Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,104 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
lex veritatem requirit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forgive if it has been answered, but why was Bradley texting Merchant in the first place? That seems unusual to me.
TXAggie2011
AG
I know she's trying to impeach Wade, but on the whole I think Merchant shouldn't suggest and bring up that Wade was paying Bradley back in cash
Ag with kids
AG
aggiehawg said:

lex veritatem requirit said:

Hawg, what is the legal meaning of adverse as it applies here and what does it allow for? I recall this came up when Fani was having her tantrum. Is it specific or just sort of an "idea" or "concept"?
The more common term is hostile witness. When the court deems a witness to be hostile to the party callig them upon direct examination, counsel can ask leading questions, whereas normally they are not allowed to.

So when the judge says he'll allow Merchant some leeway because the witness is adverse, he's saying she can ask some leading questions.
aggiehawg
AG

Forgive if it has been answered, but why was Bradley texting Merchant in the first place? That seems unusual to me.
I assume Merchant was reaching out to a few people around Wade and Willis when she got the credit card statements showing Wade booking lavish trips for the two of them.

Bradley got wind of those inquiries and contacted her. That's my understanding. He was trying to be in the background directing her to where the good information was.
Reality Check
Even my wife who is only half paying attention has pointed out that Bradley's head shake with an open mouth is a queue for Wade's attorney to object and tell him what to say.

Such a pathetic display for our judicial system. It's like a seminar on how to lose complete faith in America in two hours of testimony.
Reality Check

What Hawk said.

There was a reference (quickly overruled) last week to Bradley receiving a "threat" in a phone call from the D.A.'s office to remember his knowledge was privileged.

He's definitely being made a pariah in the close-knit fraternity of Black Atlanta lawyers -- you know, the way he got the first county contract to begin with. I doubt he'll be able to get a job defending someone who received a parking ticket after this.
lex veritatem requirit
Merchant could definitely be better.

But the trifecta of Wade, Willis and Bradley are either incredibly stupid, ignorant, lying or just completely and utterly corrupt. Or quite probably all of those.
Foreverconservative
Sadow up to the plate
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
Sadow really needed to be there in person.
Foreverconservative
Bradley has to be the slowest reading lawyers in history. Every Lawyer I know are generally speed readers as a job requirement
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
AgCat93
AG
Foreverconservative said:

Bradley has to be the slowest reading lawyers in history. Every Lawyer I know are generally speed readers as a job requirement

Paid by the hour?
lex veritatem requirit

Vernon Jones and Ben Crump would like a word about what you mean by this comment.

Bradley starting to mumble, fumble and is likely already caught in the lies.

Honesty would have gone a long way for all these cats, but Bradley particularly so.
Foreverconservative
Bradley has painted himself into a very dangerous corner
aggiehawg
AG
Stating under oath that he was merely speculating doesn't get him off of the hook. Because his statements as to when and where they met is too specific to be speculation.
AustinCountyAg
I've said it once and I will say it again, it is amazing how ****ing stupid you can be and still "earn" a law degree. DEI programs are STUPID
Foreverconservative
Is Bradley impeaching himself? because he's doing a great job if he is
lex veritatem requirit
AustinCountyAg said:

I've said it once and I will say it again, it is amazing how ****ing stupid you can be and still "earn" a law degree. DEI programs are STUPID
Add in a requirement that they should be honest and of high integrity, then you really have a small pool of actually respectable lawyers.

Below is the Texas oath per the google. Supporting the constitutions of the US and state seems important. Regarding the US Constitution, there seems to be blatant disregard for several parts of the 14th Amendment.

Throw number 2 completely out the window for all Trump related cases.

And number 4 would be applicable here. I don't want to clutter it up, but I assume the Georgia bar has similar language.

Quote:

Tex. Gov't Code 82.037
Current with legislation from the 2023 Regular and Special Sessions signed by the Governor as of November 21, 2023.

Section 82.037 - Oath of Attorney

(a) Each person admitted to practice law shall, before receiving a license, take an oath that the person will:
(1) support the constitutions of the United States and this state;
(2) honestly demean oneself in the practice of law;
(3) discharge the attorney's duty to the attorney's client to the best of the attorney's ability; and
(4) conduct oneself with integrity and civility in dealing and communicating with the court and all parties.
(b) The oath shall be endorsed on the license, subscribed by the person taking the oath, and attested by the officer administering the oath.

