Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

206,920 Views | 2421 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

aggiehawg said:

Did she just take exhibits with her out of the courtroom? Or were those copies of pleadings? I lost track of what was up there with her.
The only documents I saw she was given were campaign finance reports.
And those were marked defense exhibits that were entered into evidence. Maybe the clerk or one of the lawyers retrieved those exhibits before she walked out and I missed that but that was just weird. Generally the only witnesses who can take their materials when leaving the stand are experts.
Aggies2009
AG
Had forgotten that simpleton that the leftist voters think is a genius candidate.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yes, forgot about that.
giddings_ag_06
AG
The amazing part to me is she admitted to having a 6 figure job that only required her to work 2 days a week and she still couldn't pay her bills. People are so stupid with their money. She's just stupid in general, but also with money.
One Louder
AG
Greg Gutfeld had a great idea. He said "The View " should have a segment called "Whatchu Talkin' Bout, Willis?" where Fani dispenses financial and romantic advice. Each of her answers would be about three-and-a-half hours.
YouBet
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

FDT 1999 said:

Holy cow, I'm just waiting for the Jerry Springer bell to ring. That was great!

Merchant should just object. I don't know why she's letting Willis continue to say whatever she wants to.

Sometimes you let a witness ramble because they get themselves tangled up but Willis hasn't been doing that
Do what? My wife watched most of this and shared 4-5 examples of her contradicting her own testimony between start and finish. She was blatantly lying and avoiding questions the entire time.
aginlakeway
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

The amazing part to me is she admitted to having a 6 figure job that only required her to work 2 days a week and she still couldn't pay her bills. People are so stupid with their money. She's just stupid in general, but also with money.

Did she ever mention why she had a tax lien if she had the cash at home to pay it? Why subject yourself to a tax lien being filed?
aggiehawg
AG
Aggies2009 said:

aggiehawg said:

Let me just put it this way. Neither Wade nor Willis did themselves any favors today.

That was a disaster.
Elaborate? I only saw bits and pieces of her melting down a few times, but sadly that's not enough.
Neither she nor Wade were well prepared for testimony today despite having notice of the topics as contained in motions and supplementals Merchant and other defense counsels had filed. but they could not keep dates straight, timelines straight, zero documentation for all of the cash they claimed changed hands between them as "reimbursement" for costs of travel advanced by the other. Nothing to corroborate any of their testimony.

And their testimony of how they handle their personal and business financial affairs was just ridiculous. The way he ran his law firm financially made absolutely no sense, saying he split legal fees with lawyers who were not his partners (legally) and who had done no work on those matters.
YouBet
AG
aggiehawg said:

Aggies2009 said:

aggiehawg said:

Let me just put it this way. Neither Wade nor Willis did themselves any favors today.

That was a disaster.
Elaborate? I only saw bits and pieces of her melting down a few times, but sadly that's not enough.
Neither she nor Wade were well prepared for testimony today despite having notice of the topics as contained in motions and supplementals Merchant and other defense counsels had filed. but they could not keep dates straight, timelines straight, zero documentation for all of the cash they claimed changed hands between them as "reimbursement" for costs of travel advanced by the other. Nothing to corroborate any of their testimony.

And their testimony of how they handle their personal and business financial affairs was just ridiculous. The way he ran his law firm financially made absolutely no sense, saying he split legal fees with lawyers who were not his partners (legally) and who had done no work on those matters.
I liked that he uses his corporate card for all personal and work expenses and then his tax guy splits it up for him at the end of the year. And that alot of his clients just pay him cash. I'm sure there are no tax mistakes and misuse of funds there at all.
pdc093
wtf?!?

TXAggie2011
AG
Aggies2009 said:

aggiehawg said:

That was a disaster.

The word play around Wade's interrogatories was the worst part for "them."

Otherwise folks who are inclined to dislike them will say Fani acted up, the paying with cash thing is weird, etc.

And those who are inclined to support them will say they didn't concede anything, their stories matched up entirely, the one witness who testified about their relationship couldn't remember any details, etc.

How the State's attempted impeachment of that witness goes tomorrow might be the most consequential part of this hearing. It sounds like they will put 2 to 3 witnesses on the stand to impeach her and then will also be calling Willis' father to the stand (who I think will testify about living arrangements mostly)

Today could have been handled in 2 hours. The Judge was exhausted by the end over the repetitiveness of the whole day.
45-70Ag
AG
This lady is a walking abortion.
45-70Ag
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

then will also be calling Willis' father to the stand (who I think will testify about living arrangements mostly)
Via zoom. He's ill and in California.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
aginlakeway said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

Did she ever mention why she had a tax lien if she had the cash at home to pay it? Why subject yourself to a tax lien being filed?

