Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,080 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So Monday we can expect a strongly worded letter admonishing the actions of the DA but the trial can continue?
Rapier108
JFABNRGR said:

So Monday we can expect a strongly worded letter admonishing the actions of the DA but the trial can continue?
That's a pretty safe bet.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiehawg
AG
Im Gipper said:

1872walker said:

State passes on questioning Willis
I bet they did!

Judge: Would the State like to get behind the wheel of this garbage barge trainwreck?

Lawyer: Nah, we good.
If they cross, then Merchant et. al. get a redirect. Understandable from a strategic standpoint.

Also a sign they know they have pretty much lost.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Im Gipper said:

1872walker said:

I bet they did!

Judge: Would the State like to get behind the wheel of this garbage barge trainwreck?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
nortex97
AG
Im Gipper said:

1872walker said:

I bet they did!

LOL. Exactly.
TXAggie2011
AG
Im Gipper said:

1872walker said:

I bet they did!

Folks were throwing this around yesterday evening.

And I get it. I'm not sure what they could add in cross. Fani answered when the relationship started, Fani answered about the trips and how they were paid, Fani explained the origin of having cash (which referenced her father who is testifying today so they may seek to corroborate that then.)

They didn't hit her with anything new evidence or any "gotchas" that need further explanation.

You either view her testimony as credible or you don't. This board won't. The Berkeley board will.

Pissing match.
1872walker
I fully believe her testimony that Mr. Wade is a misogynist whose dick doesn't work.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I'm not sure what they could add in cross.
Add?

No attempt to rehabilitate her as a witness? No attempt to bolster her credibility?

For weeks the entire effort was to keep her and Wade from ever being on the stand. When the supplementals wre filed with the receipts for travel that were on Wade's credit card (his business credit card) with both of their names on them, Wade at least was going to be called to explain those. When he couldn't credibly explain those, the judge was leaning towards calling her but with restrictions to those subjects, IMO.

But then Fani comes charging into the courtroom with a full head of steam, no less, contradicts her counsel's position and practically demands to be on the stand. Although she denied it, it was obvious she had been watching Wade's testimony and was incensed because he botched it, badly.

Then she self-immolated when she was on the stand.
Ellis Wyatt
JFABNRGR said:

If that.
1872walker
And we're back
1872walker
Former Governor Roy Barnes to testify?
SA68AG
AG
Another HUGE deal that's going to fizzle out to a nothing. Rinse and repeat.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Yeah I was surprised they didn't have an overnight cramming session to get ducks in a row and then cross in a way that would be restorative to credibility.

Put simply, the record on this matter is a train wreck. That they didn't bother to try to rehabilitate speaks volumes.
Im Gipper
A simple 15 minute examination putting up the key points they want to establish is all they needed to do.

They knew this lady was uncontrollable on the stand. Smart move by them!

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Yeah I was surprised they didn't have an overnight cramming session to get ducks in a row and then cross in a way that would be restorative to credibility.

Put simply, the record on this matter is a train wreck. That they didn't bother to try to rehabilitate speaks volumes.
Train wreck is an understatement.

Now Bradley is in violation of his subpoena? Failed to appear today?
AG
I'd like your opinion on the entrance. It was obvious she was listening or watching given the timing. Her BS story sounded like BS. But what got me was when they asked her when it ended, she said the same thing he said, "he's a man, he probably said June or July" and she said the difficult conversation happened a bit later. Why the hell would she say exactly what he said during his testimony, he said "I'm a man, I really don't remember exact dates for something like that".

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
She has way too much temper/ego to navigate a well planned direct followed by delivering a cool-as-a-cucumber performance against hostile attorneys.

About as bad of a witness as you could imagine. Her insistence on getting on the stand pretty much sums that up.
bobbranco
AG
Tramp96 said:

The fact that this dumbass was elected as DA is proof of a rigged election. There is no way this moron could have been legitimately elected to office.
Have you forgotten about an illustrious Georgia resident? Her being in office explains plenty about Georgians.
aggiehawg
AG
Fani's Dad came in from California? I thought he was too ill to travel?
one safe place
Foreverconservative said:

one safe place said:

The IRS should look into both Willis and Wade. The whole cash business I don't believe.

