Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,105 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, I think so
Whistle Pig
eric76 said:

Aren't the vast majority of petitions to dismiss a criminal case denied?

When you got that Kraken money from the rubes you try every dismissal motion and every appeal. It ain't her cheddar.
oh no
AG
So Chesebro is a lifelong liberal attorney with a Harvard JD who once worked for Al Gore that is now facing decades in prison because he wrote memos about the possibility of using alternate electors, something democrats have done before, and shared them with Trump's attorneys? It's a good thing Fani Willis is totally unbiased because no one is above the law and dangerous criminals like that cannot be allowed near the streets of Atlanta. That man's family deserves to see him locked up for decades to come for those horrendous acts.
DenverAg91
AG
I'll believe Fani Willis under one condition - If Biden loses the 2024 election and he tries to overthrow the election results over the "racist voter ID law" and she throws the book at him with a RICO charge
will25u
https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-updates/trump-fraud-trial/you-lied-yesterday-trump-attorney-accuses-witness-104077129?id=103642561

After a brief interruption, Fields presented a 2014 email where McConney asked Larson, "I hate to be a pest, but the accountants are coming in tomorrow to go over my valuations. Any chance you can answer my question below?"

Asked about that email, Larson acknowledged that McConney was using his information to support Trump Organization valuations in 2013.

It was at this point that Fields directly asked if Larson had lied yesterday, prompting the witness to be excused briefly.

"He perjured himself yesterday, in my opinion," Kise told the court.

"This is a performance … not a legal issue," Wallace countered.

"He was accused of perjury on the stand," Engoron noted before bringing Larson back into the courtroom.

While Larson still denied that he "worked with" McConney on the valuations, he ultimately conceded that he knew the information he provided was used to value Trump properties at the time -- seemingly contradicting his testimony yesterday.

"You knew in 2013 that Mr. McConney was using the information you sent him, mainly the capitalization rates, to value the Trump properties?" Fields said.

"I did," Larson said.
aggiehawg
AG
eric76 said:

Yes. Motion practice requires motions to be made at the correct times to preserve error on appeal. Almost malpractice not to make the motion at the appropriate time if crap goes off of the rails later in the case.
will25u
Im Gipper
Wow! Now that's shocking!

I thought she would go down with the Kraken ship for sure.

Does she have personal knowledge she can testify with against Trump? Surely there is a cooperation deal on this?

I'm Gipper
TXAggie2011
AG
Correction
will25u said:

The Kraken has finally been released!

Pleading to 6 counts of "Conspiracy to Commit Intentional Interference with Performance of Election Duties"

All this stuff relates to the elections director for Coffee County, GA improperly giving people hired by Powell access to voting equipment/information they're not illegally allowed to access.

Count 1: Attempting to tamper with ballot marking and tabulating machines
Count 2: Attempting to take possession of ballots by persons not authorized by law to do so
Count 3: Use of computer in attempt to obtain proprietary software of Dominion Voting Systems Corp.
Count 4: Use of computer in attempt to access confidential voter data

Counts 5 and 6 are just additional instances of Counts 3 and 4.

Im Gipper

An apology letter? This is some serious punishment! Must have been a VERY seroius crime!

I'm Gipper
HTownAg98
That speedy trial motion worked very well for her.
TXAggie2011
AG
Chesebro had been trying to exclude evidence on account of attorney-client privilege.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Im Gipper said:

An apology letter? This is some serious punishment! Must have been a VERY seroius crime!
in all seriousness, I've had many occasions where the first thing a client tells me they want is an apology.
Im Gipper
This is a criminal case. An apology letter is a joke.

As an aside, aren't you a bankruptcy attorney in Houston? Exciting times down there if you are jonesing to look at some closed Chapter 11 cases!

I'm Gipper
TXAggie2011
AG
HTownAg98 said:

That speedy trial motion worked very well for her.

It's basically the same deal Scott Hall got, who didn't file such a motion. Both Powell and Hall are "glue guys" who had contact with a number of the other co-defendants including those who weren't on the ground themselves in Georgia.

Their testimony, I imagine, is viewed as quite valuable as it will presumably help tie the conspiracy together, in the view of the prosecutors.

As to Chesebro specifically, because his trial starts tomorrow, his whole defense is he was a lawyer doing lawyer things. They now have another lawyer pleading guilty to crimes and I imagine they believe her testimony will help break through the idea they were just being lawyers.
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

eric76 said:

Yes. Motion practice requires motions to be made at the correct times to preserve error on appeal. Almost malpractice not to make the motion at the appropriate time if crap goes off of the rails later in the case.

Interestingly enough, the judge here said he felt like most of their motions probably weren't being filed at the correct time. But he went ahead and denied them anyways.
will25u
Im Gipper
TechnoFrog is a great twitter follow, but he loves to spin also.

A plea does not mean a prosecutor knew they overcharged.

There is really only 1 person Fani is after here (maybe 2 with Rudy). She will let everyone walk if they agree to testify against Trump. The hate is that strong, its not about justice.

I'm Gipper
Correction
will25u said:

Breaking News: Man of Twitter discovers concept of Plea Deal
DenverAg91
AG
What exactly is the point of Georgia having a pardon system if people have to serve out their full sentences first?
will25u
Im Gipper said:

TechnoFrog is a great twitter follow, but he loves to spin also.