I think when pressed she said something similar to "it's like shopping when a bill is due". Basically, I'll get to it.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
AC Hopper
S
Tramp96 said:

The fact that this dumbass was elected as DA is proof of a rigged election. There is no way this moron could have been legitimately elected to office.
Apparently you have never visited Atlanta or spent any time in the Fulton County Courthouse.
aggiehawg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

aginlakeway said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

I think when pressed she said something similar to "it's like shopping when a bill is due". Basically, I'll get to it.
She tried to use some trite statements that might get a laugh in the courtroom with a jury. Fell completely flat and mostly because of her demeanor. At first, her voice was quavering and I thought she might be scared but as things progressed, it became clearer that she was full of rage.

Tell you what, had I been as young and in Ashleigh Merchant's shoes, I would have looked at the big beefy bailiff to come closer when she had to approach Willis on the stand. Willis might had tried to punch her out.
BMX Bandit
This continuing tomorrow? Thought I read court set aside two days
PA24
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Georgia law is tainted
AG
BMX Bandit said:

9 EST is what the judge said but I didn't hear that it was in a couple of days.

aggiehawg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Yep. And Fani will be back on the stand to be "crossed" by her underlings in the DA's office. She already overruled her designated counsel, Cross, on an objection from the stand leading to Cross withdrawing the objection. That was funny.

But Cross (the lawyer) will have to somehow try to rehabilitate Willis tomorrow while not also pissing Willis off.

Good luck, dear. Daunting task, if you ask me. And Cross also has to be careful of not opening another door to revisit some issues. Personally, I want someone to ask about Willis testifying that her cash stash included "excess campaign funds."

What? Excess campaign funds in cash? How were those even accounted for?
AG
I'm guessing Wade's little story about the bill where he "worked" a bunch of hours and didn't get paid didn't do squat for the judge. Might have garnered some sympathy from some jurors, but I would assume the judge would be eye rolling.

giddings_ag_06
AG
A District Attorney blowing off paying bills while having a lien and basically bragging about keeping up to $15k with her "wherever she puts her head down" is an amazing display of laziness and entitlement. I can't believe people like that can hold any kind of position of power. Horrible. I'd be pissed if I was a taxpayer there and paying her salary.
Marlin39m
I listened to cnn earlier and you folks don't know what you are talking about. They set the record straight that Willis and bf were straightforward, feisty, and won the day, while the witness that testified to the affair starting earlier was not credible and the Trump attorneys did a horrible job of questioning her.
Who?mikejones!
Did she fly with 10k in cash?
MarkTwain
Agthatbuilds said:

Doubtful. She used cards like everybody else, she's trying to act like she's a high roller, yet she refused to turn over bank statements and credit card statements because she knows damn good and well she would be completely exposed.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Most she claims she traveled with cash was 4,000, in Belize, for his 50th birthday.

When The Hubs was turning 39, for his birthday, I paid completely for a trip to see the Rolling Stones in ABQ.

To this day (he's 65) remembers that entire trip. BECAUSE IT WAS FOR HIS BIRTHDAY.
Tex100
AG
aggiehawg said:

Aggies2009 said:

aggiehawg said:

That was a disaster.

Referral fees
aggiehawg
AG

I'm guessing Wade's little story about the bill where he "worked" a bunch of hours and didn't get paid didn't do squat for the judge. Might have garnered some sympathy from some jurors, but I would assume the judge would be eye rolling.
No jury here. Judge only.
TequilaMockingbird
AG
Yes. That's why it was a stupid little fake show. He might have fooled people not paying attention, but the judge sees right through that pathetic act.

YouBet
AG
Hit me that this dumb B thinks she is on Reality Housewives Atlanta and that there are no repercussions.

Unfortunately, she's probably right.
aginlakeway
AG
I wonder if the IRS will want to talk to her about this cash.
YouBet
AG
aginlakeway said:

I wonder if the IRS will want to talk to her about this cash.

Hell no. Black Democrat DA going after Trump? She's good.
aggiehawg
AG

Yes. That's why it was a stupid little fake show. He might have fooled people not paying attention, but the judge sees right through that pathetic act.
Judge sees through it but he is younger and has kids. The threats coming Dems to kill them have to be off of the charts. Atlanta. MOB central.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.