Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,130 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

45-70Ag said:

I'm waiting for it to come out the judge is banging fani.
spit roasting her with Wade.

Reality Check
aggiehawg said:

Reality Check said:

Quote:

pretty sure that the decision not to disqualify is not immediately appealable. would have to wait until after the trial. but hawg is right, they could be creating a record for appeal.

i don't think he will reopen evidence. it's already the neverending hearing.

It is… by either side.

Projection is that will add another month to the pretrial process, further diminishing the potential for this to go to trial before Election Day and, subsequently, ever.

In my view, it might actually go faster if McAfee disqualifies them and it goes to the state agency to decide which other county's DA's office for review.
Another D.A.'s office has to voluntarily come forward to take the case. The odds of that happening are about as high as it is on Fani's case against the lieutenant governor that's been gathering dust for eight months.
aggiejayrod
AG
jt2hunt said:

So she just picked up where he left off?

Well…he was sleeping with a subordinate and acting extremely corrupt and all she's done is sleep with a subordinate, give him an extremely lucrative contract and act extremely corrupt. Totally different
Reality Check
texagbeliever said:

I just want to know who was the genius in the whitehouse counsel who signed off on letting Fani Willis (and Wade) spearhead this investigation against Trump.

How hard is it to do a simple background check to realize there are some huge potential issues? Can you imagine the great publicity for Trump if he can go out there and say Fani Willis, the prosecutor against me was using funds to enrich herself and pay her boy toy. They got disbarred. That is game over level publicity.
He's already doing that.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/trump-says-he-s-a-proud-political-dissident-during-fiery-north-carolina-rally-after-slamming-fani-willis-and-nathan-wade-for-their-sexcapades-during-the-election-interference-case/ar-BB1jejkz

Quote:

Probably so. But still, it is an open secret that the WH counsel put together this case against Trump. Fani was just the figurehead. An untouchable black woman. Except she has so many weak points of vulnerability, she can blow the whole thing up. The WH counsel should have pulled the rip cord and said, nope this is not worth the risk.

The White House got half of what it wanted with the mugshot and was ready to pick up the other half with a six-week trial, keeping Trump glued to the defendant's table and allowing the media to speculate about him being in Fulton County Jail on Election Night after a partisan jury voted 12-0 in five minutes to find him guilty on every charge.

They always knew they had nothing and would lose on appeal.

But as for pulling Fani off the case -- she was their only option. Nobody else in the state has the partisan hate, personal ambition and complete lack of ethics to bring this nonsense to the court.
texagbeliever
The last part is kind of my point.

You can have a great run scheme, but if your LG can't pull like you need him to your run play is going to get blown up. You aren't a good coach if you call a play your players can't execute. Here WH counsel called a play, their players couldn't execute. That is all on them.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Another D.A.'s office has to voluntarily come forward to take the case. The odds of that happening are about as high as it is on Fani's case against the lieutenant governor that's been gathering dust for eight months.
I was confused if it was truly voluntarily for those offices or not, or more of next office up? type of situation?
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I was confused if it was truly voluntarily for those offices or not, or more of next office up? type of situation?

It's not really voluntary. As the Georgia statute and policy says, it's a responsibility of DAs to take reassigned cases and if they're assigned a case, it's their case.

Now, I would expect there would be conversations to be had with any potential new casehandlers given the size and scope of this case about resources, etc. and it wouldn't get reassigned to a DA that's absolutely adamant they couldn't handle it.
Foreverconservative
texagbeliever said:

I just want to know who was the genius in the whitehouse counsel who signed off on letting Fani Willis (and Wade) spearhead this investigation against Trump.

How hard is it to do a simple background check to realize there are some huge potential issues? Can you imagine the great publicity for Trump if he can go out there and say Fani Willis, the prosecutor against me was using funds to enrich herself and pay her boy toy. They got disbarred. That is game over level publicity.
There's a lot of smoke coming out of this ethics investigation that the GA congress is doing on Willis about this Democratic strategist and Fulton County's Deputy District Attorney, Jeff DiSantis, who was compensated with four payments amounting to $131,335 for consultancy services. Word is he's the one who hand picked the Special GJ and wrote everything, and Wade was just a front man. This DiSantis has direct ties to the Biden Admin and it's looking more and more like he's a plant. DiSantis has a dual role as a deputy DA and consultant to the Special Counsel and supposedly he's running the show while these two knuckleheads were out running taking trips and eight hour lunches. This DiSantis is very well connected. And get this, DiSantis founded 20/20 Insights, LLC in 2010, and he was the registered agent for the company until last month. On February 2, 2024, the company replaced his name as the registered agent with Christopher Huttman, DiSantis' business partner.

