again, which he willingly does so he can corporate climb. Its been clear for a while his primary/only concern is his undeserved spot in the Waystar hierarchy. Remove him from being Shiv's husband and the dude would be lucky to be a shift manager at a Red Lobster. Shiv, Kendall, Roman, and Conner have all been crapped on and manipulated just as much as he has. So sorry, I don't view him as sympathetic or derserving.

Now, is he a funny character? Absolutely. His scenes with Greg crack me up 99% of the time. I love the twists in this show, including Tom betraying Shiv in the last eposode. But at this point the only thing I'm rooting for is Logan's downfall (and perhap's Kendall's growth, but man he's really burning up those chances at redemption).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.