Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,428 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by aggiejayrod
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rockdoc said:

So Wade gets to keep all his money and head to the bank, no problem. Smiling all the way.

Yeah biggest losing prosecutor; at what $600K plus billings with a daily booty call!
Ag with kids
AG
Rockdoc said:

So Wade gets to keep all his money and head to the bank, no problem. Smiling all the way.
Why would he head to the bank? He keeps that money stashed all around his house - like all black people do.
Bonfire.1996
The door has been opened to throw Wade under the bus and take the blame for everything. State Bar proceedings next and possible perjury charges to deepen the wedge.

Will he play ball?

Fani's entire investigation should now be restarted with new investigators, but it won't. The goal to get Trump always had a requirement- get him before the election. A new investigation would be impossible in that timeframe, so Fani will proceed and get wrecked in court. Her only hope is an all black, mostly female jury in Atlanta, which she might get.

My real question is spoliation of evidence now being a factor with everything Wade touched. If it is, this judge made a cowards ruling but likely did enough to derail the case before the election.
YouBet
AG
LMCane said:

once again all the Trump fans who spent weeks proclaiming Willis would be gone and the case would collapse.

proven wrong once again.
So was everyone else. Even MSNBC was lamenting she would be gone because her behavior and lying was so over the top they couldn't even defend it.

This isn't a gotcha. The judge is a coward and ruled thusly.
Rockdoc
AG
Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Why would he head to the bank? He keeps that money stashed all around his house - like all black people do.

Oh yeah I forgot about that
TXAggie2011
AG
BMX Bandit said:

sounds like dumb ruling. No time to read it, maybe over the weekend.

It's an in the weeds of Georgia law ruling. He says there is no actual conflict but there is an appearance of one.

And then spends some time quoting Georgia cases that allow for appearance of impropriety to be cured (my word) in various ways that fall short of removing the whole prosecution.
RGLAG85
AG
LMCane said:

once again all the Trump fans who spent weeks proclaiming Willis would be gone and the case would collapse.

proven wrong once again.
You are so gleefully, disgustingly transparent! You are the problem with the republican party!
rgag12
AG
I swear Trump must be batting .100 in court cases that directly or indirectly involve him.
will25u
Wasn't the whole case built around Wade and the "SPECIAL GRAND JURY"?
jt2hunt
AG
Most posters are on this thread all the time. The TDS folks only show up when it is not raining. Fair weather posters.
Im Gipper
will25u said:

Wasn't the whole case built around Wade and the "SPECIAL GRAND JURY"?

"Special" in same context we use as polite way of saying someone has mental ******ation!

I'm Gipper
Foreverconservative
nortex97 said:

Foreverconservative said:

Lying to the court is fine as long as you're a democrat.

That is the literal meaning of the ruling.
It's a ridiculous ruling. If there is a "compromised" situation, as the judge found, the responsibility for such compromise should fall on the one with the authority and higher ethical duty, who in this case is Fani Willis, yet this coward refused to rule her disqualified out of fear of political fallout. This is Fulton County and had he gone all the way, it's not out of the question that the retaliation to him physically as well as the political suicide it would bring.

The actual ruling says regarding the Forensic Misconduct which I find alarming

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Owlagdad
So we have those in power who cannot be touched by guilt, though plainly guilty. Our system only serves those in power and their stooges who might be in power.
Im Gipper
TXAggie2011 said:

BMX Bandit said:

sounds like dumb ruling. No time to read it, maybe over the weekend.

It's an in the weeds of Georgia law ruling. He says there is no actual conflict but there is an appearance of one.

And then spends some time quoting Georgia cases that allow for appearance of impropriety to be cured (my word) in various ways that fall short of removing the whole prosecution.

Well I don't know Georgia Law, but under normal law and ethics, that appearance SHOULD be enough for Willis to be off! Sounds like Georgia, the original debtors prison, is completely devoid of ethics!

I'm Gipper
Foreverconservative
This verbiage right here that is at the top of the first page I post bothers me as well

Quote:

"Yet reasonable questions about whether the District Attorney and her hand-selected lead SADA testified untruthfully about the timing of their relationship further underpin the finding of an appearance of impropriety and the need to make proportional efforts to cure it."

