Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread: 2022

337,716 Views | 1833 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by BQ_00
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dang. He was napping after a huge meal!
Cromagnum
AG
Boring Username said:

I hope that shovel was longer than this picture indicates.
Boring Username
AG
Haha, yes but I had to crop to reduce size for texags
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
txags92 said:

Cottonmouth laying next to one of our overgrown monitoring wells on the Keesler AFB golf courseā€¦

What is it with mocs and environmental? We had plenty of those along with water snakes in our recovery well vaults along Leon Creek at Kelly AFB. Our techs had snake tongs.
txags92
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

txags92 said:

Cottonmouth laying next to one of our overgrown monitoring wells on the Keesler AFB golf courseā€¦

What is it with mocs and environmental? We had plenty of those along with water snakes in our recovery well vaults along Leon Creek at Kelly AFB. Our techs had snake tongs.
Our guys had the same problems with those same wells. Snake chaps and tongs were required PPE. We found a small rattlesnake a few years ago right by the GWTP on Kelly right after I walked through the area taking trash to the dumpster.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Back in 1995, we actually had a lady make a formal complaint because she overheard one of the field techs saying he killed a rattle snake down in that area. She said he should have "relocated it and created a safety hazard by getting so close to kill it". She was a nutzo.
cuz-i-can
AG
My uneducated guess is that snakes or fish get darker when exposed to sunlight...
Pasadena Ag
AG
going back to WestTexAg12 thread on his GSP........ our place is up on lake limestone and i kill several copperheads a year. had a lab bitten and vet said benadryll and water, no food. she was good the next day.

anyway, i bred my GSP and she had pups Feb 12th. 10 of them. i have a male pup that looks just like the dog in the pics on page 24 or 25 that is WestTexAg12's dog. AstroAggie's dog is who we bred our female with.

both parents are registered, but one with AKC and the other with UKC. neither kennel will give me registration papers for the litter, so they are not officially registered at any kennel club but they are flood blood GSP with good blood lines. i did not bred her to make money - i wanted a female GSP to train from birth all the way up.

i have 2 GSPs out of the litter left that i will give away. the male looks exactly like WestTexAg's, and the female is white with a few big brown spots. brown heads on both. PM me if interested and i will send pics.
Copperpot
AG
Caught this little guy in the garage today. Been seeing Garter snakes all around the house lately. Seems like they're always chasing a frog.
1990AG
AG
Good bull. You should open a new thread on this.

wai3gotgoats
AG
Is there enough snake in this hastily taken photograph to identify?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yes, copperhead
12th Man Ag
AG
wai3gotgoats said:

Is there enough snake in this hastily taken photograph to identify?

Way more than enough. Glad it is on the other side of the fence! I hate those buggers!
MAS444
AG
We were fishing the San Miguel river in a canyon near Norwood, Co yesterday and walked up on a rattlesnake hanging out on some big rocks on the bank. No photos as it slid into a crevice in the rocks after we walked up on it. Scared the **** out of us!!! That makes 2 snakes in 2 weeks in Colorado after years of seeing none.
HarryJ33tamu
You still got the male?? My vizsla needs an energetic friend. My lab is getting old and worn down.
mrsbeer05
AG
Discovered this guy in our tree today. Juvenile rat?
I'm sad my boys weren't here to see him. Hopefully he'll stick around.

ttha_aggie_09
agcrock2005
AG
DBWS? Not great pic but got this last night in Rio Vista.

mandevilleag
I wonder if you have bats (or maybe I should say had bats) in that hollow tree, We spent a few days at Percy Quinn park last month. Right outside our trailer there was a maple tree with several holes in it like yours. At dusk the bats started falling out of the holes. There must have been sixty bats in that tree.
agcrock2005
AG
agcrock2005 said:

DBWS? Not great pic but got this last night in Rio Vista.

Anyone?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Pretty hard for me to tell based on that picture. It almost looks more like bands on the sides which would not likely be a DBWS. I would probably lean towards a PBWS/YBWS but again, really hard to tell from this picture. It is 100% a nonvenomous water snake
12f Mane
AG
Yellow-bellied watersnake
TheClaw07
AG
ID? Was in a friend's house. They thought it was a rattle snake by the color in the dark.
txags92
AG
Location? My untrained eye says maybe a bullsnake/gopher snake?
TheClaw07
AG
Burleson, TX. Bull snake crossed my mind
Badace52
AG
Looks like the pattern of a juvenile blotched/ yellow belly water snake.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
txags92
AG
Badace52 said:

Looks like the pattern of a juvenile blotched/ yellow belly water snake.
I wondered about that. Couldn't see the mouth to look for vertical lines. Looking at some photos online, I would bet that is it.
12f Mane
AG
Yellow-bellied watersnake
mrsbeer05
AG
mandevilleag said:

I wonder if you have bats (or maybe I should say had bats) in that hollow tree, We spent a few days at Percy Quinn park last month. Right outside our trailer there was a maple tree with several holes in it like yours. At dusk the bats started falling out of the holes. There must have been sixty bats in that tree.
I haven't seen any (we're in Magnolia). The hole seems to go be connected to another opening on the other side of the tree. I
jrrhouston98
AG
help with ID, please. Dog found in backyard.
Badace52
AG
Eastern hognose, cool snakes
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Daddy-O5
AG
Eastern Hognose
jrrhouston98
AG
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
byoung1052
AG
ID help? Found dead in side yard, no idea what would have killed it.

https://imgur.com/a/VRVI7cl
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Rat Snake

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.