The timing of the change is suspicious. because it was just a few days before Willis testified about her affair Wade, and two days after a court filing alleging Willis' romantic relationship with Wade. Maybe it's just a coincidence but it sure looks like he's trying to distance his firm from this scandal unfolding in Fulton County. This guy was raking in millions as a democrat consultant for years so why in the hell would he suddenly in 2022 take a major pay cut to get a $70,000 or $80,000 prosecutorial job? It just doesn't add up. This guy is a slimy guy like Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS fame, maybe worse. 20/20 Insights looks just like Fusion GPS
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It's not really voluntary. As the Georgia statute and policy says, it's a responsibility of DAs to take reassigned cases and if they're assigned a case, it's their case.

Now, I would expect there would be conversations to be had with any potential new casehandlers given the size and scope of this case about resources, etc. and it wouldn't get reassigned to a DA that's absolutely adamant they couldn't handle it.
It is a needlessly large and unwieldy case that few courtrooms could even accommodate all of the counsel for the parties. McAfee's courtroom is not large enough. Pare that f***er down to five or four defendants and go from there with participatory immunity agreements. Give the small defendants Queen for Day hearings and decide on immunity with cooperation in future testimony. Hard to show conspiracy with 18 co-defendants who never communicated with each other.

This isn't like Michael Corleone being at a public christening of his sister's baby while he had four people whacked. No matter how much you wish it were so.
will25u
Foreverconservative
will25u said:

Seriously when has Sperry ever gotten anythng close to right?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
AgCat93
AG
Interesting thought -

How many other district attorney offices across the country have been infiltrated by Biden plants from DC? A guess: MANY.
jt2hunt
AG
I think Fani is done enough already to spill over into all of her cases, previously an upcoming!
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
will25u said:

"familiar with Judge McAfee's thinking" seems intentionally vague. I seriously doubt the judge is going around telling colleagues how he plans to rule in this case. And in the absence of him verbalizing such, this speculation is about as meaningless as it gets.

IANAL, but why would ruling against Wade and Willis spill into all of Willis' other cases? If he determines that prosecutorial misconduct was carried out, it would be based upon the facts very specific to this case, would it not? How would that necessarily relate to any other cases she has prosecuted? I suppose he could turn her or both of them to the Bar for investigation, but short of her losing her job how would that influence cases she has already tried?
aggiehawg
AG
After the Georgia state senate committee hearing this morning with Ashleigh Merchant detailing her investigative steps and walking them through how and why she filed the motion for disqualification, the continued viability of this case is very much in question.

A lot of bombshells this morning.
Tramp96
will25u said:

Terrible reason not to do the right thing...because you don't want other instances of impropriety to see the light.

Our society has no integrity anymore.
barbacoa taco
AG
this is a meaningless attempt to read the tea leaves
aggiehawg
AG
Tramp96 said:

will25u said:

Terrible reason not to do the right thing...because you don't want other instances of impropriety to see the light.

That is also an indictment of the quality of his fellow jurists not being able to sus out prosecutorial misconduct within their own court rooms.
TXAggie2011
AG
He Who Shall Be Unnamed said:

will25u said:

"familiar with Judge McAfee's thinking" seems intentionally vague. I seriously doubt the judge is going around telling colleagues how he plans to rule in this case. And in the absence of him verbalizing such, this speculation is about as meaningless as it gets.

IANAL, but why would ruling against Wade and Willis spill into all of Willis' other cases? If he determines that prosecutorial misconduct was carried out, it would be based upon the facts very specific to this case, would it not? How would that necessarily relate to any other cases she has prosecuted? I suppose he could turn her or both of them to the Bar for investigation, but short of her losing her job how would that influence cases she has already tried?
Disqualification due to the romance with Wade wouldn't affect any case Wade's not involved with, as Wade's involvement is the whole predicate for the possible disqualification.

Also hard to see how forensic misconduct due to the church speech would spill out, as her speech was very much about this case.
Agthatbuilds
Tramp96 said:

will25u said:

It would seem to me that the cans of worms that might be opened up should be opened up.

I'd consider it paramount that if other people's cases were treated with the same corruption, they deserve to have the cases looked at again.

But, that tweet is nothing. That dude doesn't know *****
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I'd consider it paramount that if other people's cases were treated with the same corruption, they deserve to have the cases looked at again.
Yes and no. This was a special situation with outside prosecutors being brought in and put on hourly contracts. All of the other prosecutions were by salaried employees of the county DA's office. Hence not a fraudulent scheme comig very close to a money laundering operation for those cases.