I would ask Willis if she considers her job as DA as being full-time or does she have a side law practice. I think she would say full-time DA. Then I would ask her if the county pays her by check or direct deposit. I am sure the answer is direct deposit. So it isn't as if she takes a $7,000 check from the county and when making a deposit she takes $4,000 out for cash and deposits $3,000.

I would get copies of her bank statements and credit card statements and I doubt you will see any withdrawals from her bank account for the cash she says she has and pays for things with. So I would ask her how she replenishes the cash she says she spends, it has to come from somewhere.

As to Wade, he uses his corporate card for this stuff. But that Willis reimburses him. I'd want to see if he is deducting anything in connection with her. No doubt it would be a stretch to say any of it was business, but even if it was business, if she reimbursed him for the expenses, he doesn't get any deduction.

Having said all that, them being both black and democrats means they can do just about anything and get away with it.
Guess you missed yesterday. She flat out told them they weren't getting her bank records PERIOD, unless they are going to charge her with a crime, because she stated and I quote "I'm not the one on trial here, they are for trying to steal an election. You ain't going to see my bank records." SH e then called the courtroom full of attorneys a bunch of crooks and liars. Told defense counsel "Not to get cute with her" She put on quite the show.

Guess you missed where I said "the IRS should..." She might not have to provide financial records as part of this appearance, but she would have to if the IRS took a look.
barbacoa taco
AG
aggiehawg said:

Im Gipper said:

1872walker said:

I bet they did!

If they cross, then Merchant et. al. get a redirect. Understandable from a strategic standpoint.

Also a sign they know they have pretty much lost.
I don't think you're looking at this with very much objectivity. Not calling her is not a sign they have "pretty much lost." Even though she's not the defendant, it's common for defense counsel to not examine their own client. Sometimes, nothing else needs to be said, and denying the other side an opportunity for redirect is a good strategic move.

She was heated on the stand yesterday and gave answers to questions that were way too long and detailed. But as the examination went on it devolved into a fishing expedition and really just a show to the court (and national audience) that she's made some questionable decisions in her life, essentially putting her on trial. I kept waiting for them to elicit testimony that actually shows there's a conflict of interest that serves to disadvantage Trump. So far, they haven't done that, but they have created a salacious scandal to call her credibility into question.
AG
Well we now know why Fani can't stop talking. Dad is quite verbose at times.

pdc093
What is up with the father prattling on like he's being interviewed for 60 Minutes, rather than being questioned as a WITNESS in a TRIAL. And WHY is the Judge NOT directing him to ANSWER THE QUESTIONS?!?
AustinCountyAg
It is amazing how stupid a person can be and still get a law degree.
AgCat93
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Well we now know why Fani can't stop talking. Dad is quite verbose at times.

And neither of them knows when to stop talking.
AustinCountyAg
pdc093 said:

What is up with the father prattling on like he's being interviewed for 60 Minutes, rather than being questioned as a WITNESS in a TRIAL. And WHY is the Judge NOT directing him to ANSWER THE QUESTIONS?!?
judge is walking a fine line, because Fanni can make his life hell if it doesn't go her way.
Ellis Wyatt
pdc093 said:

The judge is a eunuch.

I am sure the dad was coached to do anything but answer the question just like Fanny did yesterday.
AgCat93
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Yesterday was a perfect example of DEI in law schools. This woman has next to no legal knowledge or courtroom skill and has gotten to where she is because she's a talker with an attitude.
AustinCountyAg
AgCat93 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Yesterday was a perfect example of DEI in law schools. This woman has next to no legal knowledge or courtroom skill and has gotten to where she is because she's a talker with an attitude.
and because she's a black woman
pdc093
This is outrageous.
Question requires a 'YES' or 'NO'
Answer:
"I had to move from room to room because of all the threats that it became uninhabitable"

Clown Show.
aggiehawg
AG
"It's a black thing"??
1872walker
aggiehawg said:

"It's a black thing"??

in this case, it's apparently a privilege
aggiehawg
AG
He kept client's possessions in his home?
aggiehawg
AG
Daddy's memory seems to come and go, doesn't it?
Ellis Wyatt
Now Dad is running the courtroom.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.