Tex. Gov't. Code 82.037

Amended by Acts 2015, Texas Acts of the 84th Leg. - Regular Session, ch. 17,Sec. 1, eff. 5/15/2015.
Added by Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 148, Sec. 3.01, eff. 9/1/1987.
aggiehawg
AG
When Fani's and Wade's team went after Ashleigh Merchant after she filed the motion to disqualify, claiming she was perpetrating a fraud on the court and suggesting sanctions against her, her good faith in filing it became a subject of issue here, requiring Merchant to subpoena Bradley.
AustinCountyAg
aggiehawg said:

When Fani's and Wade's team went after Ashleigh Merchant after she filed the motion to disqualify, claiming she was perpetrating a fraud on the court and suggesting sanctions against her, her good faith in filing it became a subject of issue here, requiring Merchant to subpoena Bradley.
can you dumb that down a little more for me?
TXAggie2011
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

aggiehawg said:

The State asked the judge to punish Merchant for filing the motion because she had no good faith basis for the motion. Part of why Bradley is on the stand is to show Merchant had a good faith basis for her motion so she isn't punished.
Foreverconservative
Someone please ask.....

1 What was the basis or what triggered you to speculate about the relationship or Wade and Willis

2. Were you aware of any relationship between Willis and Wade at the time YOU filed his divorce.
TXAggie2011
AG

Someone please ask.....

1 What was the basis or what triggered you to speculate about the relationship or Wade and Willis

2. Were you aware of any relationship between Willis and Wade at the time YOU filed his divorce.

(1) was asked by Sadow and (2) is also cumulative and he would say "no" (or "I don't know.")

I believe he also started representing him before they met. I don't remember when the divorce was actually filed.
aggiehawg
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

aggiehawg said:

Team Fani impugned Merchant's integrity as an officer of the court, which is heavy accusation against her personally. So she needed to show the information she was gathering was legit and she had sources who were in positions to have such information. Bradley was the chief one as she had the texts, calls and emails with him.

The way Merchant termed the motion to disqualify was prefaced by the words, "upon information and belief" yadda yadda happened. So her information and belief as to what she was alleging was then before the court.
aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Someone please ask.....

(1) was asked by Sadow and (2) is also cumulative and he would say "no" (or "I don't know.")

I believe he also started representing him before they met. I don't remember when the divorce was actually filed.
Day after he signed the big contract with Fani, so November 2, 2021.
TXAggie2011
AG
Sadow made the point. All these other Bubbas oughta just stay seated.
aggiehawg
AG
A bit ago, Bradley was asked if he was lying to Ashleigh Merchant. Why not say, "yes"? Out of court statement not under oath, no penalty for that.
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

A bit ago, Bradley was asked if he was lying to Ashleigh Merchant. Why not say, "yes"? Out of court statement not under oath, no penalty for that.

The defense would either accuse him of covering for a friend or the state would accuse him again of retribution. Neither option would be much fun for Bradley.
lex veritatem requirit
aggiehawg said:

That was covered above by AustinCountyAg:
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3392263/replies/67045900
Quote:

Foreverconservative
aggiehawg said:

Perhaps the ethics oath or possible disbarment

The oath is as follows: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will conduct myself as an attorney or counselor of this Court truly and honestly, justly and uprightly, and according to law; and that I will support the Constitution of the State of Georgia and the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.

Rule 9 - Attorneys(a) Application and Oath.
aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

aggiehawg said:

The defense would either accuse him of covering for a friend or the state would accuse him again of retribution. Neither option would be much fun for Bradley.
Yeah but his law license wouldn't be on the line. Lying to Ashleigh Merchant is not a crime.
Martin Q. Blank
aggiehawg said:

TXAggie2011 said:

aggiehawg said:

Yeah but his law license wouldn't be on the line. Lying to Ashleigh Merchant is not a crime.
Why lie about it? Were you lying then in detail, or are you lying now in vagueness?
TXAggie2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

TXAggie2011 said:

aggiehawg said:

And so if you're the state you get up and ask him about what puts his law license more on the line or what is a crime. What he said then or what he said now.
aggiehawg
AG

aggiehawg said:

Perhaps the ethics oath or possible disbarment

The oath is as follows: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will conduct myself as an attorney or counselor of this Court truly and honestly, justly and uprightly, and according to law; and that I will support the Constitution of the State of Georgia and the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.

Rule 9 - Attorneys(a) Application and Oath.
Not really applicable here. Opposing counsel lie to each other a lot, BTW. Here is not in a case with Merchant. He's volunteering info to her relative to a case of hers. Lying to her under those circumstances, while maybe not that ethical, it is not illegal in the same way as testimony under oath.
AggieAces06
AG
Side question… what is the lady in front of the judge doing with the weird microphone thing?

Is it a new way of court dictation instead of typing everything out?
aggiehawg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

aggiehawg said:

TXAggie2011 said:

aggiehawg said:

And so if you're the state you get up and ask him about what puts his law license more on the line or what is a crime. What he said then or what he said now.
Objection! Calls for a legal conclusion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.