Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread: 2022

337,745 Views | 1833 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by BQ_00
ThatOneGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw a huge Texas indigo snake in the ranch country south of Falfurrias yesterday. I thought it was a pipe laying in the gravel road. Turns out if was the front half of an indigo that had to be at least seven feet long. It took off into the brush or down a burrow before I could get a picture.
maroon barchetta
Cool snakes.

My dad and step-mom had place on Lake Mathis for many years. They had not been living there long when they went for a walk one evening.

My step-mom saw something in the road up ahead. She told my dad "there is a big rope across the road up there" and my dad said "when we get closer, that rope is going to move".

Sure enough, Indigo about 8' long slithered off when they got close. She was horrified but my dad assured her that he was around to do good work.
CajunAggie
AG
Quote:

How did it get into your closet?
Don't know. Side door off the master bedroom? Through one of those small gaps in a brick next to the foundation?

What I can tell you is that Mrs. CajunAggie was majorly charged up when the whole thing went down. She swears it came home with me from deer camp. I do not think that is the case.

Good thing it was my closet and not hers.
maroon barchetta
I mean, maybe it did???
CajunAggie
AG
It's possible, but we've seen a few brown snakes in the four years that we've lived in this house. I've never seen a brown snake in Gillespie County -- and I've hunted there since 1974.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Almost time for a new snake thread already.
SteveBott
AG
A new thread is started in the new year. This year might be different
Birdbear
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

What do we have here…

Pretty sure I saw one of these in Crockett County in November. I was walking down a rocky hillside and got rattled at. It was a pretty small snake and I couldn't see the whole thing since it was in a skinny gap in a rock face. Now I know what it was, thanks.
mrsbeer05
AG
Little rat snake keeping me company while I lift weights this morning.
cuz-i-can
AG
Hey staff...when is snake thread 2023 going to be stickied?
agcrock2005
AG
My guess would be in 2023
mhnatt
ID please in south College Station:

I'm thinking a rat?

oragator
Nm
BQ_00
AG
Posted in 2023 thread

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.