Pending indictment against Trump in Georgia

189,118 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiejayrod
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieAL1 said:

So you've got Ashleigh Merchant, who misrepresented almost everything she offered in motions to disqualify Fani Willis, ready to tell a Georgia Senate committee everything she claims Terrence Bradley told her.

Then you've got a Cobb County deputy district attorney prepared to tell the panel everything Terrence Bradley told her.

Then you've got Terrence Bradley telling everyone that he can't tell anyone anything because anything he knows is privileged and everything he's been telling everyone is speculation.

Sounds like an ironclad case against Fani Willis to me.

Sounds like a which hunt full of perjury on behalf of the prosecution to me.
aggiejayrod
AG
AggieAL1 said:

So you've got Ashleigh Merchant, who misrepresented almost everything she offered in motions to disqualify Fani Willis, ready to tell a Georgia Senate committee everything she claims Terrence Bradley told her.

Then you've got a Cobb County deputy district attorney prepared to tell the panel everything Terrence Bradley told her.

Then you've got Terrence Bradley telling everyone that he can't tell anyone anything because anything he knows is privileged and everything he's been telling everyone is speculation.

You are either Abbate or his boyfriend because those are the only two people in the world who believed everything he said in his closing. Actually the way he presented makes me think even Abbate didn't believe what he said.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Lotta angry leftists around here after the scotus 9-0 tea bagging today
jt2hunt
AG
barbacoa taco said:

It would be testimony of conversations had with Bradley offered for the truth of the matter asserted. That's hearsay. And Bradley already took the stand.

Take your blinders off Homie!
Reality Check
Logos Stick said:

barbacoa taco said:

So a bunch of hearsay and double hearsay?

Do you know what direct conversation means?

Bradley is toast.

Bradley is already toast.

Between his inability to recall what color suit he put on that morning and being perceived as a turncoat against the close-knit fraternity/sorority of Black attorneys in Fulton County, he won't be able to get a case representing defendants in traffic court.
Reality Check
barbacoa taco said:

It would be testimony of conversations had with Bradley offered for the truth of the matter asserted. That's hearsay. And Bradley already took the stand.

Nope. SHE heard Fani on the other end of the phone call AND heard Bradley's response.

This witness won't take the stand before McAfee rules but is more of an insurance policy for the immediate appeal shoild McAfee not disqualify these idiots.

Her testimony will also no doubt be of interest to the state senate committee and county Board of Ethics as they look into the matter.
Foreverconservative
Witnesses coming out of the woodwork against Fani and Wade. The game is up.

They will be disqualified.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
Reality Check said:

barbacoa taco said:

Nope. SHE heard Fani on the other end of the phone call AND heard Bradley's response.

This witness won't take the stand before McAfee rules but is more of an insurance policy for the immediate appeal shoild McAfee not disqualify these idiots.

Her testimony will also no doubt be of interest to the state senate committee and county Board of Ethics as they look into the matter.
Know what else that could be? Witness tampering. The question I have is the timing on that call. While he was cooperating with Merchant but before she filed the original motion to disqualify? After the motion was filed and Bradley was essentially outed as the source? After Bradley was subpoenaed?
will25u
MOAR!

He Who Shall Be Unnamed
Sometimes you have a burning question about Continuing Education and it just can't wait until the morning to have a 5-6 hour refresher with a colleague.
aggiehawg
AG
If I am not mistaken, Cathy Latham was present at the Coffee County precinct during the 2021 Senate runoff election that had the odd QR Code Failure message preventing the tabulators from reading votes for the GOP candidates, a problem that was subsequently fixed wirelessly via a cell phone or another back door Dominion has into the EMS server.
whatthehey78
AG
Sooooooooo much corruption...so little Justice.
aggiejayrod
AG
aggiehawg said:

If I am not mistaken, Cathy Latham was present at the Coffee County precinct during the 2021 Senate runoff election that had the odd QR Code Failure message preventing the tabulators from reading votes for the GOP candidates, a problem that was subsequently fixed wirelessly via a cell phone or another back door Dominion has into the EMS server.

You must be confused. We've been reassured that they can't connect to the WiFi, especially in the most secure election in history. Ignore the voting machines that don't work when the internet is down. Are you going to believe your eyes or the manufacturers' unimpeachable testimony?
captkirk
AG
barbacoa taco said:

So a bunch of hearsay and double hearsay?

Lol
aggiehawg
AG
Foreverconservative said:

Witnesses coming out of the woodwork against Fani and Wade. The game is up.

