*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,577 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Southlake said:

I wonder why Baby Yoda used his powers earlier in the show but hasn't used them since?
It looked to me like when he first walked up to the egg jar he put his hand up and force pulled them all toward himself.

It also sounded like a type of love music playing every time BY looked at the eggs
dave94
AG
YouBet said:

Man, talk about a Lighten Up Francis moment for some.

BY is a baby and an alien. We literally have one example of this species to model. And it's a force sentient species. How do we know they don't pop out without any moral compass or know right from wrong?

Maybe he's a burgeoning dark side Yoda or chaotically neutral until he's steered the right way.
Chaotically Neutral Baby Yoda, love it.
redline248
AG
Well, he did try to choke a b-tch for no real reason.
twilly
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
Am I the only one that really doesn't like Amy Sedaris' character? She seems like Bea Arthur's character in the holiday special. Actually most of the cameos seem to pull me out of the world a bit. Kind of like Brian Posen and Horatio Sanz.
powerbelly
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Am I the only one that really doesn't like Amy Sedaris' character? She seems like Bea Arthur's character in the holiday special. Actually most of the cameos seem to pull me out of the world a bit. Kind of like Brian Posen and Horatio Sanz.
Agree. Very distracting.
CrottyKid
AG
Sedaris' character is like an npc in a video game. You go click on her and she gives you information that moves the game along. I don't like it, but I don't think it would matter who was playing that character.
TCTTS
AG
I think you perfectly described for me what's increasingly bugging me about the show, that others have touched on as of late as well. Every episode feels like a new level of a video game; a new, random task to complete, and new "boss" to defeat, while moving the story forward like 5% each episode/level. I still enjoy watching it, but overall this is just not my style at all. I'm really hoping the other SW series feel less "adventure of the week" and instead tell a more connected, overarching story with actual, focused plot development every week. To each his own, but I'm definitely more serial as opposed to episodic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just gotta hold on till Obi-Wan!

That's absolutely gotta be a mini-series with a singular storyline.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If Baby Yoda had been awake he might have force choked all the Jawas for the Mudhorn's egg in Season 1.
TCTTS
AG
For sure. Cannot wait.
bobinator
AG
I think this is a challenge of the one episode a week decision. I like it for the online discussion, but it makes episodes that don't advance the plot as much feel even more out of place than they would if they did a full season dump.

It's also the challenge of only having two characters that are never apart. We don't have some characters advancing the big plot while some others are on a side quest like Game of Thrones or even Rebels or something. We're only following two characters, and one of them doesn't talk.
EMY92
AG
All I know if there are a bunch of raging antifrogites in here.
TCTTS
AG
That's a great point. Almost every other modern series has at least three plot lines going and we can constantly be cutting away or back and forth between them, a la Game of Thrones. But sticking with *one* plot line that we *never* cut away from, combined with the two primary characters consisting of one who can't talk and the other being behind a mask, makes for a lot of weirdly paced and frustrating TV at times. Again, it's still entertaining, and I enjoy it for the most part, but I really wish we were at least cutting away to, say, Moff Gideon on a Star Destroyer every once in a while, or Greef Carga doing his own thing, etc every so often.
powerbelly
AG
I would love if they would dive into the post-empire warlords trying to consolidate power with Moff Gideon.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. And I was/am hoping we get to see that kind of stuff lead to the seeds of the First Order.
Flashdiaz
AG
I think we're due for an episode that moves the story along significantly.
YouBet
AG
Is Gina off the show?
TCTTS
AG
No, she's back and in fact is rumored to be getting her own spinoff (which... no thank you).
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

No, she's back and in fact is rumored to be getting her own spinoff (which... no thank you).
Agree.

I would much rather them build out the universe in the old republic or something pre-clone wars.
YouBet
AG
powerbelly said:

TCTTS said:

Agree.

I would much rather them build out the universe in the old republic or something pre-clone wars.
Would like to see her back on this show. Zero desire to see her on her own show unless she has some very strong casting around her with well thought out story.
Saxsoon
AG
I could see a Star Wars twilight company type show being a good vehicle for her
Btron
AG
CrottyKid said:

Sedaris' character is like an npc in a video game. You go click on her and she gives you information that moves the game along. I don't like it, but I don't think it would matter who was playing that character.

She is the worst. She needs to be on a show with a laugh track or something. Like a neighbor to Seinfeld or Roseannes best friend for something.
sburg2007
I thought I was the only person who absolutely couldn't stand her. Guess I'm not!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Agree on Sedaris... she is quite annoying! Very out of place with her line delivery
redline248
AG
Give me old woman who feels storms comin' (Ani) in her bones over Sedaris, every day of the week
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cara Dune spin-off? Really?

I'll take a "Stories From Dexter Jettster's Diner" anthology series over that.

Edit: Didn't mean to hit reply.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, I would kill to finally see the underworld of Coruscant on screen. The nitty gritty, seedy underbelly of the planet.

If this is gonna be part of the rumored Boba Fett series, I am ALL in.
dave94
AG
redline248 said:

Give me old woman who feels storms comin' (Ani) in her bones over Sedaris, every day of the week

Oh god no, that lady was cringeworthy to the extreme.

Sedaris is a quirky old docking bay lady who's been living in Mos Eisley for god knows how long. I don't get taken out of the scenes she's in, y'all are overreacting.

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3155796/replies/57927611
redline248
AG
I was exaggerating a bit, but I think the pace of her delivery is terrible.
dave94
AG
redline248 said:

I can see where you're coming from. It's definitely a bit campy compared to the tone of the show overall.

I think this is one of those castings that a showrunner (Favreau in this case) makes knowing what they're gonna get from the actor. It may not work for everyone, but at least it's a small enough part that it doesn't totally derail the story.

It's kind of very Star Wars because there are always side characters that are just goofy, but somehow endearing.
twilly
AG
OMG!
This one rocks! So much, so much!
MandoArms
That was a short but solid episode. The plot line definitely moved forward today and it also opened up a new plot line.

I have a new theory now.

The reason Ahsoka goes to pick up Sabine on Lothal and find Ezra is so that Ezra can help train the Child. This could be what launches the Ahsoka Tano/Rebels sequel. We don't know exactly when the end scene in Rebels takes place but this could be a natural way to link the two series.
IG: mando_arms
EMY92
AG
Ignore this.
Btron
AG
dave94 said:

redline248 said:

I can see where you're coming from. It's definitely a bit campy compared to the tone of the show overall.

I think this is one of those castings that a showrunner (Favreau in this case) makes knowing what they're gonna get from the actor. It may not work for everyone, but at least it's a small enough part that it doesn't totally derail the story.

It's kind of very Star Wars because there are always side characters that are just goofy, but somehow endearing.

No she's bad. She might as well say "what's worse than a Droid? My ex husband! Badda Bing! " She is very distracting, kills the tone, I hope we never have to see her again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.