Having said that, there is the matter of the taint team contracts going to Wade's partners at the time when he is also under contract with the prosecutor's office raises a separate issue. Not one that it will be easy to find evidence of malfesance...unless they were stupid enough to exchange text messages about it. At this point what are the odds they were that stupid?
richardag
texagbeliever said:

Is it possible she was the least corrupt of the choices?
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

Disqualification due to the romance with Wade wouldn't affect any case Wade's not involved with, as Wade's involvement is the whole predicate for the possible disqualification.

Also hard to see how forensic misconduct due to the church speech would spill out, as her speech was very much about this case.
I think perjury would be much more concerning to me, if I were Fanny.
richardag
Tramp96 said:

will25u said:

Terrible reason used by the judge. Could be the reason used but not the actual reason?
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
aggiehawg
AG
richardag said:

texagbeliever said:

Good question. Could this have been made into a federal case from the beginning with US Attorneys investigating certain aspects of it? Could the Coffee County DA investigate the alleged election machine tampering (after the election) in Coffee County? Without the overall umbrella of a state RICO case jurisdiction would appear to lie outside of Fulton County. But then Nathan and Fani wouldn't be on the gravy train for those, now would they?
aggiejayrod
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

He Who Shall Be Unnamed said:

will25u said:

It was bound to happen. I actually starred one of your posts ;-)

There actually really needs to be a reckoning with prosecutors in general not to talk about cases in public prior to receiving a decision. The purpose is to taint the jury pool most of the time. It's a system currently stacked heavily against defendants
oysterbayAG
AG
McAfee is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he lets these two knuckleheads proceed,the team of defendants lawyers will bombard him during the trial with motions to dismiss as an endless stream of incriminating evidence is discovered about Willis and Wade. A forensic audit of the DA's office will be the kill shot !
Foreverconservative
aggiehawg said:

richardag said:

texagbeliever said:

Good question. Could this have been made into a federal case from the beginning with US Attorneys investigating certain aspects of it? Could the Coffee County DA investigate the alleged election machine tampering (after the election) in Coffee County? Without the overall umbrella of a state RICO case jurisdiction would appear to lie outside of Fulton County. But then Nathan and Fani wouldn't be on the gravy train for those, now would they?
Also interesting is the Fani Willis meeting with Kamala Harris at the White House on Feb 28, 2023, because despite all her cackling word salad stupidity, she was a former DA and AG.
will25u
Wrench thrown. Ruh roh rorge.

District went 73% Biden. Don't see Mcafee surviving either way he rules.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Civil rights attorney and talk radio host Robert Patillo plans to run against Fulton Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee, who has been overseeing the high-profile election interference case against former President Donald Trump and others.

Patillo plans to qualify as a candidate for the position on Thursday, according to multiple people with knowledge who declined to speak on the record. He is the former executive director of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, the social justice and civil rights group founded by Rev. Jesse Jackson. He's also a criminal defense attorney, cable news pundit and a former candidate for statehouse who has previously billed himself as a conservative Democrat.
How does he "plan to qualify as a candidate"? What does that even mean? Isn't Thursday a deadline for filing for that office/election?
TXAggie2011
AG
It means file the appropriate forms and show you meet eligibility requirements. Judge McAfee did it the other day.

Foreverconservative
I called it the other day. I knew the DNC machine had someone waiting in the wings if McAfee ruled against them. They've seen the writing on the wall with Willis and and Wade, they are toast, they screwed the pooch and McAfee was in a lose lose position. Fulton County is the Mecca for corruption in GA, the Machine will take the judge down and install their stiff.
aggiehawg
AG
If there was a chance McAfee did not remove Fani and Wade because he was more politically motivated to keep his seat on the bench, inserting a last minute primary challenger just took that off of the table. McAfee won't be a judge after the next election in any event.

Nothing left to lose for him.
TequilaMockingbird
Foreverconservative said:

will25u said:

Seriously when has Sperry ever gotten anythng close to right?
I think he's been watching too many Law and Order reruns.
Reality Check
McAfee seems to be the kind of judge who is conscientious and unwilling to be swayed by political recourse.

Fulton County Board of Ethics hearing involving two complaints against Fani kicks off at 9 o'clock (CST) tomorrow.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/fulton-county-da-fani-willis-board-of-ethics-hearing-scheduled-for-march-7

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.