*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,570 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

crap did not even recognize him.....and I was kind of watching out for him.....lol
Zobel
AG
I heard a rumor that Mando is played by the same guy who was in Narcos
Fat Bib Fortuna
CoachRTM said:

Predictions for tonight/ tomorrow's episode? We only have two episodes left this season, right?

I'll go with a "prison breakout" type mostly self-contained episode getting Bill Burr's character out. Based on their propensity to go full into a genre, I'm hoping for a reference or two to famous movies of that genre. (Shawshank, etc.). Ultimately, the episode will be about getting the group together that will attempt to rescue Grogu in the finale. (Cara Dune, Bill Burr, Carl Weathers, Bo Katan + crew, to add to Boba Fett and Fennec). Wouldn't surprise me if Ashoka is in the mix as well.

Maybe a hint at Grogu's message being heard by a force user towards the end of the episode. I actually think it might be a dark-side user at first and then a good guy shows up in the finale.

I think Rick Famuyiwa is directing, FYI.
I'm hoping getting Bill Burr out is a pretty short affair. Especially because if someone got busted out of prison and the records show that Marshall Cara Dune looked that prisoner up 2 days earlier, see you later Marshall Cara Dune. Hoping he gets released on a technicality or something.

redline248
AG
Maybe it's as simple as Cara somehow using her new affiliation to transfer him to her care, or something. A whole prison break episode could be cool, but could be just a repeat of the one from season 1.

As to Jedi using the force, I had the same thought about Ahsoka not using it in her fight. While she may not need to, it's probably also hard to really portray force use other than a boring push. (or lightning)
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

CoachRTM said:

Predictions for tonight/ tomorrow's episode? We only have two episodes left this season, right?

I'll go with a "prison breakout" type mostly self-contained episode getting Bill Burr's character out. Based on their propensity to go full into a genre, I'm hoping for a reference or two to famous movies of that genre. (Shawshank, etc.). Ultimately, the episode will be about getting the group together that will attempt to rescue Grogu in the finale. (Cara Dune, Bill Burr, Carl Weathers, Bo Katan + crew, to add to Boba Fett and Fennec). Wouldn't surprise me if Ashoka is in the mix as well.

Maybe a hint at Grogu's message being heard by a force user towards the end of the episode. I actually think it might be a dark-side user at first and then a good guy shows up in the finale.

I think Rick Famuyiwa is directing, FYI.
I'm hoping getting Bill Burr out is a pretty short affair. Especially because if someone got busted out of prison and the records show that Marshall Cara Dune looked that prisoner up 2 days earlier, see you later Marshall Cara Dune. Hoping he gets released on a technicality or something.

I have a thought that the Bill Burr character is a big misdirect. They may be intending to go get him, but something else happens entirely.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

Maybe it's as simple as Cara somehow using her new affiliation to transfer him to her care, or something. A whole prison break episode could be cool, but could be just a repeat of the one from season 1.

As to Jedi using the force, I had the same thought about Ahsoka not using it in her fight. While she may not need to, it's probably also hard to really portray force use other than a boring push. (or lightning)

That was my very first thought. Didn't we *just* do this in season one? Like Muck, I'm hoping that aspect is a short affair, or never even comes to fruition, like PatAg said.
hunter2012
AG
So who are the known living trained Force wielders post Endor?
The Below are only the canon and not EU.

Luke: The sole Jedi Master trying to rebuild the order.
Ahsoka: Grey Jedi attempting to find Admiral Thrawn and likely Ezra Bridger.
Ezra Bridger: A Jedi that got flung to the far reaches of the galaxy along with Thrawn.
Cal Kestis: A Jedi whose unknown if he's still alive, but he did survive order 66 and was last seen alive well into the Empire era.
Emperor: occupied a clone body in the far reaches of the galaxy(throw up in mouth with IX flashbacks).
Inquisitors:I believe all the inquisitors are dead, but I'm not completely certain.
Bendu: Grey Force user that made appearances in Rebels

Anyone else?

If someone is going to find Grogu, of the above list they're much more likely to be out of Rebels or Clone Wars based on appearances so far. That probably means either Ezra or Bendu based on cameos so far.
israeliag
AG
Leia
Has Snoke been created or spawned or whatever we're building up to?
Plap's son/younger clone *hrph*
Also, any force ghosts may be in play too, no?
Have Rey and or Ben been born yet?
Other younglings that join Luke's academy
exitone
AG
I was thinking the same thing, re-treading on the prison break theme is too soon. But I'm not sure they get him out of prison. Grogu may be in their custody until next season.

This seems like the two options:

1) If Grogo stays with the bad guys into season 3, it can't advance the Jedi angle until that is completed. That would be holding off any further inclusion of Ahsoka you would think. But if she gets pulled into her own series, that could be the excuse.

2) If Grogo gets back with the good guys by the end of season 2, then the season 3 story would likely involve the Jedi. But it almost seems too soon to get Grogu hooked up with the Jedi, unless it is some lesser known Jedi. I would like to at least see Luke at some point (maybe the series finale).

