*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,558 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So good
schmidthead
Ho lee chit
redline248
AG
This is the way.

Oh is it, now?
Maveric
AG
At one point my 11 year old and I high fived when the captions revealed who the special guest of episode three is.
ChipFTAC01
AG
That was awesome.

Everything about that was great. The set design, the costumes (Quarrens and Mon Cal wearing heavy sweaters and waders like they're Norwegian fishermen? Yes!). The special guests were perfect, all of the Imperials were incredibly well acted either as scared, scared but being brave or just doing their duty.
Dro07
AG
Pretty sure that happens shortly after the battle of Endor during her dialog but could be open to interpretation i guess on when it actually occurred.

interesting theory just odd that Bo Ka knows where Ahsoka is unless she seeked refuge after her fight with Vader.
Dro07
AG
episode was awesome. Bo Katan was nails. I am guessing that wasnt Sabine and her brother with her.

Do we know for a fact someone was cast for Sabin or was that just us with wishful thinking?

Wish Titus lasted longer than he did. I like that guy as an actor.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Nevermind. Misread your post.
MandoArms
Yea it definitely isn't clear when the scene occurred but it would make for a smooth tie in. Just a theory for now though.
IG: mando_arms
Fat Bib Fortuna
WOW

WOW WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOW
redline248
AG
I think it unlikely that the 2nd female was Sabine

wait, that was Sasha Banks, right? IMDB says her character was Koska Reeves
Dro07
AG
ya its not. IMDB shows her characters name as a new one.
ChipFTAC01
AG
No, the other female Mando is not Sabine.
Saxsoon
AG
I like Sedaris in the role
Fat Bib Fortuna
If you didn't like that episode, you need to stop star warsing.
bluefire579
AG
The subtitles show their names. It was not Sabine
Saxsoon
AG
Well that explains the mask policy in comparison to clone wars
Fat Bib Fortuna
On first blush that was probably my first or second favorite episode of the whole series. I'm scared how bad my daughter will freak out tonight when it looks like Baby Yoda gets eaten.

The other Mandos arriving was a pump fist moment for me. Then seeing Bo Katan in the subtitles. Then seeing the incredible Katee Sackhoff, who was the heart and soul of Battlestar, in real damn life as a Mando. How amazing have they let this show be? My goodness.

Loved that first outline of the Mon Cal looking up at the sky
Loved the full force Mando theme when he's on the ship
Loved the Quarren's plot to take his armor.
Loved how they are bringing the full force of the lore - the Watch, the Dark Saber, the planet.
Loved Mando realizing not everyone is a Mando like him. What a great crisis to add into the midst of everything else he's doing.
Loved how ruthless the other 3 Mandos were. Our Mando was less aggressive until he had to be.
BY playing with the baby frog was cool.
As mentioned, Titus Welliver is so ****ing nails. He said so few words and just owned that character. Made me miss him on Lost.
The chill of hearing Ahsoka's name in a live action show, said by someone who has the gravitas and experience to make it impactful.
Gideon's LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

Bryce Dallas Howard is one bad-ass director. I don't really notice a lot of like cinematography stuff in most of the things I watch, but there were so many cool angles of stuff in this one, and the action sequences were phenomenal.

Oh and the scared ****less Imperial officer in the cargo hold was fantastic.
redline248
AG
I didn't watch with subtitles and knew it was Bo Katan from her helmet design
Saxsoon
AG
Why is Katee Sackhoff such a badass?
Ag Since 83
AG
The Razorcrest falling into the harbor and getting fished out by a crane was a perfect "what a piece of junk" Star Wars moment
CrottyKid
AG
Yeah, and it looked kind of like a repurposed AT-AT (to the untrained eye).

I also loved when he got back in the Razorcrest and it was full of ropes and nets and stuff. Mando was like, "Unbelievable." I LOL'd.
Fat Bib Fortuna
The original AT-AT design was from some giant cranes in the water. Definitely a shout-out.

Loved the way they had the other Mandos fight. Nimble and graceful while our Mando is more of a tank.

The deck officer was played by Kevin Dorff who has been a writer for Conan O'Brien's shows for 20 years.
jokershady
AG
I'm posting here blind and haven't read any posts......I'm watching tonight with the family but after rewatching the trailer last night realized we should be introduced to the cloaked woman we saw in the trailer....

Can't wait!
Fat Bib Fortuna
How can you not geek out?

FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Solid episode! Ahsoka is my favorite character in the entire SW Universe, so I am chomping at the bit. My 5th grade son and I both shot HUGE grins at each other when Bo said her name.
sburg2007
This is what I have waited ten months for!
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

On first blush that was probably my first or second favorite episode of the whole series. I'm scared how bad my daughter will freak out tonight when it looks like Baby Yoda gets eaten.

The other Mandos arriving was a pump fist moment for me. Then seeing Bo Katan in the subtitles. Then seeing the incredible Katee Sackhoff, who was the heart and soul of Battlestar, in real damn life as a Mando. How amazing have they let this show be? My goodness.

Loved that first outline of the Mon Cal looking up at the sky
Loved the full force Mando theme when he's on the ship
Loved the Quarren's plot to take his armor.
Loved how they are bringing the full force of the lore - the Watch, the Dark Saber, the planet.
Loved Mando realizing not everyone is a Mando like him. What a great crisis to add into the midst of everything else he's doing.
Loved how ruthless the other 3 Mandos were. Our Mando was less aggressive until he had to be.
BY playing with the baby frog was cool.
As mentioned, Titus Welliver is so ****ing nails. He said so few words and just owned that character. Made me miss him on Lost.
The chill of hearing Ahsoka's name in a live action show, said by someone who has the gravitas and experience to make it impactful.
Gideon's LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

Bryce Dallas Howard is one bad-ass director. I don't really notice a lot of like cinematography stuff in most of the things I watch, but there were so many cool angles of stuff in this one, and the action sequences were phenomenal.

Oh and the scared ****less Imperial officer in the cargo hold was fantastic.
Even though he is in full armor, they did a great job with his body language to depict how he was reacting to the other 3 being in full war mode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This episode is SO the way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, good to see MIB finally got off the island.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

The Razorcrest falling into the harbor and getting fished out by a crane was a perfect "what a piece of junk" Star Wars moment

Broken record, but tell me that didn't look straight up real. Amazing CGI in this show.
CajunAg97
AG
Never heard my 8 year old laugh so hard when this happened
Dro07
AG
Just getting her ready for alien
CharlieBrown17
AG
Something that bothered me is how young Bo Katan looked. It's been 30ish years since the clone wars.
redline248
AG
Katee is ageless

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.