*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,580 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Bo will return, and we'll have a hero shot of Mando, Boba, and Bo. Our three Mandalorians together.
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think Bo will return, and we'll have a hero shot of Mando, Boba, and Bo. Our three Mandalorians together.

Excuse me real quick
Malachi Constant
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I was trying to imagine how a team of two Mandos, a sniper and a drop trooper successfully board Moff Gideon's ship, fight off 20+ dark troopers, legions of stormtroopers, and the man himself armed with the Dark Saber, especially since none of those 4 people know he has the saber, and probably only 2 of them have ever even heard of it.

Mando owes those New Republic pilots for saving his ass on Hoth Junior with the spiders. Cara Dune works for the New Republic. What if as a distraction to board Gideon's ship, they give the info on his ship to the New Republic to launch an attack featuring dare I say it, Rangers of the New Republic?

Assuming they get Grogu back in one pice or he uses the Force, I'd really like some commentary from Fett about the Jedi, considering he fought Luke 1:1, and had encounters with most of the Jedi Council just before Order 66.

" Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi"

http://gph.is/2p5LTyz
exitone
AG
jokershady said:

israeliag said:

Haven't read through everyone's responses, but what a great episode. Bill Burr crushed it like he did in King of Staten Island. Dude can bring some depth. So next Disney shareholder meeting we'll get an announcement of Star Wars: Mayfield, right?

For all the love we've given Favreau, I gotta say that I don't think he should continue penning the majority of the scripts. If there's one weakness to this show it's the script (his stories and showrunning are superb though!). Not that his scripts are bad, but this script by Famuyiwa was superb.

And holy **** - Operation Cinder! I played through that and did NOT expect to hear that. ******* if we end up getting an Iden Verso cameo.
Hadnt considered potentially seeing Iden in this....

And if you've played the game you know her story covers a good number of years and we see her interact with the Rebels quite a bit.

Course by this point in the Mandalorian she's already turned to the Rebels cause Operation Cinder was her turning point in the game. So if see her she'll be on Mandos side.

Isn't Iden dead by this point in the timeline?
Ag Since 83
AG
If I remember the Battlefront 2 story correctly she disappears much closer to the sequel trilogy
jokershady
AG
exitone said:

jokershady said:

israeliag said:

Haven't read through everyone's responses, but what a great episode. Bill Burr crushed it like he did in King of Staten Island. Dude can bring some depth. So next Disney shareholder meeting we'll get an announcement of Star Wars: Mayfield, right?

For all the love we've given Favreau, I gotta say that I don't think he should continue penning the majority of the scripts. If there's one weakness to this show it's the script (his stories and showrunning are superb though!). Not that his scripts are bad, but this script by Famuyiwa was superb.

And holy **** - Operation Cinder! I played through that and did NOT expect to hear that. ******* if we end up getting an Iden Verso cameo.
Hadnt considered potentially seeing Iden in this....

And if you've played the game you know her story covers a good number of years and we see her interact with the Rebels quite a bit.

Course by this point in the Mandalorian she's already turned to the Rebels cause Operation Cinder was her turning point in the game. So if see her she'll be on Mandos side.

Isn't Iden dead by this point in the timeline?
Not yet. Iden dies right around when TLJ is getting ready to start as she dies trying to get info on weak points for the Juggernaut that shows up to destroy the last Rebel base. Her daughter is also with her as a grown woman at that point so she's definitely alive at this point in the timeline.
AgfromHOU
AG
AggieDub14 said:

AgfromHOU said:

Unpopular opinion: Rogue One and Mandalorian are better than any of the trilogies.

This show is just incredible and made by incredibly talented people.

I'm on season 4 of Rebels. It's a kids show, but there's so much there for adults that kids wouldn't get at all. And the build up to rogue one is incredible. They mention Director Krennic and have some showings from Saw Gerrera. It's amazing. Highly recommend. It's as good as Clone Wars for sure. I held out a long time and I'm super glad I decided to watch it. Also adds more Dark Saber background.

I'm about halfway through season 1 and it's been somewhat enjoyable. I have heard it gets better, though. I wish I had latched onto it more growing up. The prequels started coming out when I was 10.
AliasMan02
AG
Just caught up. Great episode, as usual. I assume somewhere in this thread people are praising Mando's character development!
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Just caught up. Great episode, as usual. I assume somewhere in this thread people are praising Mando's character development!

ABATTBQ11
AG
I ****ing died on the TPS reports line, but this latest episode was hilarious and incredibly well done. One of my favorites so far.
ABATTBQ11
AG
YouBet said:

DVC2010 said:

How did they hold an empire together for so long with that kind of OPSEC?
And the worst accuracy by any soldiers in real or imagined military.

