*** SUCCESSION - Season 3 ***

85,540 Views | 853 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Are you a sicko?"

I lol'd
Teddy Perkins
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

"Are you a sicko?"

I lol'd
InternetFan02
AG
TCTTS said:

jackie childs said:

great episode...lest there be any doubt as to whether these are good people, you had logan use his grandson as a food tester and caroline tell her own daughter she should've had a dog instead.

put me in the "hope ken doesn't die" camp. knowing what we know now, i hope ken has a near death experience and "wakes up". remember that ken made some comment about GoJo buying Waystar. well, now that GoJo is roughly the same size, what if ken joins up with Mattson and then uses his relationship with Naomi to set up GoJo buying Pierce?

that would give GoJo the content it needs and give Pierce the exposure for its news to rival Waystar. not to mention ken knows how badly logan has always wanted Pierce, so there's a little "f you" on top

I really, really like this idea.

-I like this and a few episodes ago someone mentioned that negotiating to buy Pierce was randomly back as an option - just enough mention to keep it relevant. Also Maxim and Naomi have hung around and I think Nan was name dropped at some point.

-Jeremy Strong would likely have asked the director to submerge him in water to the point of passing out like the scene in Hot Rod to help simulate drowning death experience and that nugget would have been too good for the New Yorker writer to pass up
TCTTS
AG
InternetFan02 said:

TCTTS said:

jackie childs said:

great episode...lest there be any doubt as to whether these are good people, you had logan use his grandson as a food tester and caroline tell her own daughter she should've had a dog instead.

put me in the "hope ken doesn't die" camp. knowing what we know now, i hope ken has a near death experience and "wakes up". remember that ken made some comment about GoJo buying Waystar. well, now that GoJo is roughly the same size, what if ken joins up with Mattson and then uses his relationship with Naomi to set up GoJo buying Pierce?

that would give GoJo the content it needs and give Pierce the exposure for its news to rival Waystar. not to mention ken knows how badly logan has always wanted Pierce, so there's a little "f you" on top

-I like this and a few episodes ago someone mentioned that negotiating to buy Pierce was randomly back as an option - just enough mention to keep it relevant. Also Maxim and Naomi have hung around and I think Nan was name dropped at some point.

-Jeremy Strong would likely have asked the director to submerge him in water to the point of passing out like the scene in Hot Rod to help simulate drowning death experience and that nugget would have been too good for the New Yorker writer to pass up

Exactly. Everyone was surprised that Naomi was not only still with Ken at the end of the birthday episode, but was very nurturing toward him. Now, if this comes to pass, there's a plot reason for that as well. And yeah, both the Pierce and Nan callbacks totally felt like reminders for something to come.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now I'm really in on this. Mentioning the Pierces was not just a throwaway line. I do think they'll be involved somehow.
Sports-Ag
AG
After letting a day go by I'm thinking Ken goes in to the hospital and in a coma, or ICU, or being observed in the hospital.

In next week preview, you see Logan sitting next to Ken's son. I don't think Ken would allow Logan to be with his son without him being there. Then Matsson talks to Logan about being hurt unless he was taking about Logan's business.

Gerri is too smart to see what Shiv is doing after their talk and I think Gerri will have something for cover.
Tobias Funke
AG
Somebody with more time and ability than me needs to cut the last scene of that episode with the Bojack theme song playing so I can watch that and laugh at it
Proposition Joe
They've already setup that Mattson isn't mentally stable and is interested in people's (and his own) failures and fears which with the previously mentioned relationship seems to be telegraphing that him and Kendall will be connecting again.
Counterpoint
AG
I didn't want Kendall to die until he said the phrase "nut nut" in back-to-back episodes.
Rudyjax
AG
I may be dumb, but noticed last night that Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are EPs.

What do they do on the show? Maybe a question for TCTTS.

And aren't they broken up?
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

jackie childs said:

yeah, it's fun to speculate about things like this. especially on a show like succession where there's probably a 0.1% chance any of this happens, but i know and trust that whatever direction they go will almost certainly be incredible and well done.
TCTTS
AG
Aye Davanita said:

I may be dumb, but noticed last night that Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are EPs.

What do they do on the show? Maybe a question for TCTTS.

And aren't they broken up?

Through their production company, Gary Sanchez Productions, Adam McKay and Will Ferrell brought Jesse Armstrong's pilot script to HBO. McKay then helped cast the series and directed the pilot, thereby established the look/visual tone going forward. He, along with Jesse Armstrong (now the showrunner and primary creative force), are most responsible for the overall "feel" of Succession. At the time of the pilot, because McKay and Ferrell were producing partners, they both got EP credits on the show. McKay and Ferrell have since gone their separate ways, and McKay then created Hyperobject Industries, which now produces Succession essentially in place of Gary Sanchez Productions. But that doesn't mean that an original producer like Ferrell stops receiving credit on a TV series that he technically helped create. If you're an EP of a show at its inception, you're more often than not an EP on that show for its duration.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah sounds like how JJ Abrams continued getting credit throughout Lost.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

This is so good, and Jeremy Strong really does come across as somewhat insufferable...