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Drahknor03
AG
This is a direct plea to the appeals court: "Take this away from me, I'm begging you!"
Ag with kids
AG
Foreverconservative said:

This verbiage right here that is at the top of the first page I post bothers me as well

Quote:

"Yet reasonable questions about whether the District Attorney and her hand-selected lead SADA testified untruthfully about the timing of their relationship further underpin the finding of an appearance of impropriety and the need to make proportional efforts to cure it."

Yes...

So, there's questions about whether BOTH Wade AND Willis testified truthfully...but the solution is to let ONE of them stay?
Bryanisbest
AG
Pontius Pilate passed the buck in the most unfair trial ever. The Mob made the decision for him.
Rockdoc
AG
So the Georgia Bar Association and Georgia Senate is currently investigating Wills. Is that right? And what are we looking at here as far as a timeline is concerned?
Foreverconservative
Another bothersome passage in regards to forensic misconduct

Quote:

However, the speech did not specifically mention any Defendant by name. Although not

improvised or inadvertent, it also did not address the merits of the indicted offenses in an effort to
move the trial itself to the court of public opinion. Nor did it disclose sensitive or confidential
evidence yet to be revealed or admitted at trial. In addition, the case is too far removed from jury
selection to establish a permanent taint of the jury pool. As best it can divine, under the sole
direction of Williams, the Court cannot find that this speech crossed the line to the point where
the Defendants have been denied the opportunity for a fundamentally fair trial, or that it requires
the District Attorney's disqualification.
So since she didn't actually say their names it's okay for her to imply as she did
bobbranco
AG

nm

No need to pile on further.
bobbranco
AG

nm
sam callahan
Democrats - openly cheering corruption to falsely prosecute corruption

Democrats - subverting democracy to falsely save democracy

I am not surprised Willis faces no consequences

I am not surprised so many crazed leftist aren't bothered by that and in fact cheer it

I am however, gravely disappointed that so many others are so disengaged that our justice system becomes a bigger mockery every day
maroon man
S
So translation.

Both of you are in the wrong but its ok if one of you stays

Got it.
Reality Check
Drahknor03 said:

This is a direct plea to the appeals court: "Take this away from me, I'm begging you!"

Yep…. It's a nice and tidy connect the dots puzzle he's created for the more conservative and more powerful appellate court.

Having read the 23-page decision, I'm very, very comfortable with what he did and the legal justification with limited precedent for why he did it.
pacecar02
Sounds like the judge attempts to cure and expects someone else to do the digging on weather Fani and Wade are due further scrutiny

Kinda passing the buck there

He did drop 6 of the charges

You'd think Fani might wanna get rid of Wade and also get away from this as well...I dunno

Wade is headed towards trouble in his personal divorce proceedings, there could be BAR concerns there

Trump cases aren't dead but did get put on life support, they may yet wither

Think about being the next guy to try to salvage the rico case, who would want to?
no sig
Rockdoc
AG
It's a shame. A fair judicial system was one thing you could count on in our country (at least in my many years). I'm afraid I'll never see it again.
will25u
will25u
Matt Hooper
AG
I agree.

Fani Willis did not impress as being very bright, BUT.......if she has a since of what is best for me and how to get out of this self-created mess, this seems to be her escape hatch.
Hooper Drives the Boat
JFABNRGR
AG
Matt Hooper said:

I agree.

Fani Willis did not impress as being very bright, BUT.......if she has a since of what is best for me and how to get out of this self-created mess, this seems to be her escape hatch.

Yes but will she take that over the $$$$$ the dnc throws at her?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Is this order subject to interlocutory appeal? Mandamus relief?
GenericAggie
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

speak english please?
Stat Monitor Repairman
35-year old judge thinks he's king Solomon and tried to split the baby.
TXAggie2011
AG
GenericAggie said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

speak english please?
To answer the question, I think its subject to discretionary interlocutory appeal

Interlocutory appeal means appeal before a final judgment in the case. Normally, you can only appeal after the trial court is done. Most jurisdictions automatically allow interlocutory appeals for some issues but also allow trial judges to "certify" questions for interlocutory appeals if they so choose. Or, sometimes you get to appeal on your own without permission and the appellate court gets to decide whether to accept it. Depends on where you are.

EDIT--Let me double check if the appellate court has discretion to accept or deny acceptance in Georgia.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.