Who wear plastic "armor" that protects them from absolutely nothing
AliasMan02
AG
Some high points I'm not sure I've seen mentioned:

- Mando struggling a bit in hand to hand without his beskar. The pirates just crushed his armor when he tried to block it.
- Loved seeing the tanker troopers, and my favorite, the Shoretroopers.
- Been touched on, but the whole thematic tie in about everybody having beliefs until they're faced with the choice that won't let them sleep at night was great. As was the title, The Believer. Really thought he was deriding Mando, but of course was talking about his own abandonment of the Empire he served.
- Operation Cinder is such a great common touchpoint across all mediums. It's been really key in video games, comics, and novels. A good universal EVENT in the post-OT world for creators to reference. Since they've broken the seal on that for Mando, I bet we see one of the Emperor's Sentinels in the finale, as the one giving directions to Gideon.
mazag08
AG
I don't want to have play a game or read a kids comic to figure out what operation cinder is. Is there a rundown video someone could post?
AliasMan02
AG
mazag08 said:

I don't want to have play a game or read a kids comic to figure out what operation cinder is. Is there a rundown video someone could post?

Honestly they explained well enough in the episode, but here.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-wars-the-mandalorian-operation-cinder-iden-versio-mayfeld-spoilers/

This will be a common topic in the Star Wars Explained type realm this week, I'm sure.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

AliasMan02 said:

I cannot wait to see his Star Wars movie
redline248
AG
mazag08 said:

Why do you even need anything more than the episode gave you, then? Pretty clear from the conversation what happened.
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

mazag08 said:

Honestly they explained well enough in the episode, but here.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-wars-the-mandalorian-operation-cinder-iden-versio-mayfeld-spoilers/

This will be a common topic in the Star Wars Explained type realm this week, I'm sure.

Read through this because I don't know the Cinder background. There is some wild stuff in the SW universe outside of the mainline movies.

Looks like lots of retconning here to align with TROS but I honestly can't tell since my foray outside of the movies is only Zahns original trilogy and the Fallen Order game.

Stuff in this article also reminds me of the Dune prequels by Herberts son that most people hate.
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

mazag08 said:

Why do you even need anything more than the episode gave you, then? Pretty clear from the conversation what happened.
If I had to guess, it's probably better to just limit our knowledge of it to what the episode gave us anyways.
DVC2010
AG
Rewatching now, and I'm laughing at a Star Wars character saying, "oh, it's just Boba Fett. I thought you were someone else."
combat wombat™
AG
I just rewarched season1, episode 1.

When he rejected the first speeder because of the droid piloting it, the next is a POS speeder. When it pulls up a part falls off of the bottom.

The pilot, played Brian Posehn, warns them to stay off the ice when he drops them off... and then gets eaten by an ice monster as he drives off.

How'd I miss this stuff the first time around?
jokershady
AG
Re-watched S1 E1 tonight as well mainly to introduce my dad to the show who hasn't seen nor heard anything about it. Was still a lot of fun especially watching IG 11 blow **** up again
fig96
AG
I was chatting with the Mandalorian animation supervisor on Twitter and he referred to the explosion at the climax of this ep as "the Guitar Bomb" and I think that's absolute perfection.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
fig96 said:

I was chatting with the Mandalorian animation supervisor on Twitter and he referred to the explosion at the climax of this ep as "the Guitar Bomb" and I think that's absolute perfection.
The one Fett drops on the 2 TIEs?

Make sense with the sound used for its explosion. I like it.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
fig96
AG
Yup.
PooDoo
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

And I believe it was the same bomb Boba used on Obiwan in Attack of the Clones.
double aught
AG
Jango, but yes.
heddleston
AG
Again, my favorite part of this show is how they adapt classic western staples to this show, and dadgummit if it doesn't slap every dang time. The chase scene is a classic train robbery fight with skimmers and juggernauts and whatever that stuff was instead of horses, trains, and pure nitro glycerin, and the shootout at the end is a saloon fight that breaks out into the streets, with dudes getting shot off of roofs. Only thing missing was an old man in the cantina playing a piano or something.

Also notable was in that shootout I don't think I heard a wilhelm scream. All those dudes falling off that refinery and no wilhelm? You're welcome, jerks who whine about wilhelm. That scene was screaming (pun intended, dadgummit) for one.
fig96
AG
PooDoo said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

Brought up by someone else in the discussion, great catch
YouBet
AG
heddleston said:

Again, my favorite part of this show is how they adapt classic western staples to this show, and dadgummit if it doesn't slap every dang time. The chase scene is a classic train robbery fight with skimmers and juggernauts instead of horses and trains, and the shootout at the end is a saloon fight that breaks out into the streets, with dudes getting shot off of roofs. Only thing missing was an old man in the cantina playing a piano or something.

Also notable was in that shootout I don't think I heard a wilhelm scream. All those dudes falling off that refinery and no wilhelm? You're welcome, jerks who whines about wilhelm. That scene was screaming (pun intended, dadgummit) for one.
Known whiner about Wilhem here.

I hope it's been purged from the Star Wars universe like a citizen of Alderaan.
YouBet
AG
fig96 said:

PooDoo said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

Brought up by someone else in the discussion, great catch
Star Wars Nerd snark: The rest of us knew that when it happened. It's pretty iconic.
heddleston
AG
At least 30% of all cinematic deaths should feature a wilhelm.
fig96
AG
Haha, I recognized it but couldn't place it.
PatAg
AG
There's only one thing iconic about the prequel trilogies and it's the 1v2 lightsaber fight to Duel of the Fates.
YouBet
AG
heddleston said:

At least 30% of all cinematic deaths should feature a wilhelm.

jeffk
AG
heddleston said:

At least 130% of all cinematic deaths should feature a wilhelm.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.