Leggo My Elko
AG
TCTTS said:

This is so good, and Jeremy Strong really does come across as somewhat insufferable...

Agreed, just finished it and my goodness he seems like a lot. He seems like the character Kendall. The whole Al Pacino thing while at drama school sounded like a Kendall Succession storyline. Kinda interesting the Brian Cox and Caulkin quotes, doesn't seem like the thing you would say about a guy you currently work with, not that they were that bad, but still.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
Can someone remind me why Greg's grandpa is loaded? Did Logan take their dad's family deli and grow it into Waystar?
Sazerac
AG
You will need to wait for Secession:1870 for the backstory
jackie childs
ChipFTAC01 said:

Can someone remind me why Greg's grandpa is loaded? Did Logan take their dad's family deli and grow it into Waystar?
i don't know that we know for sure, but i don't believe it had anything to do with their dad. i seem to remember them talking about being brought up poor, which leads me to believe logan built waystar as opposed to inheriting it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sazerac said:

You will need to wait for Secession:1870 for the backstory

Starring Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood as poor Scottish immigrants?
WES2006AG
AG
jackie childs said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

i don't know that we know for sure, but i don't believe it had anything to do with their dad. i seem to remember them talking about being brought up poor, which leads me to believe logan built waystar as opposed to inheriting it.

I always assumed the uncle was an early investor in Waystar but I can't remember why I think that.
jackie childs
WES2006AG said:

jackie childs said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

I always assumed the uncle was an early investor in Waystar but I can't remember why I think that.
i think that's a very reasonable assumption. we know they grew up together and were sent to live with their uncle in canada, so i think it's likely that ewan was part of Waystar early on. the fact he's still on the board further supports that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, given his presence on the board, I always assumed he was part of it from the beginning before eventually getting sideways with Logan. Which continuing to remain invested and on the board while working Greg always made him an extra big assbag on my book. He cowed and did not vote no confidence in Logan in season 1. In the end he bends to Logan. So Ewan's attitude toward Greg has always seemed rooted in self-hate/regret. Railing in Greg for not getting out when Gramps himself hasn't exactly gotten himself all the way out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

He discusses the Jeremy Strong New Yorker profile at 7:45.
Tobias Funke
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

If I'm remembering correctly, he revolutionized sheep herding technology through unconventional means, and built an empire in Australia before eventually relocating to San Francisco.
NukeAg10
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

You mean gramps?
DannyDuberstein
AG
That'll do, Greg. That'll do.
Proposition Joe
Logan has made comments to him that he had the same opportunities he [Logan] did but chose to walk away.

So early investor and/or they created/purchased it together.
TCTTS
AG
Heading into the weekend, cast your vote/prediction...

A) Kendall is dead, except the rest of the family doesn't find out until during/after the wedding (hence why no one seems affected by his death in the preview for the finale).

B) Kendall isn't dead yet, but dies in the finale.

C) Kendall isn't dead yet, but commits suicide in the finale. Though, not before publicly coming clean about his role in the death of the waiter in the season one finale, taking Logan down with him as one last act of rebellion/f-you to the old man.

D) Kendall doesn't die in the finale, but publicly comes clean about his role in the death of the waiter, taking Logan down with him. Kendall then goes to jail and is effectively written off the show/only makes limited appearances from here on out.

E) Kendall plays a part in orchestrating a last-second Gojo/Pierce merger, a company in which he will be involved in some official capacity going forward (continuing as the effective lead of the show), thereby severely wounding Waystar.

F) None of the above. No one here is as smart as the writers, so why even try?

Gun to my head, I think I'm going with option D. Honestly, though, I love that a legitimate argument can be made for each and every option, and not a single one would surprise me.

Either way, I can't remember the last time a finale was set up in such a brilliant way, with so much speculation and so much hanging in the balance.

Cannot wait.
NukeAg10
AG
D is what I've been thinking since he got asked about doing the podcast and the kid dying was mentioned. It was pretty fast, but it seemed significant to me at the time.
ChipFTAC01
AG
E
rynning
AG
Something close to D. Why else is the waiter coming up now? I think E would be the easy way to go, however.
jackie childs
My first choice would be E, but I suspect it will be F.

i think the waiter comes up, but i could see it coming to light as kendall simply reminding logan that since logan covered it up, he cannot continue to use it as leverage over ken.
jackie childs
also, i can't believe this season is already almost over. that makes me feel like sad kendall

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.