... so I don't know what to expect. Looking forward to it though!
exitone
AG
PatAg said:

I have a thought that the Bill Burr character is a big misdirect. They may be intending to go get him, but something else happens entirely.
I hope so. I think Bill Burr is funny and all, but I want to hear him on Sirius XM, not see him in my Star Wars fix.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I think I'm going to need to order one of these for myself for Christmas

Amazon - Mandalorian Nerf Gun

jokershady
AG
What I hope ends up happening is we actually do see Grogu get back with the good guys at the end of S2 and then in S3 we get our A and B story plots with A being Grogu Jedi training and anything involved with that (maybe one or two episodes with Grogu's back story during TCW) and B being Gideon (or any other bad dudes) + first order back story
redline248
AG
I know Filoni likes to canonize (or legitimize) as much as he can, but how has Star Wars - in particular in the Disney era - treated video games? In other words, how likely are we to see Cal Kestis in movie/series/animated form? I've always felt that the cinematic arm of Star Wars has tried to leave some space away from games/comics.

Follow up question, which title put Prince Xixor on screen...I'm having trouble remembering if it was in Rebels, Solo or Mandalorian
powerbelly
AG
Clone wars
Fat Bib Fortuna
redline248 said:

I know Filoni likes to canonize (or legitimize) as much as he can, but how has Star Wars - in particular in the Disney era - treated video games? In other words, how likely are we to see Cal Kestis in movie/series/animated form? I've always felt that the cinematic arm of Star Wars has tried to leave some space away from games/comics.

Follow up question, which title put Prince Xixor on screen...I'm having trouble remembering if it was in Rebels, Solo or Mandalorian
I've always had mad respect for Prince Xizor. Despite being in a pissing contest with Vader to try to be Palpatine's BFF, he still had the mind to put unlimited time and resources into an effort to bang Princess Leia.
redline248
AG
ah right, final season. I still have a hard time remembering that show is both old and new
exitone
AG
redline248 said:

I'm not really keen on seeing Cal explored more at this point. I would rather see his story unfold in the games. It was a hit, and they are doing another Fallen game, so he will probably be in it. I would rather focus on the more established Jedis in the Mandalorian. This is the perfect opportunity to resurrect Luke. He is really owed this after the was he was thrown away in the sequels. The only difficult there is the expense in de-aging him. But I could see Disney throwing down the cash for a 1 to 3 episode appearance. Maybe he meets Grogu and slaps Ahsoka on the wrist for not training him, and that drags Ahsoka back into the mix.
If they start to build the Jedi related universe out more, I would really like to see the Knights of the Old Republic era. I'm hoping that is the next trilogy though.
bluefire579
AG
I'm betting it's more likely we'll see High Republic than Old Republic. They're already pushing out written content, it would make sense that a movie or show set in that time frame would be next to establish more of a transmedia approach.
exitone
AG
bluefire579 said:

I'm betting it's more likely we'll see High Republic than Old Republic. They're already pushing out written content, it would make sense that a movie or show set in that time frame would be next to establish more of a transmedia approach.
I was worried about that, but my guess is that since they covered that in the books, we would maybe get a cartoon out of it, but that's it.
AliasMan02
AG
exitone said:

bluefire579 said:

I was worried about that, but my guess is that since they covered that in the books, we would maybe get a cartoon out of it, but that's it.

When first announced, the High Republic was said to be just in the "other" platforms like comics and books and maybe games. It's more of a deep dive thing. But... maybe TV gets included in that since they're leaning into Disney+ so hard.
israeliag
AG
redline248 said:

I think you know this given your legitimize parentheses, but the latest games are Canon - Battlefront 2's story and Fallen Order, and I'm pretty sure Squadrons story, too.

They did pick real actors for Cal and Iden Verso, so the transition to screen would be pretty easy (at least visually)
Teddy Perkins
AG
Ol Jock 99
AG
What a time to be alive.
J182
AG
Disney really trying to end 2020 on a good note with all this Star Wars news!
👽
Ol Jock 99
AG
bluefire579
AG
Oh hey, I was right. High Republic series
redline248
AG
bluefire579 said:

I made this mistake, it says NEW Republic...
ChipFTAC01
AG
Rangers of the New Republic? Star Wars/LOTR crossover?
bluefire579
AG
redline248 said:

bluefire579 said:

Not the Rangers one, the other one they mentioned around Lando
redline248
AG
bluefire579 said:

redline248 said:

bluefire579 said:

Acolyte? Yeah I made that post when I thought there were only the 2 new things in that tweet.
jokershady
AG
?itemid=4402916
amercer
AG
I really wish they'd move beyond the scope of the movies and I don't have much interest in any more backstory or fill in material, but I'm all in on Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan
israeliag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Title sequence is sand forming "Obi-Wan Kenobi"? Vader's not gonna be happy with that.
bluefire579
AG
redline248 said:

bluefire579 said:

redline248 said:

bluefire579 said:

Acolyte? Yeah I made that post when I thought there were only the 2 new things in that tweet.

Yeah that one. No worries
redline248
AG
amercer said:

I really wish they'd move beyond the scope of the movies and I don't have much interest in any more backstory or fill in material, but I'm all in on Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan
Do you consider Acolyte, Rogue Squadron, Rangers, or really even Ahsoka as either A) within scope of the movies or B) backstory/filler? If so, it sounds like you don't want anymore Star Wars except Obi-Wan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.