They will be disqualified.
Or if not, there is a record for appeal. Limited evidentiary hearings can be sticky when one has very recalcitant witnesses and it is like pulling teeth to get them to answer questions. I will fault the judge on that, he should have instructed the witnesses to answer the questions much more often than he did.

So when a witness should take about 30 minutes but it winds up being over an hour or more, throws the schedule off when one has two days only to present their testimony. And it planning to call experts and opposing counsel will not stipulate to their expert status. Laying the foundation to qualify them takes some time, background, eductaional and occupational history, professional organizations they belong to, how many times tey have been qualified as an expert to testify in court, how much money they are charging for their services, etc. Takes time before one can even get into their work on the case at hand.
barbacoa taco
AG
Reality Check said:

barbacoa taco said:

pretty sure that the decision not to disqualify is not immediately appealable. would have to wait until after the trial. but hawg is right, they could be creating a record for appeal.

i don't think he will reopen evidence. it's already the neverending hearing.
Reality Check
Quote:

pretty sure that the decision not to disqualify is not immediately appealable. would have to wait until after the trial. but hawg is right, they could be creating a record for appeal.

It is… by either side.

Projection is that will add another month to the pretrial process, further diminishing the potential for this to go to trial before Election Day and, subsequently, ever.
aggiehawg
AG
Reality Check said:

Quote:

It is… by either side.

Projection is that will add another month to the pretrial process, further diminishing the potential for this to go to trial before Election Day and, subsequently, ever.

In my view, it might actually go faster if McAfee disqualifies them and it goes to the state agency to decide which other county's DA's office for review.
aggiehawg
AG
Reality Check said:

Quote:

It is… by either side.

Motion to reconsider reopening evidence?
will25u
TXAggie2011
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Reality Check said:

barbacoa taco said:

Folks keep stealing my material without citations. Boooooo!

It won't be in the evidentiary record at an appellate court if its not in the evidentiary record at the trial court. So, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "creating a record for appeal." Are you saying they'll try to say he wrongly kept evidence out of the record?

This could be immediately appealable but Judge McAfee would have to certify it for appeal and he could craft the appealable issue(s) however he saw fit. In other words, he could allow an interlocutory appeal but could limit to appealing the correct legal standard, for example.
AggieAL1
aggiejayrod said:

AggieAL1 said:

You are either Abbate or his boyfriend because those are the only two people in the world who believed everything he said in his closing. Actually the way he presented makes me think even Abbate didn't believe what he said.
It really doesn't matter what Abbate believes. Or the defendants. This was a summation and nothing said constitutes evidence. Some arguments may sway the judge more than others, but there appeared to be nothing from either side that rang any bells.

Judge McAfee has consistently said the question is simply whether Willis accrued personal or financial benefit from the relationship, how much if any, and how long such benefits continued. And did it have a bearing on the prosecution of the defendants? That's the case.

The evidence against Willis and Wade is thin. In fact it boils down to two assertions by an ex-friend of Willis', Robin Yeartie -- she had "no doubt" that Willis and Wade were in a romantic relationship before Willis retained Wade and she had seen them "hugging, kissing (showing) affection" in social settings, presumably before the hiring date.

But thanks to cross-examination by Cross and re-direct by Sadow, Yeartie conceded she had no recall of when, where on how she learned on the affair, except some vague reference to conversions with Willis. Yeartie also has a possible ax to grind since she was fired by Willis in early 2022 and they haven't spoken since.

Even Yeartie's attorney said she had no meaningful testimony to give in seeking to quash a subpoena for her appearance.

It will be difficult for McAfee to squeeze a disqualification out of that. (Though nothing's impossible.).

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It won't be in the evidentiary record at an appellate court if its not in the evidentiary record at the trial court. So, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "creating a record for appeal." Are you saying they'll try to say he wrongly kept evidence out of the record?
McAfee specifically instructed the lawyers they could make proffers during their summation. So those proffers are in the record and the pleadings/filings in relation to the motions to disqualify and motion to dismiss.

He also stated he would consider reopening evidence during those summations. Friday he seemed satisfied that he had heard enough to make his findings of facts and conclusions of law but as he's working on that, he may find that findings of fact are not as easy, clean cut as he thought.

This hearing is chock full of massive witness credibility issues. Evasive or deflective answers, no receipts to corroborate Willis and Wade's story. Horrible demeanor by many of the witnesses including Wade and Willis themselves.
captkirk
AG
AggieAL1
TXAggie2011 said:

barbacoa taco said:

Reality Check said:

barbacoa taco said:

Folks keep stealing my material without citations. Boooooo!