A plea does not mean a prosecutor knew they overcharged.

There is really only 1 person Fani is after here (maybe 2 with Rudy). She will let everyone walk if they agree to testify against Trump. The hate is that strong, its not about justice.
TechnoFog* and she*

I am not a lawyer, so I don't know about the intricacy's of it.
Im Gipper
Restore your voting rights, be able to get a decent job, clear your name.

I'm Gipper
DenverAg91
AG
Im Gipper said:

Restore your voting rights, be able to get a decent job, clear your name.

So basically no real benefit if you are of retirement age ( I know the vast majority of defendants are working age)

I'm far from a bleeding heart lib but there is 0 point of having a pardon system if 100% of the sentence has to be served even if a pardon is granted
fka ftc
Solid case when the person most out over their skis and promising krakens and such, who actually did some admittedly and somewhat nefarious tactics in her hunt for the kraken, has all felony charges dropped in return for a plea on some misdemeanors and an apology letter.

Any idea she has "damning" testimony on Trump is laughable. Three plus years later and TDS sufferers still think there is some bombshell left to come out regarding Trump, elections, Jan 6th and classified documents.

Let me solve the mystery for you... there are no secret bombshells. Instead, the left is now left to inventing crimes.

BTW - Let her whittle it down to just Trump. Its perfect, as it then is dismissed due to his immunity. I am not here to argue that, it is simply FACT.

Have fun Trump Haterz, keep up little "wins" like this as he coasts to victory in 2024.
shiftyandquick
fka ftc said:

Solid case when the person most out over their skis and promising krakens and such, who actually did some admittedly and somewhat nefarious tactics in her hunt for the kraken, has all felony charges dropped in return for a plea on some misdemeanors and an apology letter.

Any idea she has "damning" testimony on Trump is laughable. Three plus years later and TDS sufferers still think there is some bombshell left to come out regarding Trump, elections, Jan 6th and classified documents.

Let me solve the mystery for you... there are no secret bombshells. Instead, the left is now left to inventing crimes.

BTW - Let her whittle it down to just Trump. Its perfect, as it then is dismissed due to his immunity. I am not here to argue that, it is simply FACT.

Have fun Trump Haterz, keep up little "wins" like this as he coasts to victory in 2024.
Yeah it's a big win for Trump. Well up until the moment she testifies against Trump as part of her plea agreement, in accordance to what she has agreed to testify to.
Opalka
AG
shiftyandquick said:

fka ftc said:

Yeah it's a big win for Trump. Well up until the moment she testifies against Trump as part of her plea agreement, in accordance to what she has agreed to testify to.
Doesn't have to be a bombshell, most people understand what the Trump team was trying to do. But now they have someone who was part of that team willing to talk in a courtroom as a witness.
fka ftc
Opalka said:

shiftyandquick said:

fka ftc said:

Doesn't have to be a bombshell, most people understand what the Trump team was trying to do. But now they have someone who was part of that team willing to talk in a courtroom as a witness.
What was Trump team trying to do and how you figure it was illegal?

Was she ever even on a phone call or in a room with Trump?

Keep up the hope you "got him", its thoroughly entertaining.

"For those who wait on empty shores and spit against the wind, and to those who wait forever... for ships that don't come in." - Joe Diffie
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Im Gipper said:

This is a criminal case. An apology letter is a joke.

As an aside, aren't you a bankruptcy attorney in Houston? Exciting times down there if you are jonesing to look at some closed Chapter 11 cases!
yes I am. And this whole thing has effected me a lot. I have some big roles in very active open complex cases that have just been shotgun-reassigned. Had a hearing this morning and it was tense to say the least.

What a complete Charlie Foxtrot.
Correction
fka ftc said:

LOL.

"Here's why one of Trump's co-defendants taking a plea deal in exchange for testimony is actually really good news for him..."

Spin much harder and you'll throw the earth off its axis.
fka ftc
Correction said:

fka ftc said:

LOL.

"Here's why one of Trump's co-defendants taking a plea deal in exchange for testimony is actually really good news for him..."

Spin? Not at all, just an objective take.

Let me know when Sidney releases the "kraken" of testimony against Trump. Again, has she ever even met the dude?

Some of you act like she was WH counsel.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
TXAggie2011
AG
fka ftc said:

Correction said:

fka ftc said:

LOL.

Let me know when Sidney releases the "kraken" of testimony against Trump. Again, has she ever even met the dude?

Yes, she was at that December Oval Office meeting where the WH Counsel ran into the room to try to break up when he heard about it
fka ftc
TXAggie2011 said:

fka ftc said:

Correction said:

fka ftc said:

LOL.

Yes, she was at that December Oval Office meeting where the WH Counsel ran into the room to try to break up when he heard about it
So, where is the crime?

At no point has Trump ever asked, ordered, or stated in any manner that votes be changed, fictitiously cast, ballots fabricated, tallies changed (without investigation and reason). Never.

So again, where is the crime?
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Im Gipper
Et tu CheeseBro?

Going to be lots of apology letters written at this rate!

I'm Gipper
LMCane
fka ftc said:

Correction said:

fka ftc said:

LOL.

William Barr was the Attorney General of the United States and has stated numerous times Trump is unfit for office.

Or is it only the word of the WH counsel that's now important in TrumpWorld?

because I can post a lot of interesting things that the WH counsels have stated about Trump as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.