This could be immediately appealable but Judge McAfee would have to certify it for appeal and he could craft the appealable issue(s) however he saw fit. In other words, he could allow an interlocutory appeal but could limit to appealing the correct legal standard, for example.

Good points.

It clearly appears McAfee would certify an open interlocutory appeal (and fully expects one) if the state prevails, just by the way he has crafted the record. He has permitted almost every shred to enter the record, while indicating he's not going to consider much of it. (Some texts, emails, phone data, etc.).

Also, while the defendants would clearly have a right to appeal, does Georgia law provide for a state appeal? A ruling disqualifying Willis carries no harm to her personally, or to the state (as a legal matter). She will go being Fulton County district attorney and the state can continue prosecuting the case.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Also, while the defendants would clearly have a right to appeal, does Georgia law provide for a state appeal? A ruling disqualifying Willis carries no harm to her personally, or to the state (as a legal matter). She will go being Fulton County district attorney and the state can continue prosecuting the case.
These are very unusual circumstances vis a vis the entire DA office being disqualified. (She badly mishandled that one by involving them directly in her defense instead of hiring outside counsel.

So there might be an avenue for her to appeal if she and Wade are disqualified along with the entire office. Not sure about that though. In uncharted waters under Georgia law.
Foreverconservative
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

These are very unusual circumstances vis a vis the entire DA office being disqualified. (She badly mishandled that one by involving them directly in her defense instead of hiring outside counsel.

So there might be an avenue for her to appeal if she and Wade are disqualified along with the entire office. Not sure about that though. In uncharted waters under Georgia law.
I had wondered that and never asked because watching this trial is like drinking from a firehose to try and keep up. My question is how was she able to use state resources to defend her being accused of conflict and probable misconduct. Those attorney's get paid to prosecute crimes for the state not defend her garbage?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I had wondered that and never asked because watching this trial is like drinking from a firehose to try and keep up. My question is how was she able to use state resources to defend her being accused of conflict and probable misconduct. Those attorney's get paid to prosecute crimes for the state not defend her garbage?
Guess there are no specific laws prohibiting that? IDK.

Keep in mind the guy she replaced as Fulton County DA had been in that office for 24 years and was a very corrupt scumbag with many ethical issues over the course of that time. Were I to gues, it was Paul Howard that started a procedure to use county employed officers to cover his butt during those times and Fani felt she was entitled to do the same?

In any event by taking that route, she put her herself above the interests of her overall office's ethics much less the fair and impartial administration of justice. No ethics nor integrity in Fani nor Wade.
jt2hunt
AG
So she just picked up where he left off?
aggiehawg
AG
jt2hunt said:

So she just picked up where he left off?
Would appear so, wouldn't it?
45-70Ag
AG
I'm waiting for it to come out the judge is banging fani.
texagbeliever
I just want to know who was the genius in the whitehouse counsel who signed off on letting Fani Willis (and Wade) spearhead this investigation against Trump.

How hard is it to do a simple background check to realize there are some huge potential issues? Can you imagine the great publicity for Trump if he can go out there and say Fani Willis, the prosecutor against me was using funds to enrich herself and pay her boy toy. They got disbarred. That is game over level publicity.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
45-70Ag said:

I'm waiting for it to come out the judge is banging fani.
spit roasting her with Wade.
aggiehawg
AG
texagbeliever said:

I just want to know who was the genius in the whitehouse counsel who signed off on letting Fani Willis (and Wade) spearhead this investigation against Trump.

How hard is it to do a simple background check to realize there are some huge potential issues? Can you imagine the great publicity for Trump if he can go out there and say Fani Willis, the prosecutor against me was using funds to enrich herself and pay her boy toy. They got disbarred. That is game over level publicity.
Soros likely did the vetting, if any were done. Fani was recruited by a former legal mentor, he is now a onvicted felon, that Paul Howard was very vulnerable to being primaried and she could get the financial support if she took him on in the primary which would of course translate into winning the general in that locale.
texagbeliever
aggiehawg said:

texagbeliever said:

Soros likely did the vetting, if any were done. Fani was recruited by a former legal mentor, he is now a onvicted felon, that Paul Howard was very vulnerable to being primaried and she could get the financial support if she took him on in the primary which would of course translate into winning the general in that locale.
Probably so. But still, it is an open secret that the WH counsel put together this case against Trump. Fani was just the figurehead. An untouchable black woman. Except she has so many weak points of vulnerability, she can blow the whole thing up. The WH counsel should have pulled the rip cord and said, nope this is not worth the risk.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.